B550 MB installation stuck at "Registered CoreAnalyticsHub functions with xnu."

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
There are 3 different types of B550 MB here, MSI B550 Unify, MSI B550 Unify X, and Colorful Battle AX B550. CPUs are 5600X and 5800x.
Last year (2022) I proposed to use them as office desktop with MacOS, however I didn't know this is a long darkness way.

With help from @Edhawk in post below, Big Sur installed on MSI B550 Unify. Thanks again. However BlueTooth not working made it totally useless.

Why BT is so important to me? I use TouchPad for many years (since 2012 MBP), and familiar with iPhone/iPad and Mac working together. Currently I am using a Z170/i5-6500 Catalina Hackintosh, it works perfectly with my iPhone and iPad.

To solve BT issue, I searched lots of posts and tried many times and then realized it is not possible with a USB3.0 device which I didn't have until yesterday.

So I use Colorful MB and 5600X try to install Monterey since I got USB3.0 Flash disk. Detailed specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen3 5600X
MB: Colorful BATTLE-AX B550M with Ethernet RTL8111 and Audio ALC662
Memory: 16GB*1 DDR4 3200
HD: WD SN750 1TB NvME SSD * 1
Graphic Card: SAPPHIRE RX560
Wifi/BT: BCM94360

BIOS upgraded to the newest version which is "BATTLE-AX B550M-HD PRO V14 BIOS 1009 (date 2022-07-19)"

BIOS settings by following https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/AMD/zen.html#amd-bios-settings:

Disabled
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
  • IOMMU
Not find to disable
Fast Boot
Secure Boot
Parallel Port

Enabled
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
Not find to enable
Above 4G Decoding
OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode

Created USBmap.kext in Windows 10 on this machine via https://github.com/USBToolBox/tool

Installation flash disk:
USB 2.0, OpenCore 0.8.8-DEBUG, Monterey 12.6.3

OC config file revised by following dortania guide.

OK, seems everything is ready. Insert flash disk to MB, and boot.

Boom!
stuck at "Registered CoreAnalyticsHub functions with xnu."

Searched internet and no clue how to troubleshooting. Can anyone guide me next steps please? It would be much appreciated.

EFI attached. Screenshot will be posted in my reply.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Corpnewt's USBMap.kext doesn't require USBToolBox.kext to configure and map the USB ports in macOS.

USBToolBox.kext is only used when you use UTBMap.kext to map your USB ports for macOS, in Windows.

So which script have you used to generate your USBMap.kext?

Not that it really matters, as the USBMap.kext is wrong in a number of ways.
It doesn't reflect the physical or virtual USB ports present on the Colourful - Battle-AX B550M-HD Pro V14 motherboard.

You have the following set in your USBMap.kext, which is named UTBMap in the info.plist! So I suppose that answers my question about which script you used.
  • 4 x ports set as USB Type-C (9) - this motherboard doesn't have any Type-C ports.
  • 5 x ports set as USB2 (0) - this motherboard only has 2 x Physical USB2 ports.
  • 12 x ports set as USB3 (3) - this is probably correct, it at lease matches the number of USB3 physical and Virtual ports on this motherboard.
  • 1 x ports set as Internal (255) - this motherboard has 2 x Header ports which support a maximum of 4 x Internal (255) ports.
BATTLE-AX B550M-HD PRO V14.jpg Motherboard with USB port/headers highlighted

BATTLE-AX B550M-HD PRO V14 - I-O plate.jpg Rear I/O plate with USB ports highlighted

Your USBMap.kext is not going to work correctly in macOS. You may be advised to go back in to Windows and recreate a UTBMap.kext that matches the ports on your motherboard.

Then replace the USBMap.kext with the correct UTBMap.kext.

You can try this OC 0.8.8 EFI in place of your current one.

I have not changed the USBMap.kext or USBToolBox.kext entries.

I have fixed some minor errors, cleaned up the config.plist and added a couple of drivers, kexts and a populated Resources folder, so the EFI uses the OC GUI boot screen instead of the text picker list.

See if this gets you any further along with the installation of macOS Monterey.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 9

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
Corpnewt's USBMap.kext doesn't require USBToolBox.kext to configure and map the USB ports in macOS.

USBToolBox.kext is only used when you use UTBMap.kext to map your USB ports for macOS, in Windows.

It doesn't reflect the physical or virtual USB ports present on the Colourful - Battle-AX B550M-HD Pro V14 motherboard.

