Bluetooth Insanity (finally working with Dongle), everything working pretty good for Ventura. Aorus Xtreme, x570 Radeon VII

UrbanLegend619

AMD OS X Member
Hi Guys, (meant to put this in Post Installation)

Been away from this for a couple years. Recently got all acquainted again with The Guide, I'm successfully running Ventura. You know your in the thick of things when you've rebooted your computer a hundred times in a week. A lot of reading, blood, sweat and a lot of tears, but I'm back.

However, the issue is bluetooth. I have a Fenvi T919. I've never been able to get bluetooth working on it, to be honest, not even in Windows (maybe bad card? Wifi works in Windows and Mac). Sooo many late night readings, and trying this and that. Supposedly no kexts needed for the Fenvi, but I've tried a lot of things, ending up with the BlueToolFixup, BcrmPatchRAM3 (and tried 2), and BcrmFirmwareData. Always this when I run hardware report.

Screenshot 2023-04-29 at 1.18.30 PM.png

I see this a lot across a lot of different forums. So thought I was getting somewhere. Today, I removed my Fenvi T919 card completely. Rebooted and I've run Nvram reset a few times now.

The funny thing is when I run the hardware report, the above picture persists. How can that be? There isn't even a bluetoothcard in my PC at the moment. I'm using the MacPro7,1 as my model. Is it because of that? And is that even the correct model? (it works so I stuck with it).

The best I've been able to get so far is with the Fenvi T919 and a bluetooth dongle (ZEXMTE). But even it says it's not discoverable (this while using the kext combinations above from bcrm). It kinda works, but can't do airdrop, everything says no buddy available, even though both Airside are set for "everyone". I have mapped my USB ports via the Dortania guide. The USB2.0 header (usb 2.0 hub actually) is set to be "internal". I changed to a IOGEAR bluetooth dongle (the one with green end) -
IO GEAR DONGLE at Amazon
and now I have Airplay working too.

I thought the picture above was interesting, as maybe it is what it defaults to if no bluetooth device in your PC at all. Or maybe some other reason that escapes me.

This is more of vent of my frustrations, as I like everything to work, and I've spent many a nights trying to get this to work. Way more time than I should have. Lol.

I've attached my EFI in case it's helpful for anyone with the same MB/hardware combo, or if anyone wants to take a stab at suggesting ideas with my T919 or "shutoff" issues (see below).

Still having major problems with shutdown and sleep. In fact when I do a (apple logo)>Shutdown, reset and power buttons on front panel don't even work, I quite literally have to pull the power plug. Once it even blew up my EFI and I had reinstall because I didn't know how to fix it. I restart back to OpenCore bootloader and shutdown from there. It's a hack, but isn't all of this? Hey we get to have a Mac right?? :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Been away from this for a couple years. Recently got all acquainted again with The Guide, I'm successfully running Ventura. You know your in the thick of things when you've rebooted your computer a hundred times in a week. A lot of reading, blood, sweat and a lot of tears, but I'm back.

However, the issue is bluetooth. I have a Fenvi T919. I've never been able to get bluetooth working on it, to be honest, not even in Windows (maybe bad card? Wifi works in Windows and Mac). Sooo many late night readings, and trying this and that. Supposedly no kexts needed for the Fenvi, but I've tried a lot of things, ending up with the BlueToolFixup, BcrmPatchRAM3 (and tried 2), and BcrmFirmwareData. Always this when I run hardware report.

View attachment 10550

I see this a lot across a lot of different forums. So thought I was getting somewhere. Today, I removed my Fenvi T919 card completely. Rebooted and I've run Nvram reset a few times now.

The funny thing is when I run the hardware report, the above picture persists. How can that be? There isn't even a bluetoothcard in my PC at the moment. I'm using the MacPro7,1 as my model. Is it because of that? And is that even the correct model? (it works so I stuck with it).

The best I've been able to get so far is with the Fenvi T919 and a bluetooth dongle (ZEXMTE). But even it says it's not discoverable (this while using the kext combinations above from bcrm). It kinda works, but can't do airdrop, everything says no buddy available, even though both Airside are set for "everyone". I have mapped my USB ports via the Dortania guide. The USB2.0 header (usb 2.0 hub actually) is set to be "internal". I changed to a IOGEAR bluetooth dongle (the one with green end) -
IO GEAR DONGLE at Amazon

I thought the picture above was interesting, as maybe it is what it defaults to if no bluetooth device in your PC at all. Or maybe some other reason that escapes me.

This is more of vent of my frustrations, as I like everything to work, and I've spent many a nights trying to get this to work. Way more time than I should have. Lol.

I've attached my EFI in case it's helpful for anyone with the same MB/hardware combo, or if anyone wants to take a stab at suggesting ideas with my T919 or "shutoff" issues (see below).

Still having major problems with shutdown and sleep. In fact when I do a (apple logo)>Shutdown, reset and power buttons on front panel don't even work, I quite literally have to pull the power plug. Once it even blew up my EFI and I had reinstall because I didn't know how to fix it. I restart back to OpenCore bootloader and shutdown from there. It's a hack, but isn't all of this? Hey we get to have a Mac right?? :)

Thanks!
Frustrating for sure, FYI bluetooth and sleep/ wake behavior require proper USB Mapping. Without that what you describe is the usual consequence. The reason the Bluetooth Dongle works where the Fenvi wouldn't is most likely because the internal USB header you are trying to connect to isn't properly identified. The USB port the dongle is plugged into is functioning on some level and so bluetooth works.

It's a very, very common issue so rest assured you are not alone in trying to sort it out. By example I see you have only one internal port (255) identified in your USB Map, there are at least two. One for whatever internal USB header for the Fenvi card and the other for the RGB Controller.
Up to you what you want to take on but I know if it was me I'd go back to the drawing board and use USBToolBox in Windows and go through the same process you probably already went through once. Search Github for USBToolBox if you aren't familiar with the app.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

View attachment 10550

IO GEAR DONGLE at Amazon

Thanks!
I would check out this thread here being he's using the same board and went through hoops figuring out USB

UrbanLegend619

AMD OS X Member
Hey leesurone,

Thanks for the information. I'll check it out. Really appreciate you taking a peek.

I'm having better success, at least with the shutdown/sleep stuff. The only thing that still is weird is if I leave a USB thumb drive in and pull it out after shutdown, the computer restarts. But, I'm really thinking, probably like you, it's all USB mapping related. So, got to get that USB mapping part nailed. But in general it's all pretty stable now, so can't complain too much.

Thanks! Have a great weekend!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.