Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

SchmockLord

AMD OS X Member
Yes the bug is only related to the asus brand, try gigabyte or asrock with integrated Thunderbolt or on pcie and the bug does not show up.

I already have an ASRock, no Asus.

I have an ASRock B650M Riptide with Thunderbolt Header (but no USBC TB-Ports on the board) and an ASRock TB4 AIC PCIE-card that is compatible with the mainboard.

And under Windows, this looks like this:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-01 013216.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-01 013216.png
    946.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot 2024-02-01 013224.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-01 013224.png
    212.8 KB · Views: 9

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
I already have an ASRock, no Asus.

I have an ASRock B650M Riptide with Thunderbolt Header (but no USBC TB-Ports on the board) and an ASRock TB4 AIC PCIE-card that is compatible with the mainboard.

And under Windows, this looks like this:
And does the bios reset you on the asrock as well? I thought you had the asus.

SchmockLord

AMD OS X Member
And does the bios reset you on the asrock as well? I thought you had the asus.
Unfortunately, it does. No matter what I tried. This is why I thought you might be able to help me try to patch DSDT/modify SSDTs to have a TRX50-like behavior.

The things you said about adjusting/removing the GPE Methods or the SSDT CPMTBASL where the GPE and GPP1 (my Thunderbolt PCIE) are specified.

I need some help because I don't know what the original definitions in DSDT and SSTD CPMTBASL do.

Last edited:

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately, it does. No matter what I tried. This is why I thought you might be able to help me try to patch DSDT/modify SSDTs to have a TRX50-like behavior.

The things you said about adjusting/removing the GPE Methods or the SSDT CPMTBASL where the GPE and GPP1 (my Thunderbolt PCIE) are specified.

I need some help because I don't know what the original definitions in DSDT and SSTD CPMTBASL do.
On trx50 the acpi paths of Thunderbolt on dsdt are missing and the ssdt that defines gpe methods is missing, so it works without reset, at the fw level of Thunderbolt

SchmockLord

AMD OS X Member
On trx50 the acpi paths of Thunderbolt on dsdt are missing and the ssdt that defines gpe methods is missing, so it works without reset, at the fw level of Thunderbolt
Do you know any AM5 board where TB Hotplug works over a shutdown/restart?

Mini-ITX/Micro-Atx preferred.

dijimet

AMD OS X Member
Hello. I have Gigabyte X670E mobo, Ryzen 7900X3D, AMD 6600XT.

I have just installed Sonoma. But my ethernet does not working. Macos Sonoma does not see my ethernet card in network menu?

My ethernet: Realtek 2.5gb

Could someone help?

Attachments

• EFI-2.zip
    12 MB · Views: 14

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to use LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext for your Realtek 2.5GB Ethernet to be recognised and work. Copy of the kext is attached.

Copy this kext to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Then add an entry for the kext to your config.plist.

Attachments

• LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext.zip
    58.2 KB · Views: 4

dijimet

AMD OS X Member
You need to use LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext for your Realtek 2.5GB Ethernet to be recognised and work. Copy of the kext is attached.

Copy this kext to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Then add an entry for the kext to your config.plist.
it is already included. But it does not work. I did not find error where it is. Can you review my EFI ?

suur13

AMD OS X Member
Can somebody please guide me to more in-depth guide of MMIO Whitelist ?
The link in original post is dead (is there a copy or mirror somewhere, googling did not help) and Dortania guide is VERY minimalistic. I want to understand what I'm doing wrong.

My board is MSI X670-P Wifi. With EFI from original post here (OC 0.9.1) I was able to boot my system :)
But at least once in a day (not too often) it created random reboots. OK, I tought, I must create MMIO Whitelist to my own board...

Using Debug version of OC gives me:
13:432 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt start
13:453 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xE0000000 (0x10000 pages, 0x800000000000100D) skip 0
13:473 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xF7000000 (0x7E00 pages, 0x800000000000100D) skip 0
13:494 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEE00000 (0x1 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0
13:515 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEE01000 (0x11FF pages, 0x800000000000100D) skip 0
13:536 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0x1040000000 (0x20200 pages, 0x800000000000100D) skip 0
13:606 00:070 OCABC: MMIO devirt end, saved 935936 KB
13:626 00:020 OCABC: Only 128/256 slide values are usable!
13:647 00:020 OCABC: Valid slides - 128-255

Quite normal picture I would say ? Rows 3 and 4 even match Asus board from this thread original post/EFI...

If I Enable -> True them in config.plist MMIO Whitelist 1 by 1, I receive skip 1 for 4 first rows and 0 for last. Fine, last one must stay Enable -> False. Correct ?

Then, if I try to boot Enabling them 1 by 1, I'm only can boot with row 2 (just like the Asus X670 EFI !). Other boots stop at kernel panic. Fine I tought, only row 2 0xF7000000 must stay Enable -> True !

But result is even worse that with WRONG ASUS EFI, I get random reboots minimum once in hour, somethies right after boot, sometimes system can not even finish boot... what I'm doing wrong ?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Can somebody please guide me to more in-depth guide of MMIO Whitelist ?
The link in original post is dead (is there a copy or mirror somewhere, googling did not help) and Dortania guide is VERY minimalistic. I want to understand what I'm doing wrong.

