how do i enhance my graphic card on 12.3(3440x1440 resolusion)

Ts19971010

AMD OS X Member
now i use geekbench to test my gpu by opencl,it shows that about 46000-52000 score截屏2022-09-03 06.53.17.png

even more i checked the useway of slidecar,it seems that could be implemented on cpu without core graphics card
(now i use 5900x+5700xt,but slidecar shows nothing except black screen)

my hackintosh stabilized for a period of time,bt&wifi can work normally,I hope I can perfect its defects on my own AMD-Mac

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which graphics card are y using?

If it is an RX580 those scores in Geekbench are what you should expect.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Ok that being the case then the Geekbench scores should be around 70-80K not 50K. If I recall correctly.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which make an model GPU do you own?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Which PAT patch are you using? HDMI / DP Audio might go a bit wonky but if you're using Algrey's patch then switch to my one. You'll get a GPU performance boost.

Ts19971010

AMD OS X Member
Which PAT patch are you using? HDMI / DP Audio might go a bit wonky but if you're using Algrey's patch then switch to my one. You'll get a GPU performance boost.
it's fine with my dp audio,but the ssdt-5700xt.aml seems doesn't work on 12.3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Which make RX 5700 XT are you using? XFX can be a bit funky, as they have messed up VBIOS.

Post a copy of your EFI folder so we can see what you are using and what you are not using.

Just delete/redact the Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID from your config.plist before you post a copy here.

Also confirm the full specs for your system, i.e. Motherboard and CPU.

Confirm which slot the RX 5700 XT is connected through on the motherboard. We assume it is the top x16 slot, but that is not always the case.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
What about the specification of your system? What components are you using, which Motherboard/GPU make and model etc?

Your selective responses to my questions aren't helpful.

Ts19971010

AMD OS X Member
sry,here is my conf
b550m tuf wifi +5900x
5700xt 32g ram
nvme m.2 1tb
What about the specification of your system? What components are you using, which Motherboard/GPU make and model etc?

Your selective responses to my questions aren't helpful.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of the Hackintool > PCIe tab, show the full extended width of the tab so all the elements can be seen. Example below.

Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 16.15.47.png Hackintool > PCIe tab fully expanded

I think most of the SSDT's you are using are doing nothing worthwhile for your system.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your USBPorts.kext is not set correctly when compared to the USB ports available on your motherboard.

These are the USB ports available from your motherboard:
Rear USB Port ( Total 8 physical ports)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s)(1 x Type-A +1 x USB Type-C®) - both ports should be set with connector type Type-C+SW (9), not USB2 (0)
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)(4 x Type-A) - should be set with connector type USB3 (3) including the virtual USB2 ports.
2 x USB 2.0 port(s)(2 x Type-A) - should be set with connector type USB3 (3) including the virtual USB2 ports.
Front USB Port ( Total 6 )
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)(2 x Type-A) - should be set with connector type USB3 (3) including the virtual USB2 ports.
4 x USB 2.0 port(s)(4 x Type-A) - should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255), not USB2 (0)

You need to reconfigure the incorrect ports, i.e. all the ports identified and set with connector type USB2 (0) as your motherboard doesn't have any physical USB2 ports.

You have a couple of duplicate 'fixes' that are not necessary,
  1. SSDT-RTC.aml and RTCMemoryFixup.kext, use one or the other not both together. Better yet, just create an SSDT-HPET.aml with the accompanying APCI patches as recommended in the Dortania OC guide.
  2. SSDT-PLUG-RYZEN.aml and AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext. The SSDT should be removed from your setup.
You have a couple of kexts that your system doesn't require.
  • RestrictEvents.kext - this is only required when using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS.
  • IntelBluetoothInjector.kext - this doesn't work in Monterey, hence the need for the BlueToolFixup.kext.
These kexts are suspect, not sure you need them.
  • DAGPM.kext
  • Display-5e3-3402.kext
  • HibernationFixup.kext
This is how your current EFI folder looks:
Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 16.44.21.png