You have the following set in your USBMap.kext, which is named UTBMap in the info.plist! So I suppose that answers my question about which script you used.
  • 4 x ports set as USB Type-C (9) - this motherboard doesn't have any Type-C ports.
  • 5 x ports set as USB2 (0) - this motherboard only has 2 x Physical USB2 ports.
  • 12 x ports set as USB3 (3) - this is probably correct, it at lease matches the number of USB3 physical and Virtual ports on this motherboard.
  • 1 x ports set as Internal (255) - this motherboard has 2 x Header ports which support a maximum of 4 x Internal (255) ports.
View attachment 9646 Motherboard with USB port/headers highlighted

View attachment 9647 Rear I/O plate with USB ports highlighted

Your USBMap.kext is not going to work correctly in macOS. You may be advised to go back in to Windows and recreate a UTBMap.kext that matches the ports on your motherboard.

I have fixed some minor errors, cleaned up the config.plist and added a couple of drivers, kexts and a populated Resources folder, so the EFI uses the OC GUI boot screen instead of the text picker list.

Thank you so much, man!
I have to physically replace NvME SSD to see/recreate USB kext stuff because there is only one NvME slot and Windows installed on another NvME ssd. That would take several hours. I will feed you back once done.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk

adrianz

AMD OS X Member

View attachment 9646 Motherboard with USB port/headers highlighted

View attachment 9647 Rear I/O plate with USB ports highlighted

No luck, bro.

The USBmap.kext in original post was created by using USBToolBox/tool on Windows, problem cause by changed setting (Run USBToolBox tool Windows version --> input C to change setting--> input N to make "Use Native Classes" enabled)-->input B to go back to main menu-->input S to select ports and build kext) and unnecessary selections after ports probe. The incorrect operations were from a video which showing people how to use USBToolBox tool on Windows.

As you mentioned, I recreate UTBMap.kext and check info.plist to make sure ports are correct, and copy USBToolBox.kext and UTBMap.kext to both EFI. Finally to update config.plist in both EFI (using ProperTree to load config.plist, press Cmd+R and choose OC folder to refresh the file. Save. )

With my original EFI, OC booting stuck at the same position. screen shot like below:

With EFI you posted, another kernel panic like screenshot below:

Both EFIs attached. Mine with new UTBMap is named Debug-2nd.zip and yours with new UTBMap is named AMD-OSX-newUSBmap.zip

Any other advise please?

Attachments

• Debug-2nd.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 4
  • AMD-OSX-newUSBmap.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 1

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
I'v tested on MSI B550 Unify. It works!

Based on the original EFI I'v posted, change UTBMap.kext (created on Windows running on same machine), update config.plist, and then delete boot arg npci=0x3000 which don't need for BIOS setting of this box, set alcid to meet ALC1220P, and set SMBIOS info. Save config.plist.

Only one SN850 NvME ssd on the MB. with GC RX560. format drive as ASPF/GUID. Installation is being in progress.

So the problem of Colorful MB is not solved but test showing that EFI config and UTBMap.kext should work as expected.

Another question is that, I have several MSI B550 Unify MBs, is the UTBMap.kext useful to all of them or should I create the kext one by one?

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
Well, AX200 on MSI B550 Unify has problem. BT working, WiFi not.
There is even no WiFi card listed in system report.

Except that, all working like charm. Even same experience when upgrade to MacOS 13.2 (from system push upgrade).

So modify EFI will be continue.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Different makes and models of the B550 motherboard will require a separate UTBMap.kext. While they might have similar ports, they might not be setup in the bios the same. As each manufacturer may use different Bios versions or suppliers.

Identical motherboards can use the same UTBMap.kext if they are mounted in an identical case. As the case front ports might differ when using different cases.

If removing the npci=0x3000 boot argument helped on the B550 Unify, it might also help on the Colourful board.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to add the correct Intel WIFI kext for the WiFi to work, either Itlwm.kext & Heliport application or Airportitlwm.kext if a Ventura version is available.

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
Different makes and models of the B550 motherboard will require a separate UTBMap.kext. While they might have similar ports, they might not be setup in the bios the same. As each manufacturer may use different Bios versions or suppliers.

Identical motherboards can use the same UTBMap.kext if they are mounted in an identical case. As the case front ports might differ when using different cases.

If removing the npci=0x3000 boot argument helped on the B550 Unify, it might also help on the Colourful board.

Thank you! I will take care of USB map on different MB/machine even if they are same MSI B550 Unify type as you said.

MSI B550 Unify looks like not a buggy board since you team's great efforts. Thank you so much! I will discuss issues of this type of MB in another post to make this topic focus on the Colorful MB.

