GB X570 pro wifi Ventura Installation help.

gopal334

AMD OS X Member
Hi
I have Monterey running fine with OC 77. Trying to install Ventura. If I just replace the new AMD patches to my working OC config the installer hangs on start and even USB keyboard stops working. Any one seen this? Also looking for any sample EFI for GB X570 pro Wifi or similar MB with working Ventura .
Thanks in advance.
Gopal
GB MB BIOS version F37B.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
You need to update your OC for Ventura as well

gopal334

AMD OS X Member

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am trying with the latest released OC 0.9.1. Ventura install fails to start. By any chance can you share the EFI for ventura ?
Did you update your kernel patches? That's also needed and most likely why to won't install.

gopal334

AMD OS X Member

Attachments

• EFIDEB.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 11

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yup! Got it from Here.
Attaching my EFI.
Thanks for uploading your EFI. I see there are no files within the ACPI folder of your EFI, I don't see why it would boot for that reason alone. Not as significant but In your kext folder I see you have a bunch of laptop related kexts? Why is that? Did you just add all the kexts downloaded when you updated SMCProcessor.kext?

Finally, but possibly not all, there seems to be an error in your config.plist. I tried to open it in PlistEdit Pro and got this error and it won't open. Line 96. That could be fatal...

There was an error reading the property list file
The file /EFIDEB/OC/config.plist could not be opened because an error occurred parsing the file.
Plist parse error: The data couldn’t be read because it isn’t in the correct format. (Found non-key inside <dict> at line 96)
JSON parse error: Illegal start of token [<] at index 0
Would you like to open the raw text of the file instead?

Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yup! Got it from Here.
Attaching my EFI.
I was able to edit your config.plist using BBEdit and removed the extra <dict> on line 96, save it and then open it in PlistEdit Pro. Your kernel patches are wrong, they aren't edited for a 12 core processor. There are probably other issues too but that's what I see so far.

gopal334

AMD OS X Member
I was able to edit your config.plist using BBEdit and removed the extra <dict> on line 96, save it and then open it in PlistEdit Pro. Your kernel patches are wrong, they aren't edited for a 12 core processor. There are probably other issues too but that's what I see so far.
Thanks for looking into it. Will take a closer look.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks for looking into it. Will take a closer look.
If you need help compress and upload your original EFI that was working in Monterey, without serial numbers please

gopal334

AMD OS X Member
If you need help compress and upload your original EFI that was working in Monterey, without serial numbers please
Thanks. I appreciate the help. I got past installation issues and was able to install Ventura 13.3 on my GB X570 Pro Wifi MB. The issue why the installer was failing was because though I had the updated AMD patches I did not fix the core count. I have an AQC107 10Gig SFP PCIE card which was flaky even after installing the patches for it. Attaching my working EFI . Again thanks a lot for pointing me in the right direction.

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1389.jpeg
    IMG_1389.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1390.jpeg
    IMG_1390.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.