Display issue with 6600M using displayport

yfyfyf

AMD OS X Member
hi everyone, I recently started to have issue with the display. I say recently because I haven't experienced this problem for months besides when I first got the machine running. It had somehow resolved itself and now it is like this again.

So the display would look normal for about 5 seconds, before becoming like this (see attached).
I can unplug and replug the cable and then it would be fine again... for about 5 seconds, then it would return to that state.

I can see that there are no issues with the HDMI output. This is only a problem with the displayport.

As for kexts I am using Lilu + WhateverGreen. IMG_3089.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3088.jpeg
    IMG_3088.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Assumptions:
  1. You are running macOS Ventura on an AMD laptop containing the RX6600M or RX6600S dGPU.
  2. You have disabled the AMD Integrated GPU in the bios.
  3. You are running 2 x external displays from your laptop.
  4. The HDMI connector works fine to your left hand display.
  5. The DP out connector doesn't work, leaves you with the Blue & Green banding on the display.
  6. You have checked that all cables are fully connected and are not bent, broken or in any way defective (visually).
Questions:
  • Does your laptop have a DP out connector?
  • Are you using Type-C out to DP for the righthand screen?
  • You have tried using a different DisplayPort/Type-C cable?
  • Have you tried using a different DP or Type-C port/connector (assuming your laptop has more than one)?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.