B550 MB installation stuck at "Registered CoreAnalyticsHub functions with xnu."

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
There are 3 different types of B550 MB here, MSI B550 Unify, MSI B550 Unify X, and Colorful Battle AX B550. CPUs are 5600X and 5800x.
Last year (2022) I proposed to use them as office desktop with MacOS, however I didn't know this is a long darkness way.

With help from @Edhawk in post below, Big Sur installed on MSI B550 Unify. Thanks again. However BlueTooth not working made it totally useless.

Why BT is so important to me? I use TouchPad for many years (since 2012 MBP), and familiar with iPhone/iPad and Mac working together. Currently I am using a Z170/i5-6500 Catalina Hackintosh, it works perfectly with my iPhone and iPad.

To solve BT issue, I searched lots of posts and tried many times and then realized it is not possible with a USB3.0 device which I didn't have until yesterday.

So I use Colorful MB and 5600X try to install Monterey since I got USB3.0 Flash disk. Detailed specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen3 5600X
MB: Colorful BATTLE-AX B550M with Ethernet RTL8111 and Audio ALC662
Memory: 16GB*1 DDR4 3200
HD: WD SN750 1TB NvME SSD * 1
Graphic Card: SAPPHIRE RX560
Wifi/BT: BCM94360

BIOS upgraded to the newest version which is "BATTLE-AX B550M-HD PRO V14 BIOS 1009 (date 2022-07-19)"

BIOS settings by following https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/AMD/zen.html#amd-bios-settings:

Disabled
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
  • IOMMU
Not find to disable
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Parallel Port

Enabled
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
Not find to enable
Above 4G Decoding
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode

Created USBmap.kext in Windows 10 on this machine via https://github.com/USBToolBox/tool

Installation flash disk:
USB 2.0, OpenCore 0.8.8-DEBUG, Monterey 12.6.3

OC config file revised by following dortania guide.

OK, seems everything is ready. Insert flash disk to MB, and boot.

Boom!
stuck at "Registered CoreAnalyticsHub functions with xnu."

Searched internet and no clue how to troubleshooting. Can anyone guide me next steps please? It would be much appreciated.

EFI attached. Screenshot will be posted in my reply.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 3

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
The video shows your system is having issues with the SSDT's you are using. See the screenshot below, which calls errors on the following:
  1. (\SB.PCI0.GPP8.VGA_)
  2. (\_SB_PCI0.GPI0)
  3. (\_SB_PCI0.I2CA)
View attachment 9723 SSDT error messages, 3 of 5 shown.

There are two other SSDT name look up errors, but these are shown on the screen before the one captured above. Unfortunately, they can't be read clearly.

View attachment 9724 Other SSDT errors but unreadable.

So I would look at the custom SSDT's you have used, see which contain these entries and remove them from your setup, as they aren't set correctly for your system.

The two names identified in the list under items 2 & 3 are normally required on Laptops, you have a desktop system so why are you using them?

VGA is not a common name in use for graphics cards. They are more often GFX0, PEGP, PEGO or similar.

If you remove that SSDT, reboot your system and look in the IOReg or Hackintool > PCIe device tab, you will probably see the correct name you should be using.

The screen video record booting with EFI which is the first one I uploaded in this thread. SSDTs in it are exactly as same as the OC configuration guide.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
These days I jumped between MSI B550 Unify and Colorful B550 Battle, so that maybe information cause some confusions.

I will do config OC and install on Colorful MB again to make things clearly.

Good news is that, MSI B550 Unify with 5800X works almost perfectly except no Airdrop, Touchpad not work properly after wake-up (testing solution which reboot BT using sleep watcher script is in progress)and wake-up automatically in deep night(no solution yet, maybe also BT problem). With 5600X, plus don’t show CPU name and type correctly in sys info.

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
Update:

Created EFI and recorded screen video again. It stuck at same place. Attached EFI and video in zip file.

I'v tried to create SSDTs for this computer by using SSDTTime on Windows but failed, it always gave me an error "failed to decompile DSDT.aml" (like https://github.com/corpnewt/SSDTTime/issues/18). I cann't solve the problem either downloading iasl.exe directly from acpica.org nor using different BIOS versions.

Last hope is to revise ACPI tables with you guys help. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Colorful-MB-EFI-ScreenRecord.zip
    49.6 MB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.