#[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] stuck at install Monterey

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys!
I stuck at boot install Monterey 12.5 (21G72)
I use OpenCore 7.8 (updated from 7.1 at OCAuxillaryTools), AppleMCEReporterDisabler added, all BIOS settings is correct (BigSur work perfect). I try MacPro7,1 and MacPro1,1 SMBIOS and do same problem.

I've been sitting with this problem for a week now, using different EFIs of people from this forum, but the result is still zero.
I think problem is my bad OpenCore update or missing kernel patches.
Can you please help me?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 4
Solution
Try the EFI 082 attached below. You need to rename it to EFI before you use it.

It contains the new AMD Kernel patches and is set for your X570 MB and 8-core CPU.

All you need to do is add your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID to the config.plist. The rest should remain as it you find it. This EFI should work with Big Sur and Monterey.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
Your OC is way out of date, the first thing I would do is update OC to the latest 0.8.2 and update all your kexts to the latest. You need the newest patches too, a whole lot of things have changed for Monterey and Ventura.

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
Your OC is way out of date, the first thing I would do is update OC to the latest 0.8.2 and update all your kexts to the latest. You need the newest patches too, a whole lot of things have changed for Monterey and Ventura.
My kexts are updated.

Can anyone help me update OC and kernel patches? This is all a bit difficult for me 😭

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

It contains the new AMD Kernel patches and is set for your X570 MB and 8-core CPU.

All you need to do is add your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID to the config.plist. The rest should remain as it you find it. This EFI should work with Big Sur and Monterey.

Attachments

• EFI 082.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 26
Solution

xenearz

AMD OS X Member

Thanks but this EFI doesn't work for me
I got the same errors and additional "No schema"

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to check to see if you are using the correct config.plist, as all those entries are present and correct in the config.plist I provided in post #4.

Screenshot 2022-07-31 at 19.03.01.png Screenshot 2022-07-31 at 19.03.10.png Screenshot 2022-07-31 at 19.03.48.png

Did you swap the config for your previous one?

Or did you add your Serial number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID to the new/revised config that I provided, and as instructed?

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
You need to check to see if you are using the correct config.plist, as all those entries are present and correct in the config.plist I provided in post #4.

View attachment 6750 View attachment 6751 View attachment 6752

Did you swap the config for your previous one?

Or did you add your Serial number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID to the new/revised config that I provided, and as instructed?
Oh sorry, I'm using the wrong folder. Now I use your folder (thank you very much for it!) and get a boot loop after the first Monterey restart.
I recorded a video and attached a screenshot of the error that appears for a split second. Secure boot is disabled in bios, NVRAM was resetted.

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
I changed securebootmodel from "default" to "j160", nothing happened, but when i set it to "disabled", i can sucefull install Monterey after 5-6 reboots. Is it stable?

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Default, is the correct setting for SecureBootModel when using a T2 SMBIOS, i.e. iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1.

Yes it should be stable, once you have done your part.

You do know that installing macOS is only the start of the journey, don't you? Especially when hacking an AMD system.

You now need to look at the Post-Installation processes to make the system stable.

xenearz

AMD OS X Member
Default, is the correct setting for SecureBootModel when using a T2 SMBIOS, i.e. iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1.

Yes it should be stable, once you have done your part.

You do know that installing macOS is only the start of the journey, don't you? Especially when hacking an AMD system.

You now need to look at the Post-Installation processes to make the system stable.

All my devices are working properly - GPU, NVMe, USB, audio, iMessage and more. I need time to understand if there are stability issues.

Of course I removed verbose, keepsyms and debug mode arguments, disabled showpicker (because I use 2 NVMe on win and macOS).
I don't know what else can be configured at the moment :)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.