Got a kernel panic trying to install macOS (Lenovo IdeaPad Ryzen 4300u)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
which EFI are you using now.

Post a copy and I will see what I can do to help.

I have downloaded a copy of the DSDT.aml you posted.

imwrkacc

AMD OS X Member
which EFI are you using now.

Post a copy and I will see what I can do to help.

I have downloaded a copy of the DSDT.aml you posted.
The last one that you posted for me, post #6 (EFI-2.zip), result shown in my post #7. Everything posted in this topic after that didn't worked for me, so i keep on your recommendations

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
OK, a revised EFI-3 is attached below.

This includes SSDT's created with your system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script.
I have removed a couple of SSDT's that don't contain matching devices for your system.
I have added a couple of kexts that hopefully will work with your Keyboard and trackpad.
I have made a couple of changes to the config.plist, as well as those required for the new SSDT's and kexts.

Try this EFI. Post a photo of the Verbose text if it kernel panics.

Before you use it make sure you use the ResetNvramEntry.efi from the OC boot screen. Just to make sure any old NVRAM settings are removed.

Attachments

• EFI-3.zip
    28.3 MB · Views: 2

imwrkacc

AMD OS X Member
OK, a revised EFI-3 is attached below.

This includes SSDT's created with your system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script.
I have removed a couple of SSDT's that don't contain matching devices for your system.
I have added a couple of kexts that hopefully will work with your Keyboard and trackpad.
I have made a couple of changes to the config.plist, as well as those required for the new SSDT's and kexts.

Try this EFI. Post a photo of the Verbose text if it kernel panics.

Before you use it make sure you use the ResetNvramEntry.efi from the OC boot screen. Just to make sure any old NVRAM settings are removed.
I did Reset NVRAM thing, tried new EFI, got the same result. With full installer and recovery only

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 6
  • rec.jpg
    rec.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 7

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
So, i changed a couple quirks following General troubleshooting guide about invalid frame pointer
This one:

And got another kernel panic, ever scarier. I hope it can be fixed

Here is my EFI folder. Many thanks in advance for helping!
@imwrkacc,

I just had a look at your original EFI. You mentioned about disabling NootedRed but I see didn't have the Whatevergreen kext installed in its place (in the folder).
That means it won't be able to boot regardless. As for the invalid pointer, I think that was to do with your lack of drivers for Voodoo (you only had one kext installed when it requires 3 for a laptop setup).

Anyways I have made a number of adjustments to your original EFI, also added a few settings needed for the ACPI, AMD-related kexts and tools and the required Voodoo drivers all under the latest OC 0.9.2. Try and see if it works. I have created two separate EFIs for Big Sur and for Monterey as they each use slightly different settings. NootedRed is disabled by default for both, you can try enabling it (not forgetting to disable Whatevergreen too) after getting past the macOS installation.

Attachments

• EFI for Big Sur.zip
    13.4 MB · Views: 3
  • EFI for Monterey.zip
    13.4 MB · Views: 6

imwrkacc

AMD OS X Member
@imwrkacc,

I just had a look at your original EFI. You mentioned about disabling NootedRed but I see didn't have the Whatevergreen kext installed in its place (in the folder).
That means it won't be able to boot regardless. As for the invalid pointer, I think that was to do with your lack of drivers for Voodoo (you only had one kext installed when it requires 3 for a laptop setup).

Anyways I have made a number of adjustments to your original EFI, also added a few settings needed for the ACPI, AMD-related kexts and tools and the required Voodoo drivers all under the latest OC 0.9.2. Try and see if it works. I have created two separate EFIs for Big Sur and for Monterey as they each use slightly different settings. NootedRed is disabled by default for both, you can try enabling it (not forgetting to disable Whatevergreen too) after getting past the macOS installation.
Thanks a lot for your helping, sir. Sadly, i got the exact same result as in post #25 with Edhawk's EFI.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Thanks a lot for your helping, sir. Sadly, i got the exact same result as in post #25 with Edhawk's EFI.
Did you try and run the ResetNVRAM tool after booting up the new EFIs? It is a necessary step to clear the cache otherwise it may load remnants of the files before.

I would also check your BIOS settings to see if you’ve disabled CSM and TPM and enabled Above 4G Decoding and XHCI handoff.

imwrkacc

AMD OS X Member
Did you try and run the ResetNVRAM tool after booting up the new EFIs? It is a necessary step to clear the cache otherwise it may load remnants of the files before.

I would also check your BIOS settings to see if you’ve disabled CSM and TPM and enabled Above 4G Decoding and XHCI handoff.
Sure, i do reset nvram everytime. Also my BIOS have only TPM option, which is disabled. No CSM, 4G, or XHCI

imwrkacc

AMD OS X Member
Well, seems like it is not possible to hackintosh on this laptop. Probably i should get better hardware for this

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Well, seems like it is not possible to hackintosh on this laptop. Probably i should get better hardware for this
Not entirely, because there have been others who have it working with this series of CPU (Ryzen 4000).

To have things work you must replace the entire EFI folder and also must use a matching version of the Opencore editor. I'd suggest if you haven't already to use or try OCAT (OC Auxiliary Tool).

Anyways I have adjusted the Big Sur EFI and changed a few things around. First is I changed the USB map to a compatible Lenovo laptop and also enabled the SSDT-CPUR for the 4 cores, disabled SSDT-ALS0 and Voodoo drivers and added the correct Bluetooth and Wifi drivers for Big Sur. I also added the boot-arg with npci=0x2000 (vital for the IGPU function) and updated Whatevergreen (my mistake, last EFI used slightly older version). Try the Whatevergreen version first for the install.

Attachments

• EFI Big Sur NootedRed.zip
    34.7 MB · Views: 11
  • EFI Big Sur Whatevergreen.zip
    34.7 MB · Views: 7

RARAOLIVE

AMD OS X Member
Trying to install macOS on laptop Lenovo IdeaPad 3 15ARE05

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 3 4300U
AMD Radeon Graphics Vega
NVME SSD 500GB

Created EFI folder by following Dortania's guide, and still getting a kernel panic, that says about something called "invalid frame pointer"

Can someone please help me fix this issue?
bro, are you succes or not install to 4300u?

imwrkacc

AMD OS X Member
bro, are you succes or not install to 4300u?
No. I tried everything in this thread, and many more edits and tweaks did by myself - still nothing. I dropped this idea, and maybe i'll just get a real mac

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@imwrkacc,

Okay as a last resort I've used zabdottler's Lenovo Ryzen laptop build I'd shown you earlier and created an EFI specifically for your system.
I've taken the liberty to also transfer over your SMBIOS details, added some more tools and changed the kernel patch to 4 CPU cores. Let's hope it works.

Attachments

• EFI Ryzen Vega 8 laptop.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 10

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I did Reset NVRAM thing, tried new EFI, got the same result. With full installer and recovery only
Bad booter quirks or kernel patches.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.