Asus Rog Strix X670E-A Gaming Wi-Fi, Ryzen 5 7600X, XFX RX6800XT OpenCore 1.0.0 EFI, Sonoma 14.5

kamikadzik

AMD OS X Member
Greetings everyone, I've finally managed to install MacOS Sonoma 14.5 on my PC!

System Specs:

• Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X670E-A Gaming Wi-Fi
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 7600X
  • GPU: XFX RX6800XT
  • SSD: Lexar NM790 1TB
  • RAM: XPG Lancer Blade DDR 5 6200 CL30 32GB

Everything seems to be working except for sleep mode sleep mode is working. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth due to the built-in MediaTek module, it doesn't work.

The USB card is fully compatible with my system and features 1 USB 2.0 port and 2 USB 3.0 ports on the front panel. The USB 4 port on the back panel is disabled in the BIOS

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    9.7 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

kamikadzik

AMD OS X Member
Here are some examples of tests

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 19.49.42.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 19.49.42.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 19.57.44.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 19.57.44.png
    296 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 20.02.56.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 20.02.56.png
    300.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 20.07.33.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-02 at 20.07.33.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 13

kamikadzik

AMD OS X Member
Can anyone help me fix sleep mode?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Can anyone help me fix sleep mode?
If you were interested its likely the onboard wifi/ bluetooth can be changed to an intel based card (the board needs to be out of the case and you have to perform minor surgery by removing the I/O heat shield). You can also likely disable it in the bios under the advanced tab and then add in an intel based pcie card that would take care of that.... all optional of course.
To enable sleep you will need to do a proper mapping of your USB ports, on AMD boards its usually a little easier than some of the intel chipsets because there are multiple separate controllers and it helps keep the port count down on each to 15 or less.
Do you have any experience with USB Port mapping? There are several ways to go about it either via Windows or within macOS.

kamikadzik

AMD OS X Member
If you were interested its likely the onboard wifi/ bluetooth can be changed to an intel based card (the board needs to be out of the case and you have to perform minor surgery by removing the I/O heat shield). You can also likely disable it in the bios under the advanced tab and then add in an intel based pcie card that would take care of that.... all optional of course.
To enable sleep you will need to do a proper mapping of your USB ports, on AMD boards its usually a little easier than some of the intel chipsets because there are multiple separate controllers and it helps keep the port count down on each to 15 or less.
Do you have any experience with USB Port mapping? There are several ways to go about it either via Windows or within macOS.
The ports are built, but the USB2 on the front panel and 1 Type-C on the back panel are not working. I have no idea how to fix it.

Thanks, I've already been looking at PCI wireless network cards.

Last edited:

kamikadzik

AMD OS X Member
In my case, there are 5 controllers.
Enabling the port limit patch enables broken ports while disabling some working ones.

Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
In my case, there are 5 controllers.
Enabling the port limit patch enables broken ports while disabling some working ones.
I checked your USBMap.kext to see how ports are mapped and I'm not sure what method you used but you have four controllers identified, three of them with 14 ports and all three of these are mapped identically the same. Each of the three call out the same type of port and to the same port address. That is not a correct result, each controller serves its own ports and each will vary by type and port address.
If you doubt me use a plist editor to open the kext and then drill down to see ports under the MacPro7,1-XH00, MacPro7,1-XH00-1 and MacPro7,1-XHC2 controllers. All are ports listed within each controller is the same.
This is what Asus says you have for USB Ports but doesn't account for internal ports that are needed to support your ROG SupremeFX 7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio CODEC ALC4080, your Aura Controller and or Bluetooth.

Rear USB (Total 12 ports)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 port (1 x USB Type-C®)
8 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports (7 x Type-A + 1 x USB Type-C®)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port (1 x Type-A)
2 x USB 2.0 ports (2 x Type-A)

Front USB (Total 7 ports)
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 connector (supports USB Type-C® )
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 header supports additional 2 USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
2 x USB 2.0 headers support additional 4 USB 2.0 ports

You are missing some of the Type C ports, some of the USB 2 and all internal ports as mentioned above.
By itself the USBMap script will incorrectly label ports and you have to diligent to identify what port is being identified and edit it to be correct.

Here's a primer on mapping ports stolen from Edhawk

To discover the correct connector type for each Type-C port/header you need to do the following:

• Plug in a Type-C device to a type-c port and a specific port will be highlighted.
  • Eject the Type-C device, flip it 180° and reinsert the device in the same port.
    • If the same port is highlighted then the connector is Type-c+switch (9)
    • If a different port is highlighted then the connector is Type-c without switch (10).
  • Any virtual USB2 ports served by the Type-C port or header would need to match the physical attribute of the port or header when a Type-C device is used.
  • You may not activate or use the virtual USB2 ports on the Type-C ports/header, in which case you can ignore them and leave them out of your USB configuration.
  • Your PC case may not have a front Type-C port, in which case the Type-C header would not be used and can be ignored.
You need to remember the following when undertaking the USB port discovery,

