Help to update sembios for future updates

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
Hello, everyone
I need some help as I realized that my SMBIOS is from 2017 iMac Pro and I won't be able to install future updates. I want to take advantage of this thread to ask if anyone knows any updated guide to update the SMBIOS for MacPro 2019. I'm sorry to ask this question but I have never modified the SMBIOS.

Thank you very much to all
Have a nice day

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hello, everyone
I need some help as I realized that my SEMBIOS is from 2017 iMac Pro and I won't be able to install future updates. I want to take advantage of this thread to ask if anyone knows any updated guide to update the SEMBIOS for MacPro 2019. I'm sorry to ask this question but I have never modified the SEMBIOS.

Thank you very much to all
Have a nice day
You can try to use either iMac20,2 or MacPro7,1 for the new SMBIOS if is for macOS Monterey or newer.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS works with the latest macOS Sonoma beta, so you don’t need to change it, if that is what you are currently using.

The following systems are supported:
iMac19,1
iMac19,2
iMac20,1
iMac20,2
iMacPro1,1
Macmini8,1
MacPro7,1
MacBookAir9,1
MacBookPro15,1
MacBookPro15,2
MacBookPro15,3
MacBookPro15,4
MacBookPro16,1
MacBookPro16,2
MacBookPro16,3
MacBookPro16,4

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
Thank you very much for the help. I didn't know that the iMacPro1,1 would work with the next update. Even so, I am going to try to change the smbios for the MacPro7,1 (I imagine that it will have more updates in the future).

I hope I don't have problems with the appStore, xCode and other services.

All the best
Thank you so much

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Just make sure you sign out of any and all Apple services you currently use, before you reboot with the new SMBIOS. Then sign in to those same services with the new SMBIOS in place. This should present any issues arising.

I would recommend generating a whole new SMBIOS for the MacPro7,1 setup.

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
Just make sure you sign out of any and all Apple services you currently use, before you reboot with the new SMBIOS. Then sign in to those same services with the new SMBIOS in place. This should present any issues arising.

I would recommend generating a whole new SMBIOS for the MacPro7,1 setup.
I plan to create the smbios for MacPro7,1 and make a new installation of the operating system. Once the new installation of MacOs has finished, all that remains is to restore data with TimeMachine.

When doing a new installation, all services will have been closed, right? Do you think there will be a problem?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No, I didn't expect you to undertake a clean installation. That being the case you don't need to sign out of any services.

The new SMBIOS will just be added to your iCloud account as a new system. I have 21 systems in my iCloud account.

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 22.50.03.png Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 22.51.03.png iCloud systems associated with my main account.

Aledky91

AMD OS X Member
No, I didn't expect you to undertake a clean installation. That being the case you don't need to sign out of any services.

The new SMBIOS will just be added to your iCloud account as a new system. I have 21 systems in my iCloud account.

View attachment 10999 View attachment 11000 iCloud systems associated with my main account.
hi edhawk

Thank you for clarifying my doubts. When I change the SMBIOS I will report how everything went.

Have a nice day

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If you switch to MacPro 7,1 and get weird messages about memory/pci slots: add the RestrictEvents kext to your OpenCore. In fact, just add it when you do switch to that in SMBIOS.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.