Unfortunately, remove ncpi=3000 in config.plist of Colorful MB EFI not to make it bootable, stuck at the same position.

What kind of changes would be benefit for troubleshooting? boot-args only? or anything else?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Bios settings, CSM Enabled, then look within CSM sub menus to set OS = Other.

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
Bios settings, CSM Enabled, then look within CSM sub menus to set OS = Other.

There is no OS relevant option under CSM. I did try to enable CSM and changed UEFI & League to UEFI for 3 option, tried disable CSM again.

Anyway, disable or enable CSM relevant options, with or without npci=0x3000 boot arg, booting progress stuck at the same place in the first screen shot, last line is "Registered CoreAnalyticsHub functions with xnu."

Should I upload more debug information? Logs? How to gather them?

hdwlove

AMD OS X Member
Hi Bros, I try to install MACOS on my pc as well for a couple days. It did not work.
My Pc as below:
CPU: AMD Ryzen5 5600
MB: Colorful B550M Frozen V14 with Ethernet RTL8111 and Audio ALC892
Memory: 8gbx2 DDR4 3200
HD: adata sata 480gb
Graphic Card: SAPPHIRE RX6600xt
USB BLUETOOTH, no need wifi

Now I stuck on the pic below, I guess Colorful MB is ****, so I might get other brand.
The Only reason I need MACOS is Xcode for flutter development.
Btw, the EFI that I am using is exactly the same as your guys.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Hi Bros, I try to install MACOS on my pc as well for a couple days. It did not work.
My Pc as below:

Now I stuck on the pic below, I guess Colorful MB is ****, so I might get other brand.
Get SSDT-CPUR.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
My Pc as below:

Thanks bro!

Let's say, Colorful mother board is sucks!

I recorded a video of the quickly flash booting screen, frame by frame to analysis. It looks like that SSDT's problem, there are 14 tables not working on my computer.

Maybe, we should spend more time to create a SSDT instead of using the prebuilt one. Or, replace MB with others as you said is a better way.

adrianz

AMD OS X Member
Thanks bro!

Let's say, Colorful mother board is sucks!

I recorded a video of the quickly flash booting screen, frame by frame to analysis. It looks like that SSDT's problem, there are 14 tables not working on my computer.

Maybe, we should spend more time to create a SSDT instead of using the prebuilt one. Or, replace MB with others as you said is a better way.

attached the video

Attachments

• Hackintosh-booting-colorful-oc088.mp4.zip
    17.5 MB · Views: 5

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The video shows your system is having issues with the SSDT's you are using. See the screenshot below, which calls errors on the following:
  1. (\SB.PCI0.GPP8.VGA_)
  2. (\_SB_PCI0.GPI0)
  3. (\_SB_PCI0.I2CA)
Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 20.00.39.png SSDT error messages, 3 of 5 shown.

There are two other SSDT name look up errors, but these are shown on the screen before the one captured above. Unfortunately, they can't be read clearly.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 20.16.00.png Other SSDT errors but unreadable.

So I would look at the custom SSDT's you have used, see which contain these entries and remove them from your setup, as they aren't set correctly for your system.

The two names identified in the list under items 2 & 3 are normally required on Laptops, you have a desktop system so why are you using them?

VGA is not a common name in use for graphics cards. They are more often GFX0, PEGP, PEGO or similar.

If you remove that SSDT, reboot your system and look in the IOReg or Hackintool > PCIe device tab, you will probably see the correct name you should be using.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
The video shows your system is having issues with the SSDT's you are using. See the screenshot below, which calls errors on the following:
  1. (\SB.PCI0.GPP8.VGA_)
  2. (\_SB_PCI0.GPI0)
  3. (\_SB_PCI0.I2CA)
View attachment 9723 SSDT error messages, 3 of 5 shown.

There are two other SSDT name look up errors, but these are shown on the screen before the one captured above. Unfortunately, they can't be read clearly.

View attachment 9724 Other SSDT errors but unreadable.

So I would look at the custom SSDT's you have used, see which contain these entries and remove them from your setup, as they aren't set correctly for your system.

The two names identified in the list under items 2 & 3 are normally required on Laptops, you have a desktop system so why are you using them?

VGA is not a common name in use for graphics cards. They are more often GFX0, PEGP, PEGO or similar.

If you remove that SSDT, reboot your system and look in the IOReg or Hackintool > PCIe device tab, you will probably see the correct name you should be using.
VGA_ is used by almost all Polaris+ cards.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.