1. Only Type-A USB2 physical ports (black tang) should be set with connector type USB2 (0).
  2. Any Type-A USB3 physical port (red or Blue tang) should be set with connector type USB3 (3), no matter which Gen.
  3. Any USB2 virtual port served from a Physical USB3 port should be set with the connector type USB3 (3) to match the physical port characteristics.
  4. Any USB3 or USB2 ports served from a USB3 motherboard header should be set with connector type USB3 (3).
  5. Any port or device served from a USB2 motherboard header should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255), never as USB2 (0).
  6. Type-C ports and headers have been explained above.
Again I don't know how you mapped your ports but I recommend USBMap by CorpNewt or USBToolBox for Windows. Either way you are going to need to start over and take you time plugging various devices in and then labeling the results

kamikadzik

AMD OS X Member
I checked your USBMap.kext to see how ports are mapped and I'm not sure what method you used but you have four controllers identified, three of them with 14 ports and all three of these are mapped identically the same. Each of the three call out the type of port and to the same port address. That is not a correct result, each controller serves its own ports and each will vary by type and port address.
If you doubt me use a plist editor to open the kext and then drill down to see ports under the MacPro7,1-XH00, MacPro7,1-XH00-1 and MacPro7,1-XHC2 controllers.
This is what Asus says you have for USB Ports but doesn't to account for internal ports that are needed to support your ROG SupremeFX 7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio CODEC ALC4080, your Aura Controller and or Bluetooth.

You are missing some of the Type C ports, some of the USB 2 and all internal ports as mentioned above.
By itself the USBMap script will incorrectly label ports and you have to diligent to identify what port is being identified and edit it to be correct.

To discover the correct connector type for each Type-C port/header you need to do the following:

• Plug in a Type-C device to a type-c port and a specific port will be highlighted.
  • Eject the Type-C device, flip it 180° and reinsert the device in the same port.
    • If a different port is highlighted then the connector is Type-c without switch (10).
  • Any virtual USB2 ports served by the Type-C port or header would need to match the physical attribute of the port or header when a Type-C device is used.
  • You may not activate or use the virtual USB2 ports on the Type-C ports/header, in which case you can ignore them and leave them out of your USB configuration.
  • Your PC case may not have a front Type-C port, in which case the Type-C header would not be used and can be ignored.

1. Only Type-A USB2 physical ports (black tang) should be set with connector type USB2 (0).
  2. Any Type-A USB3 physical port (red or Blue tang) should be set with connector type USB3 (3), no matter which Gen.
  3. Any USB2 virtual port served from a Physical USB3 port should be set with the connector type USB3 (3) to match the physical port characteristics.
  4. Any USB3 or USB2 ports served from a USB3 motherboard header should be set with connector type USB3 (3).
  5. Any port or device served from a USB2 motherboard header should be set with connector type 'Internal' (255), never as USB2 (0).
Again I don't know how you mapped your ports but I recommend USBMap by CorpNewt or USBToolBox for Windows. Either way you are going to need to start over and take you time plugging various devices in and then labeling the results
No, there's no doubt about it, because I just tried plugging in Flash 2.0 and Flash 3.0 into the same port, and in Hackintool they showed up on different ports.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2024-06-03 в 01.21.59.png
    Снимок экрана 2024-06-03 в 01.21.59.png
    126.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Снимок экрана 2024-06-03 в 01.22.11.png
    Снимок экрана 2024-06-03 в 01.22.11.png
    21.7 KB · Views: 12

kamikadzik

AMD OS X Member
No, there's no doubt about it, because I just tried plugging in Flash 2.0 and Flash 3.0 into the same port, and in Hackintool they showed up on different ports.
I tested each port using USBToolBox with different flash drives 2.0 and 3.0, as well as type-c twice on both sides.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана (43).png
    Снимок экрана (43).png
    221.4 KB · Views: 14

kamikadzik

AMD OS X Member
I checked your USBMap.kext to see how ports are mapped and I'm not sure what method you used but you have four controllers identified, three of them with 14 ports and all three of these are mapped identically the same. Each of the three call out the same type of port and to the same port address. That is not a correct result, each controller serves its own ports and each will vary by type and port address.
If you doubt me use a plist editor to open the kext and then drill down to see ports under the MacPro7,1-XH00, MacPro7,1-XH00-1 and MacPro7,1-XHC2 controllers. All are ports listed within each controller is the same.
This is what Asus says you have for USB Ports but doesn't account for internal ports that are needed to support your ROG SupremeFX 7.1 Surround Sound High Definition Audio CODEC ALC4080, your Aura Controller and or Bluetooth.

Repurposed all ports, all ports are active and sleep is now working, sending the modified EFI now. Thank you very much!)

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2024-06-03 в 02.55.48.png
    Снимок экрана 2024-06-03 в 02.55.48.png
    255.7 KB · Views: 16

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Normal

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.