This is how I would setup your EFI, based on your system spec:
Screenshot 2022-09-03 at 16.46.01.png

Revising your config.plist to match the revised EFI folder makes a big difference too. You seem to have gone a bit overboard. You don't need all these 'Fixes' for your system to work with macOS Monterey.
  1. Again you have a lot of entries that are duplicates of entries you have in SSDT's that were removed.
  2. I am not sure what to say about the AMD GPU DeviceProperties entry, it is probably overkill, but means you definitely don't need the SSDT.
  3. The CPU core count is wrong, you have it set for a 24-core CPU, when your 9-5900X is a 12-core/24Thread CPU.
  4. You have another RTC 'Fix' in the NVRAM > boot arg's! (rtcfx_exclude=80-AB)
  5. You are using the SMBIOS MacPro7,1 not iMacPro1,1 as stated in the USBPorts.kext, so your USBPorts.kext is wrong in another way. But you should retain the RestricEvents.kext as it matches with your SMBIOS data. I have reinstated the RestrictEvents.kext.
  6. You are using UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion set as '-1', these two entries should be set as '0' when running Big Sur or newer.
Try using this revised and simplified EFI folder. See if this helps with your GPU. I would recommend using this EFI on a spare USB pen drive, to test it. Do not replace your current EFI until you are sure this revised EFI works.

If I were to look at anything further it would be the DeviceProperties you are using with your PowerColor RX 5700 XT.

Before you go adding any elements I removed back, check that you actually need them first. The best place to look for a lot of these elements would be your system DSDT.aml. That is where I would look.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    37.5 MB · Views: 16

Ts19971010

AMD OS X Member
sry i reply so late,thank ur answer again,

now here is the screenshot of pcies' info

截屏2022-09-04 02.30.56.png

in ur last reply,there are lots of issue i need confirm and fix,i'll try fix those one by one,

as for ssdt or dsdt,i really don't understand how to use them correctly,but i did find some help documents to try to understand the useway.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Using something you aren't sure about is the fastest way to mess up your Hack. Once you add something that isn't set correctly it can have adverse effects on other 'fixes'. You are better served keeping it simple, until you know what you are adding is actually going to work. That usually means more reading, investigations and trials before something is permanently added to your EFI setup.

Often the Hackintosh 'fixes' you find online are meant for Intel systems, unless specifically stated as being for an AMD system. Rarely are they set for AMD systems.

Ts19971010

AMD OS X Member
对不起,我回复这么晚,再次感谢你的回答,

现在这里是pcies信息的截图

[附加=完整]7105[/附加]

在你最后的回复中,有很多问题我需要确认和修复,我会尝试一个一个解决,

至于ssdt或dsdt,我真的不明白如何正确使用它们,但我确实找到了一些帮助文档来尝试了解使用方式。
for usb ports needed fix,u help me before,and it's work on my 12.3

the kext for bluetooth,yeh I haven't had time to replace it yet,the DAGPM.kext is the way i tried to fix the issue of gpu,it doesn't work,
and display-5e3-3402.kext is the color config of monitor to correctly turn on HDR,

the cores number of 5900x i didn't know how to fix that,will it affect the performance of the 5900x in hackintosh?

the last one was the usbports.kext,i truely didn't notice that include the smbios info

Ts19971010

AMD OS X Member
Your USBPorts.kext is not set correctly when compared to the USB ports available on your motherboard.

These are the USB ports available from your motherboard:
Rear USB Port ( Total 8 physical ports)
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s)(1 x Type-A +1 x USB Type-C®) - both ports should be set with connector type Type-C+SW (9), not USB2 (0)
4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)(4 x Type-A) - should be set with connector type USB3 (3) including the virtual USB2 ports.
2 x USB 2.0 port(s)(2 x Type-A) - should be set with connector type USB3 (3) including the virtual USB2 ports.
Front USB Port ( Total 6 )
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s)(2 x Type-A) - should be set with connector type USB3 (3) including the virtual USB2 ports.
4 x USB 2.0 port(s)(4 x Type-A) - should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255), not USB2 (0)

You need to reconfigure the incorrect ports, i.e. all the ports identified and set with connector type USB2 (0) as your motherboard doesn't have any physical USB2 ports.

