Final solution to install macOS12/13 on MSI B550 Buggy MBs

TheBlueMister

AMD OS X Member
CO-OP with Pikachu and P2mmao.
See this in CHN at links below 👇

FIRST: Plz make sure you board only has one PCIE4 M.2 SSD on the First M.2 Slot(That's important) and make sure there aren't any more M.2 SSD and SATA DEVICES installed on your board.
SECOND: Boot macOS Installer from External Disk like Samsung T7 or other removable USB Storage Drive. (you need to burn install dmg into your external drive first)
LAST: Boot ur installation USB with EFI which you can successfully boot macOS11 and logically fit for 12 or 13. ENJOY.

KNOWN ISSUES: 1. No WiFi. 2. No BLE. 3. No Ethernet Connection (Sometimes happend)

HOW TO FIX ISSUES: Buy an USB WLAN Adapter which can work successfully with MAC on Ali Express or Amazon.

MSI Engineers are working on this problem and they will successfully solve it in a month(maybe).Thanks for your all working with MSI Buggy B550 Boards.

apriliars3

AMD OS X Member
I test with other usb 2.0 pendrive with macOS Ventura, and no boot, run macos installer and after some text show me this all time

find_symbol: magic number doesn´t match 0x152dc000

shnyaps

AMD OS X Member
Did you update patches? you should you latest patches
Do you use AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement/SMCAMDProcessor? update it - there was bug in the kext

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I have lastest updates all kexts.
You don't. Old versions of AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement used the __PRELINK_TEXT kernel header which wasn't working anymore in macOS Ventura. That's why that error happens, it cannot hook into the kernel. This was fixed by changing __PRELINK_TEXT to __TEXT_EXEC which actually works on macOS Ventura. Double check your kext versions.

apriliars3

AMD OS X Member
You don't. Old versions of AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement used the __PRELINK_TEXT kernel header which wasn't working anymore in macOS Ventura. That's why that error happens, it cannot hook into the kernel. This was fixed by changing __PRELINK_TEXT to __TEXT_EXEC which actually works on macOS Ventura. Double check your kext versions.
Is this the last version? https://github.com/trulyspinach/SMCAMDProcessor/releases/tag/0.7.1

With AMDRyzenzCPUPowerManagement.kext latest update, reboot when I try boot macOS Install

Attachments

• opencore-2022-11-05-103856.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
  • EFI.zip
    11 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

apriliars3

AMD OS X Member
Did you try latest AMDRyzenzCPUPowerManagement & SMCAMDProcessor kexts?
Yes, I try with latest kext.

Also I test without this 2 kext and same issue, reboot.

Can I change boot args with macOS Install?

MSI B550 Tomahawk + Ryzen 3900X + Nvidia GT 710

boot args= -v npci=0x2000 watchdog=0 amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1 ipc_control_port_options=0 dk.e1000=0 e1000=0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.