Hackintosh Performance / Radeon RX 5700 XT

edo

AMD OS X Member
Hey everyone,

I've updated my hackintosh from Catalina 10.15.4 OC 0.5.5 to 10.15.5 OC 0.5.9. What I verify is that the Geekbench results got significantly down. -8k in Metal and -8k in openCL. I feel the system a lot slow than with 10.5.4 OC 0.5.5. Any tips on optimizing Radeon RX 5700XT performance?

Geekbench 5 results comparison =>
Also, comparing CPU performance, the same code boilerplate being loaded up with docker-compose on hackintosh takes 27secs. On Pop OS 20.04 takes 2,99 secs :( I'm using docker-machine on the hackintosh but it shouldn't be the reason to be so slow as docker desktop (hyperkit) already was a bit famous for being slower. Geekbench CPU benchmarks show same result on linux and on hackintosh. So again, any idea on how to improve this?

thanks in advance, edo

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Were you using RadeonBoost before? Because 10.15.5 broke the SMU Firmware on Navi cards, the latest version of RadeonBoost does not load it any more to prevent kernel panics on boot. Also Geekbench is very synthetic and its results do not necessarily translate well into other applications like Games.

edo

AMD OS X Member
Were you using RadeonBoost before? Because 10.15.5 broke the SMU Firmware on Navi cards, the latest version of RadeonBoost does not load it any more to prevent kernel panics on boot. Also Geekbench is very synthetic and its results do not necessarily translate well into other applications like Games.

Hey, I was not using RadeonBoost.
I understand that translation is not linear but for instance, if I switch a desktop to the right, I immediately feel that things are not so smooth. This might not be related with geekbench performance index, but it's an evidence something is not completely right or that needs to be tweaked.

So, what could directly influence graphics card performance?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.