EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START

dannyt

AMD OS X Member
Been stuck on this for the past week. Asked a bunch of other people for help and a lot of good folk tried, but still stuck. Found this forum so thought I'd give it a shot here as well. :)

Specs should be in sig if I did that correctly.

Currently running Catalina on like open core 0.5 or something (I did it a few years back). Trying to update to Monterey (downloaded from App Store, I believe it's 12.2.1?) Keep getting that error. I've tried like 15 different EFI's and I've rebuild my usb installer 3 times. I tried setting my bios using the Dortania guide, as well as a couple random threads here, and it still gives me that error.

I tried updating my bios and I still got that error - and Catalina does not work on the updated bios. (So I just reverted to the older bios for the time being.)

Does anyone have suggested Bios settings for my Mobo? I can try to update them again and set them up again.

This is the error: https://ibb.co/yYFdgfh

...no really sure which other direction to go atm.

Last edited:

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm pretty sure OpenCore 0.5 won't cut it with Monterey. There have been too many changes in between, especially with Monterey. Best start from scratch with 0.7.9 (out today!)

dannyt

AMD OS X Member
I'm pretty sure OpenCore 0.5 won't cut it with Monterey. There have been too many changes in between, especially with Monterey. Best start from scratch with 0.7.9 (out today!)

Oh nice! I was trying with 0.7.8 and it didn't work. Maybe I'll start from scratch with 0.7.9 and update ya'll on how it goes. :)

dannyt

AMD OS X Member
Yeah, safe to say I have no idea what else I could possibly do.

Here's a link to my EFI folder, my bios changes and the error message (which is still the same error.) ...if anyone else has any suggestions?

Bios updated to latest release, opencore is also latest release.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this EFI in place of your current one.

I have added a couple of kexts and made a few changes to the config.plist, which I hope will help.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 8

dannyt

AMD OS X Member
Try this EFI in place of your current one.

I have added a couple of kexts and made a few changes to the config.plist, which I hope will help.

I get the same error with that one.

dannyt

AMD OS X Member
Has anyone found a solution to this?

Is the bios too new or something? Because Catalina Boots on the old bios (Monterey does not). But both Catalina and Monterey will not boot on the new bios.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.