My board is MSI X670-P Wifi. With EFI from original post here (OC 0.9.1) I was able to boot my system :)
But at least once in a day (not too often) it created random reboots. OK, I tought, I must create MMIO Whitelist to my own board...

Using Debug version of OC gives me:
13:432 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt start
13:453 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xE0000000 (0x10000 pages, 0x800000000000100D) skip 0
13:473 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xF7000000 (0x7E00 pages, 0x800000000000100D) skip 0
13:494 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEE00000 (0x1 pages, 0x8000000000000001) skip 0
13:515 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0xFEE01000 (0x11FF pages, 0x800000000000100D) skip 0
13:536 00:020 OCABC: MMIO devirt 0x1040000000 (0x20200 pages, 0x800000000000100D) skip 0
13:606 00:070 OCABC: MMIO devirt end, saved 935936 KB
13:626 00:020 OCABC: Only 128/256 slide values are usable!
13:647 00:020 OCABC: Valid slides - 128-255

Quite normal picture I would say ? Rows 3 and 4 even match Asus board from this thread original post/EFI...

If I Enable -> True them in config.plist MMIO Whitelist 1 by 1, I receive skip 1 for 4 first rows and 0 for last. Fine, last one must stay Enable -> False. Correct ?

Then, if I try to boot Enabling them 1 by 1, I'm only can boot with row 2 (just like the Asus X670 EFI !). Other boots stop at kernel panic. Fine I tought, only row 2 0xF7000000 must stay Enable -> True !

But result is even worse that with WRONG ASUS EFI, I get random reboots minimum once in hour, somethies right after boot, sometimes system can not even finish boot... what I'm doing wrong ?
I doubt that it is the entries in your MMIO Whitelist that is causing reboots, the main thing that happens if your entries are incorrect is it won't boot. It's much more likely it's something else in your EFI that needs modifying or possibly a hardware issue unless you have ruled that out in another OS (memory timings can cause reboots as an example). It could also easily be a USB issue and your port map isn't correct, did you map your USB ports or are you relying on another persons configuration?

Lots of questions and no real answers I know, best to zip and upload your EFI without serial numbers so others can review and see if they can help.

suur13

AMD OS X Member
I triple boot at Win and Linux, machine is completely stable. I have tried with and w/o EXPO.
USB Ports are mapped. They are more or less fine, but I miss 1 front port, next to working POTF, so likely POTG, but it's small concern...
I also have machine starting again after shutdown, common issue, described in Dortania, but I do not care about it so far.

Ryzen 7500 is six core CPU, GPU is 580X, no issues with that. EFI attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 8

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I triple boot at Win and Linux, machine is completely stable. I have tried with and w/o EXPO.
USB Ports are mapped. They are more or less fine, but I miss 1 front port, next to working POTF, so likely POTG, but it's small concern...
I also have machine starting again after shutdown, common issue, described in Dortania, but I do not care about it so far.

Thanks for that, I'm still looking at it but notice you aren't using AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext, that's seems like an important omission. Also I see you mapped your USB Ports in your USBPorts.kext but it seems to be incorrect. For example within iMacPro1,1-XH00 that defines 12 ports, six of them are identified as USB2.0. Your board is reported to only have four USB 2.0 ports, you also call out some other USB 2 ports within the kext in other locations of the kext. AS I mention I'm still looking over your upload and will reply again if I find anything else that stands out.

Here is what MSI says about your board:
4x USB 2.0 (Front)
4x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type A (Rear)
4x USB 3.2 Gen1 Type A (Front)
2x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type A (Rear)
1x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type C (Rear)
1x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type C (Front)
1x USB 3.2 Gen2x2 Type C (Rear)

Have you ever tried USBMap command form CorpNewt? Its my go to versus Hackintool

suur13

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for that, I'm still looking at it but notice you aren't using AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext, that's seems like an important omission.
During troubleshooting I disabled in the end everything I did not understand, saw the need and what as not present in my working X570S setup.

I really could not find what this kext is supposed to do, sorry.
Also I see you mapped your USB Ports in your USBPorts.kext but it seems to be incorrect. For example within iMacPro1,1-XH00 that defines 12 ports, six of them are identified as USB2.0. Your board is reported to only have four USB 2.0 ports, you also call out some other USB 2 ports within the kext in other locations of the kext.
Other six are USB3 ports in USB2 mode, you know, when inserting USB2 stick to USB3 port.
Have you ever tried USBMap command form CorpNewt? Its my go to versus Hackintool
Nope, not yet at least :)

But really, does USB ports cause kernel panics ?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

The other thing I see and can suggest is in your ACPI section you seem to be following the Dortania guide which pretty much leaves off with Ryzen 4 processors. See the attached screen shot of another X670E AMD5 user and their ACPI entries, ignore the first entry which probably is not needed for your build. Instead of using SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml I would substitute it with SSDT-EC-AMD.aml and then check if you have your iGPU disabled in the bios or if you need the addition of SSDT-IGPU-DISABLE.aml.
On my builds I prefer to generate my own SSDTs using CorpNewts SSDTTime, you will see that get recommended if you hang out on the boards like I have a tendency to do.

