poopbutthackintosh

AMD OS X Member
Hey Everyone,

I've spent the last week and a half getting Opencore working with High Sierra, only to get stuck on a semi-bootloop on the login screen after installing the Nvidia web driver and enabling my card. i can move the mouse ocassionally, but it will flash to black, log in pops back up again, but can't type in my password and just keeps cycling this. I can't get past the final step to glory :(.

I thought it might have something to do with disabling SIP, but I've tried csrutil disable via recovery (verified it disabled while booting with nv_disable=1) but nothing seems to work! I've remade my plist at least 30 times and I'm pretty burnt out.

Thinking of trying a Linux virtualization again, but I wish I could just get opencore working! Going to look through some old threads on this forum and see if I can find something. Looks like a cool community :).

I've attached the config.plist if anyone wants to take a crack at it. I have above4g enabled in BIOS and have tried disabling in bios with npci=0x2000 in the boot arg and get the same result either way. CSM is disabled and I've cleared any security keys which is the closest thing I can find for disabling secureboot in my BIOS.

I'm wondering if it's because B550 was patched pretty recently? B550+Nvidia 10xx seems like kind of a poopy combo, huh?

Specs.
Ryzen 5600x
Nvidia GTX 1060 6gb
Asus B550M Plus Wifi Mobo
32GB 3600 - DDR4
Traditional non-M2 SSD

Attachments

• config.plist
    32.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.