Asus tuf gaming x570-plus, RX 590, 5900x, Monterey

erus

AMD OS X Member
Just finished my sleep issue (woke up immediately) so wanted to share my Ryzentosh.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 590 8GB PULSE
Motherboard: Asus tuf gaming x570-plus (no wifi or bluetooth)
Memory: Corsair 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2133MHz CL15 Value Select S0-DIMM
Storage: Crucial P5 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD (macOS)
Storage: Crucial BX500 480GB SSD (win11)
Storage: ADATA SX900-series 64GB (macOSTest, for testing updates etc before doing it on main mac)
Storage: WD Red 2TB IntelliPower 64MB
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 4TB 5900rpm 64MB
Storage: Seagate Backup Plus Desktop Hub 8TB
Asus PCE-AX-3000 wifi/bt card

Problems with the build:
My bluetooth keyboard and mouse aint working immediately after sleep if I wake the Mac with the power button on the case, but when I press my other bluetooth mouse that has a USB adapter connected to the computer (and I have to press two times and not to close to one another), it wakes up the system and my keyboard and trackpad works flawlessly. Do not know why this is but has read that the AX3000 has problem with the wake up part. Do not suggest it, go with something else.

Otherwise I do not know any problems but will probably detect something along the road.

I’m very happy with my build, next will be to get a new GPU, oh and I have ordered a cheap 5.0 bluetooth usb that will arrive in august (long way to go from US to Sweden) that I wanna check and see if it works. I have 4 bluetooth adapters and there is always something wrong with them like only trackpad works and not the keyboard or like AX3000 I can’t wake the computer with bluetooth devices and I have to reconnect them in order to get them to work.

I’m a noob in hackintosh so if anyone has any suggestions to get them to work I’m all ears.

Can also say that I had to do USB mapping in order to get AX3000 as internal so the computer could get to sleep.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you tried using a Broadcom WiFi/BT card, specifically an Apple WiFi/BT card mounted on a PCie adapter card. That is what I use in all my Hacks and upgraded Macs.
  • PCIe/x1: BCM94360CD - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • M.2: BCM94360CSAX - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • M.2: BCM943602CS - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (3 antennas)
  • M.2: BCM94360CS2 - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE (2 antennas)
  • M.2: BCM94352Z/AzureWave AW-CE162NF/DW1560 - supports WiFi/ac and BT4LE
  • M.2: BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A - native WiFi/ac and BT4LE
If you have an M.2 WiFi connector on your motherboard it is even easier, as you can just repurpose the connector used by your Intel card.

wifi + BT.png typical PCIe x1 adapter with native Apple Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

The Broadcom cards are all BT 4.0.

You might want to have a read of this post over at Tonymacx86 regarding BT 5.0 dongles etc. As they are problematic in macOS.

erus

AMD OS X Member
and how do I know if I have M.2 WiFi connector on my motherboard?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Motherboard specifications will usually say if the connector is M.2.

You are aware that the card you linked on Amazon is just the adapter card. It doesn’t come with a Broadcom WiFi/BT card, just the PCIe x1 adapter.

I have a number of different native Apple Broadcom WiFi/BT cards, six i think in different hacks all using PCIe adapters. They all work really well . I wouldn’t recommend one over another as they all provide dual band WiFi and decent Bluetooth reception. What I would say is don’t get the BCM94331CD as it is only an ‘n’ series card, Either of the BCM94360 cards would be good, as the are dual band ‘ac’ cards.

eBay.co.uk

Hope this helps.

erus

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for the info! Great help! Will read a little more about them and see which I can get for the best price.

I saw that on amazons webpage but I dont understand what it means that it is just adapter and no bt card?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I saw that on amazons webpage but I dont understand what it means that it is just adapter and no bt card?
Yes, just the adapter no WiFi/BT card, that is why it is so cheap.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus motherboard doesn't have a WiFi M.2 connector. I just realised you said you have the non-WiFi board.

Only the Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus WiFi board has that type of connector.