ACPI Example.png

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
During troubleshooting I disabled in the end everything I did not understand, saw the need and what as not present in my working X570S setup.

I really could not find what this kext is supposed to do, sorry.

Other six are USB3 ports in USB2 mode, you know, when inserting USB2 stick to USB3 port.

Nope, not yet at least :)

But really, does USB ports cause kernel panics ?
The above is incorrect, a USB3 port always needs to be mapped as USB3 regardless of the device plugged into it.

Unfortunately incorrectly mapped USB ports are infamous for causing crashes.... AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext is used to help prevent kernel panics.
EDIT: MSI boards tend to be more difficult to hack, it probably wasn't a consideration when you were shopping for a motherboard but if you mostly use macOS it's not the best choice.. I'm thinking Windows and Linux are your primary go to OS choices. Just an FYI until last year it wasn't even possible to hack them.

Last edited:

suur13

AMD OS X Member
The other thing I see and can suggest is in your ACPI section you seem to be following the Dortania guide which pretty much leaves off with Ryzen 4 processors. See the attached screen shot of another X670E AMD5 user and their ACPI entries, ignore the first entry which probably is not needed for your build. Instead of using SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml I would substitute it with SSDT-EC-AMD.aml and then check if you have your iGPU disabled in the bios or if you need the addition of SSDT-IGPU-DISABLE.aml.
On my builds I prefer to generate my own SSDTs using CorpNewts SSDTTime, you will see that get recommended if you hang out on the boards like I have a tendency to do.

View attachment 13311
Correct, mostly Dortania. Same reason - you could not understand (what are attached in first post EFI) are SSDT-EC-AMD.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml ASUS X670E specific or generic. But I tried both - Dortania single file and 2 separate from 1st post with same results.

I picked 7500F specially for Hackintosh - the one w/o iGPU, to avoid all audio issues etc. So I do not have one and have double disabled it in BIOS :)

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Correct, mostly Dortania. Same reason - you could not understand (what are attached in first post EFI) are SSDT-EC-AMD.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml ASUS X670E specific or generic. But I tried both - Dortania single file and 2 separate from 1st post with same results.

I picked 7500F specially for Hackintosh - the one w/o iGPU, to avoid all audio issues etc. So I do not have one and have double disabled it in BIOS :)
Sorry, I don't understand this bit:
you could not understand (what are attached in first post EFI) are SSDT-EC-AMD.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml ASUS X670E specific or generic. But I tried both - Dortania single file and 2 separate from 1st post with same results.
Here is a link to SSDTTime if you are interested

suur13

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for your help so far !

I mean - I tried both SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml from Dortania and also 2 separate SSDT-EC-AMD.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml from ASUS X670E EFI. There were no noticeable difference in stability. Sorry, english is not my first language.
Also question - are SSDT-EC-AMD.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml from this ASUS X670E EFI (in the first post of the thread) Asus board specific or generic like Dortania's ?

Also, I'm still running Big Sur. Is AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext still OK for Big Sur ?
I saw MinKernel 21.0.0 in Asus EFI. Changed it to 20 and got crash on next boot...

I also saw that I had Thunderbolt/USB4 patch Enabled and disabled it.

PS. I run X570S Tomahawk Hackintosh stable for 2 years following Dortania and very minimal EFI. My impresssion regarding MSI was great.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you for your help so far !

I mean - I tried both SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml from Dortania and also 2 separate SSDT-EC-AMD.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml from ASUS X670E EFI. There were no noticeable difference in stability. Sorry, english is not my first language.
Also question - are SSDT-EC-AMD.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml from this ASUS X670E EFI (in the first post of the thread) Asus board specific or generic like Dortania's ?
Okay, I see now, your posts have been very understandable, no worries. Those SSDTs can be generic and still work, they are designed to work for multiple hardware configurations but as I mentioned you can pretty easily create your own specific SSDTs.

Also, I'm still running Big Sur. Is AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext still OK for Big Sur ?
I saw MinKernel 21.0.0 in Asus EFI. Changed it to 20 and got crash on next boot...
That explains why you don’t need that kext, always helpful to include what version of macOS you are running.
I also saw that I had Thunderbolt/USB4 patch Enabled and disabled it.

PS. I run X570S Tomahawk Hackintosh stable for 2 years following Dortania and very minimal EFI. My impresssion regarding MSI was great.
Right, I wasn’t saying it’s not a good board just I would not recommend them for a Ryzentosh except to someone who doesn’t mind a little frustration and a possible poor outcome. You will notice that most success stories here and on other sites use ASUS or Gigabyte motherboards.

Last edited:

suur13

AMD OS X Member
Disabeling Thunderbolt/usb4 patch seemed to help, but evening still ended with a crash. So it is something else somewhere...

I tried also install fresh Monterey, but install loops at famous "29 minutes boot loop".

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.