Extremely slow boot time after upgrade

fakeyspinach

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,
I wonder if someone can give me some clue on this.
So usually it took me <20 seconds to boot in Big Sur.
I've upgraded to Monterey today and suddenly after the upgrade it takes more than 2 minutes.

1. Observing with eyes it mostly hang around somewhere like launchd- doing boot task : boot-root
  2. I've tried different Trim timeouts but this doesn't seems to change anything.

Any help would be much appreciated.

ryuken88

AMD OS X Member
Could be incompatible kexts. When I used the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext it caused the boot time to be about 5 minutes and a bunch of other things became broken.

grad1e

AMD OS X Member
Your bluetooth might be causing it. Check this

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Could also be the faulty TRIM implementation of Samsung NVMe SSDs.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
"...faulty TRIM implementation" rather 'conflicting' TRIM implementation right? That said, I boot from a Samsung 980 and it's about 1 minute from picker to login screen in my case. No huge delays I can tell - though Monterey is a lot more chatty on verbose mode. A lot of messages.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I don’t know the exact issue, just that Samsung SSDs need 1-2 minutes to TRIM while other drives take 2-3 seconds.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Seem to have lucked out with my 980 then!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.