Help to update

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,
I'd like to update my macos to the latest update... At the moment I'm still on macos Ventura and everything is fine.

Do you think i can try to update without touching my EFI? (It's based on OC 0.9.2)
Or it's better to go with a clean installation?

I post my EFI, any help would be really appreciated! :D

Attachments

• EFI-0.9.2.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 3

Davey076

AMD OS X Member
Update to the latest release of OC before upgrading, make sure you use a compatible SMBIOS and then everything should be fine, except Broadcom WiFi is broken. You'll need to take some extra steps to get it working.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Update OpenCore and the kexts you need for your system to the latest versions, before you do anything related to updating the OS. You will definitely need to update the AMD Kernel patches in your config.plist to the 13/06/2023 release, so they work with Sonoma.

If possible I would recommend a clean installation on another drive, keeping your Ventura drive safe from being borked. Even going so far as to physically remove the Ventura drive from the system before you try to update to Sonoma.

You can use Migration Assistant in macOS Sonoma to transfer the Apps, docs and settings from your Ventura drive, so you don't have to reinstall and setup everything again. That is of course assuming your previous setup was OK and doesn't contain a number of errors/issues. If the latter was the case then a clean installation would definitely be a better option as you would have a fresh start.

hackryzentosh

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys! Thank you!

Maybe today i'll have some free time to play with this new update.

Do you think i can use the same SSD to install both the old Ventura and the new Sonoma? And then in the opencore select the mac version i want?
Is there a guide for that?

Thank you in advance!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.