Cant get past Ventura 13.0 Install

rcpscot

AMD OS X Member
I am running 12.5 just fine but when I try to update to ventura it will not boot. I tried putting in the new patch but I dont think im doing it correct.
Hardware
Gigabyte B550M
Using onboard realtek lan
AMD Ryzen 5900
AMD r570 4gb video
32gb Ram
OS is on SSD
Storage drive is NMVE
Attached is my efi folder. I also think i have alot of kext I dont need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 8

alyxferrari

Guru
Guru
It would help if you show what happens when you boot macOS Ventura. "It will not boot" isn't much to go off of. :p

alyxferrari

Guru
Guru
Yeah I know it doesn't boot, but what actually happens on the screen? Where does it get stuck? Ideally, you'd upload a video of the boot process or a photo of it right before it reboots or something like that.

Moozuki

AMD OS X Member
It's very hard to get a MSI MB to boot Monterey, Ventura is even harder to get to work.

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am running 12.5 just fine but when I try to update to ventura it will not boot. I tried putting in the new patch but I dont think im doing it correct.
Hardware
Gigabyte B550M
Using onboard realtek lan
AMD Ryzen 5900
AMD r570 4gb video
32gb Ram
OS is on SSD
Storage drive is NMVE
Attached is my efi folder. I also think i have alot of kext I dont need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Make sure to manually update your AMD power management kexts and
Opencore

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Here is your EFI updated. You had some items not needed. How did you make this EFI? It seems like there are items not needed for your build. If this don't work still, you might be better using my B550 EFI since your hardware is similar. If so, let me know and I will upload it for you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13 MB · Views: 15

rcpscot

AMD OS X Member
Thanks everyone, I worked on it and finally got it fixed. Went through and cleaned up my configuration file and deleted a bunch of items that weren't needed. Also updated to the current patch.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.