You have a couple of duplicate 'fixes' that are not necessary,
  1. SSDT-RTC.aml and RTCMemoryFixup.kext, use one or the other not both together. Better yet, just create an SSDT-HPET.aml with the accompanying APCI patches as recommended in the Dortania OC guide.
  2. SSDT-PLUG-RYZEN.aml and AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext. The SSDT should be removed from your setup.
You have a couple of kexts that your system doesn't require.
  • RestrictEvents.kext - this is only required when using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS.
  • IntelBluetoothInjector.kext - this doesn't work in Monterey, hence the need for the BlueToolFixup.kext.
These kexts are suspect, not sure you need them.
  • DAGPM.kext
  • Display-5e3-3402.kext
  • HibernationFixup.kext
This is how your current EFI folder looks:
View attachment 7094

This is how I would setup your EFI, based on your system spec:
View attachment 7095

Revising your config.plist to match the revised EFI folder makes a big difference too. You seem to have gone a bit overboard. You don't need all these 'Fixes' for your system to work with macOS Monterey.
  1. Again you have a lot of entries that are duplicates of entries you have in SSDT's that were removed.
  2. I am not sure what to say about the AMD GPU DeviceProperties entry, it is probably overkill, but means you definitely don't need the SSDT.
  3. The CPU core count is wrong, you have it set for a 24-core CPU, when your 9-5900X is a 12-core/24Thread CPU.
  4. You have another RTC 'Fix' in the NVRAM > boot arg's! (rtcfx_exclude=80-AB)
  5. You are using the SMBIOS MacPro7,1 not iMacPro1,1 as stated in the USBPorts.kext, so your USBPorts.kext is wrong in another way. But you should retain the RestricEvents.kext as it matches with your SMBIOS data. I have reinstated the RestrictEvents.kext.
  6. You are using UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion set as '-1', these two entries should be set as '0' when running Big Sur or newer.
Try using this revised and simplified EFI folder. See if this helps with your GPU. I would recommend using this EFI on a spare USB pen drive, to test it. Do not replace your current EFI until you are sure this revised EFI works.

If I were to look at anything further it would be the DeviceProperties you are using with your PowerColor RX 5700 XT.

Before you go adding any elements I removed back, check that you actually need them first. The best place to look for a lot of these elements would be your system DSDT.aml. That is where I would look.

Hope this helps.
after use the efi from u,it still can boot my 12.3 normally,but sama for gpu,it still 48000+ score

Ts19971010

AMD OS X Member
Using something you aren't sure about is the fastest way to mess up your Hack. Once you add something that isn't set correctly it can have adverse effects on other 'fixes'. You are better served keeping it simple, until you know what you are adding is actually going to work. That usually means more reading, investigations and trials before something is permanently added to your EFI setup.

Often the Hackintosh 'fixes' you find online are meant for Intel systems, unless specifically stated as being for an AMD system. Rarely are they set for AMD systems.
Do I have to do something to get my pcie device to be recognized correctly, or get closer to its native performance?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Good to hear that the EFI I created for you works.

Simply editing the existing USBPorts.kext to have the correct SMBIOS data and revised Port connector types should fix any issues arising from the incorrect USBPorts.kext. Right-click on the USBPorts.kext, select 'Show Package Contents' and this will display a folder named 'Contents'. Within the Contents folder you will find an info.plist, this contains the USB settings. Open this plist with ProperTree or another Plist editor top make the necessary changes. Save the revised Plist and the kext should work correctly.

If the DeviceProperties you have added for your GPU are not correct, then this may be messing with the natural workings of the card. I honestly don't know if they are correct, as I don't have the same card as you are using. Where did you get the information you used to populate the DeviceProperties for your GPU?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.