Fixing audio if it doesn't work under linux

bigMak

AMD OS X Member

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you tried using the latest release of AppleALC.kext v 1.8.8?

Which layout ID are you injecting for the Realtek ALC245, which from the linux hardware probe seems to be the codec present in your HP laptop?

The supported layout-id's for the ALC245 codec are these: 11, 12 & 13.

Only layout-id 13 has been created for a HP laptop, not yours but it still might work.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 21.17.59.png 3 x layout ID's for use with ALC245 Audio codec.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You might also want to see if these components in your laptop are causing any issues:
  1. NVME drives - Samsung 980 & Samsung M991 drives
  2. Bluetooth - Foxconn Bluetooth device
  3. WiFi - MediaTek MT7922 WiFi card
The MediaTek and Foxconn WiFi & Bluetooth devices are not natively supported in macOS. Are you using a third-party installer (Chris1111) to get these devices working in macOS?

The Samsung NVMe drives are known to be problematic when used as a macOS Boot drive. Have you noticed a slow down to the system during the boot process?

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
You might also want to see if these components in your laptop are causing any issues:
  1. NVME drives - Samsung 980 & Samsung M991 drives
  2. Bluetooth - Foxconn Bluetooth device
  3. WiFi - MediaTek MT7922 WiFi card
The MediaTek and Foxconn WiFi & Bluetooth devices are not natively supported in macOS. Are you using a third-party installer (Chris1111) to get these devices working in macOS?

The Samsung NVMe drives are known to be problematic when used as a macOS Boot drive. Have you noticed a slow down to the system during the boot process?
Yeah I've found kexts and things for the pm991 and using a usb nic until I replace them. Sleep isn't really the main issue, I'm more concerned about getting audio first. Tried 11,12, and 13; will now test with the latest AppleALC version

bigMak

AMD OS X Member
Have you tried using the latest release of AppleALC.kext v 1.8.8?

Which layout ID are you injecting for the Realtek ALC245, which from the linux hardware probe seems to be the codec present in your HP laptop?

The supported layout-id's for the ALC245 codec are these: 11, 12 & 13.

Only layout-id 13 has been created for a HP laptop, not yours but it still might work.

View attachment 12942 3 x layout ID's for use with ALC245 Audio codec.
Ok latest AppleALC version:
with layout 13 speakers showed up but mic didn't, no audio from speakers
with layouts 11 and 12 speakers and mic showed up, no audio from speakers but mic levels seemed to move around, though not when I shouted at it but when I tried to play audio.
I've attached a voice note of what the mic is hearing. The clicks happen when I try to play audio through the speakers by playing the alert sound. I'm also speaking the whole time. Then KP and I can send that report if needed.
I also checked again and the mic does work in linux

Attachments

• New Recording.m4a.zip
    176.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You might have to use a USB audio device. I have used a few in the past, when the onboard audio was rubbish or just not present on the (server) system.

I am currently using a Dell SoundBar that connects via USB and it works great, no matter which OS I am using. It also has a Mic port, but I have never used that function.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 22.42.24.png Sound options on this B550/5700G hack, currently booted in to Monterey.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.