Catalina 10.15.5 "This installation can not continue" Error

fanboy_skywalker

AMD OS X Member
MoBo - ASUS Prime x570-p
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
GPU - MSI 5700XT Mech OC
RAM - Corsair 2x8gb DDR4 3200mhz

I've successfully gotten the internal M.2 SSD formatted (APFS/GUID partition) and reach the final installation screen when I get the above message. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue or can point me in the right direction? Thank you!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

madvinegar

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
MoBo - ASUS Prime x570-p
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
GPU - MSI 5700XT Mech OC
RAM - Corsair 2x8gb DDR4 3200mhz

I've successfully gotten the internal M.2 SSD formatted (APFS/GUID partition) and reach the final installation screen when I get the above message. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue or can point me in the right direction? Thank you!

It's the GPU. I have the same and it needs a special treatment to get the installation to finish.
After finishing the first stage of the installation, and before the second stage (i.e. after the reboot before the final installation stage), add this boot argument:

-wegnoegpu

After installation is completed, remove the above argument and add the agdpmod=pikera boot argument.

P.S.: Another solution would be to replace the card with a natively working one during the second part of the installation till the installation is completed. Then put back the rx5700xt.

Last edited:

fanboy_skywalker

AMD OS X Member
It's the GPU. I have the same and it needs a special treatment to get the installation to finish.
After finishing the first stage of the installation, and before the second stage (i.e. after the reboot before the final installation stage), add this boot argument:

-wegnoegpu

After installation is completed, remove the above argument and add the agdpmod=pikera boot argument.

P.S.: Another solution would be to replace the card with a natively working one during the second part of the installation till the installation is completed. Then put back the rx5700xt.
Thanks a bunch! Got it up and running. Only issue now seems to be that I can't get AVID Media Composer to run on it. Keeps crashing on the splash screen.

j71rivera

AMD OS X Member
I Also have the asus x570-p Prime. Im not sure if i cant boot into the install of Mac os because of bios setting or a efi issue. Any chance you can share you setting you had to put in bios really wish we could copy paste those things. And your EFI ? I have a 3800x but have the same board. Ive follow many guides and my head is all bloody from bashing it against the wall.

Thanks In advance.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.