So you need to use a PCIe x1 adapter card and a native Broadcom WiFi/BT card. Which will provide you with the full range of Apple WiFi/BT services, e.g. Handoff, Continuity, Airplay, SideCar etc.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
This is the exact card I use, https://amzn.to/3IKbgLP
You'd just need an adapter for it to work in a PCI slot. Just make sure you get one that supports BT also. You'll need a spare USB 2.0 header on your Motherboard to enable it.

erus

AMD OS X Member
This is the exact card I use, https://amzn.to/3IKbgLP
You'd just need an adapter for it to work in a PCI slot. Just make sure you get one that supports BT also. You'll need a spare USB 2.0 header on your Motherboard to enable it.
Thx for the info but I get confused with the fact that I need an adapter as well... Do I need an adapter to Fenvi 919 as well or will it work just after installation? If it works, why do you guys not choose that instead?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Because the native Apple Broadcom cards work better than the Fenvi equivalent cards.

You need to be aware the there are different versions of the Apple Broadcom cards, BCM94360CD, BCM943602CS & BCM94360CS2 being the most common.

The first, the BMC94360CD is the oldest and has 4x aerial connections.
s-l1600-3.jpg s-l1600-4.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg 4 x Aerial connector PCIe adapter for BCM94360CD

The other two WiFi/BT cards have 3x aerial connections.
s-l1600-5.jpg s-l1600-6.jpg s-l1600.jpg 3 x Aerial connector PCIe adapter for BCM943602CS & BCM94360CS2

Pictures from eBay auctions.

The aerial connectors are different sizes, with the BCM94360CD using the larger U.FL connectors, and the BCM943602CS/CS2 cards using smaller IPEX MHF4 connectors. So you need to pay attention and make sure the PCIe card works with the Broadcom card you purchase.

The Fenvi cards can work out of the box.
But on occasion they can be temperamental and not work as well as they should, possibly to do with Fenvi quality controls.
The aerials provided with the Fenvi cards can also be weak, and not provide a strong enough signal, especially when the card is in a tall tower case that is hidden under a desk.

But as with any Hack the components you buy are down to the User and as they say Your Milage May Vary (YMMV), even when using a component that works perfectly for everyone else.

erus

AMD OS X Member
Beginning to sound like a broken record but thank you again for taking your time to explain!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
  • Both would work. The BT will be 4.0 on both cards.
  • In both cases you get the adapter and a Broadcom WiFi/BT card.
  • The second item being the better option, as the WiFi is faster, 1750Mbps vs 1200Mbps, but that only makes a difference if your WiFi is AC/5GHz speed on your home or work network.
  • They combine the 2.4GHz & 5GHz (ac) speeds to get those figures, as you can theoretically use both at the same time.
Cost not being an issue I would go for the second one using the BCM94360CD card.

erus

AMD OS X Member
Update:
Ordered Amazon.com: Hackintosh WiFi Dual Band macOS WiFi Card BCM94360CD 802.11a/g/n/ac 1750Mbps BT4.0 PCIe Network Adapter Natively Support AirDrop Handoff (Plug and Play for macOS) : Electronics and after five days or so amazon said that they did not have it so I got a refund and ordered Amazon.com: Deal4Go BCM94360CS2 1200Mbps 802.11ac Wireless WiFi Adapter PCI-E WLAN Card with Bluetooth 4.0 for MAC Hackintosh Windows 7/8/10 : Electronics instead and got it today. Mounted it and started the computer without removing any kext and it worked, or the trackpad did but not my keyboard. Removed some kexts and now the keyboard works and trackpad also, even airdrop! Tried another keyboard when my original did not work and that one worked, even in open core menu in startup which my keyboard i'm using does not do, but no problems... The bluetooth signal are much better then before, I can be in the kitchen or the bedroom when the computer are in the livingroom and have only noticed small glitches for half a second when i'm going as far away I can get from the computer, so very good purchase and thanks for the tips!!

erus

AMD OS X Member
And the computer wakes from sleep when I press either keyboard or trackpad, and no lagging this far

erus

AMD OS X Member
Have been using it now and I have found that my trackpad gets laggy from time to time. I have the ryzentosh under my desk, straight under the trackpad so I dont get it why it's lagging from time to time. Have turned of wifi but still the same. I can use my headphones in another room so the signal should be alright...

I have installed BrcmBluetoothInjector, BrcmFirmwareData, BrcmNonPatchRAM2, BrcmPatchRAM3 (do not know what it actually does but if you don't try you never know) but with the same result.

In system report it says:
Bluetooth Controller:

Address: 30:35:AD:BB:4B:59

State: On

Chipset: BCM_20702B0

Discoverable: Off

Firmware Version: v150 c9318

Product ID: 0x0001

Supported Devices: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >

Transport: USB

Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)

is this right?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.