Hello to Mac AMD owners

LOLL

AMD OS X Member
Hi,
My last PC is AMD CPU do i come to this forum to get nice tips :)
I got i7-4790 under MacOS for several years as MacPro 5,1 backup.
Both left me so i installed Big Sur then Monterey on my AMD PC. Now it's time to go to Sonoma...

PC : AMD 5800X / Asus B550 TUF Gaming / 32Go / 1To SSD nvme dedicated for MacOS (the rest are for Windows/Linux/haiku) / Sapphire 6800 XT Nitro

Read you
LoLL

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Here is an OpenCore 0.9.4 EFI that I used on my Asus TUF B550 Gaming / Ryzen 7 5700G / RX 5700 XT system. This should work with your system.

All you need to do is add the SMBIOS data for a MacPro7,1 to the config.plist and you should be able to boot Big Sur, Monterey or Ventura.

Just rename the EFI-0.9.4 folder to 'EFI' before you use it.

Attachments

• EFI-0.9.4.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 8

LOLL

AMD OS X Member
Hi Edhawk,

Thanks for your message. I've finally installed Sonoma 14.4.1 yesterday on dedicated partition (OC 099/mp7,1/secure off), but I lost Wi-Fi/BT with my old compatible AC card.
Today, I switch on AX210 card, waiting this time as a saw some month ago that a driver was on the way, and I got Wi-Fi. Tonight, get sound by adding layout 11 .
The next step is the AX210 embedded BT :)
A neverending story...

Thanks very much for the EFI file. I will also test it as mine is getting touched everywhere so should need some cleanup...
Have a good day !
LoLL

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
For the Intel Bluetooth to work in Sonoma 14.4.1 you need to use the following kexts.

BlueToolFixup.kext v2.6.8 - https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext & IntelBTPatcher.kext v2.4.0 or newer - https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/IntelBluetoothFirmware/releases

Do not use IntelBluetoothInjector.kext with any version of macOS newer than Big Sur. As it will not work, BlueToolFixup.kext is used in its place.

See this FAQ regarding the Bluetooth kexts.

LOLL

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for info.
I applied it, but BT is still not working. I think the USB port on Mobo is not correctly set, as I do not see any device which could be the intel BT in USB list from System Information.
Furthermore, I will check the hardware tomorrow... Good night :cool:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
OK, just remember that a USB port provided through a USB 2.0 internal motherboard Header or M.2 connector needs to be set as 'Internal', i.e. connector type '255' for it to work correctly in macOS.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.