Hackintosh black screening then resetting after selecting the OS in OpenCore

nocaptony

AMD OS X Member
My Monterey 12.2 Hackintosh was working perfectly fine up until a few days ago, now every time I try to boot into it it loads about halfway then it crashes and restarts. I have no idea what could've caused this. See below the EFI and the logs (the logs are from the installer). I've also tried making a new installer to wipe and start from new, but the installer also has the same problem, it loads about halfway then it black screens and restarts the computer.

Specs: ASUS Prime A520M-A
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT
Ryzen 5 3600
OLOy WarHawk RGB 16GB @3200mhz

Attachments

• opencore-2022-09-11-163123.txt
    256 KB · Views: 4
  • EFI.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 6

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try adding AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext to your Kexts folder and config.plist. This kext became necessary with Monterey.

Attachments

• AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 1

nocaptony

AMD OS X Member
Try adding AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext to your Kexts folder and config.plist. This kext became necessary with Monterey.
Thanks for the recommendation, but it doesn't seem to work. I reverted back to macOS Big Sur which seems to be more stable than Monterey on my current spec.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.