Asus BIOS Upgrade - Stuck [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

sandflea

AMD OS X Member
I recently upgrade my Asus ROG Strix X570-I to the latest BIOS 2407. After that, OpenCore gets stuck at [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]. It was booting fine with the original BIOS 1407.

I had to change these two configurations in the OC:

• RebuildAppleMemoryMap = True
  • SetupVirtualMap = False;
Just wanted to share this info because I spent half a day trying revert back the BIOS and trying out all different configurations...

Per Aluveitie's note below, I check and found that I also had:
  • SyncRuntimePermissions = True​

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks for sharing, though I have the ASRock ITX I also got a BIOS update with the latest AGESA so this is good to know 👍

Buki

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for sharing. Thought I lost ryzentosh!

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Strange. I updated my MSI BIOS to include the Updated AMD AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.0.0.2 patch. No changes were needed to my config.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I already had the settings as described, but for the new BIOS I had to also enable SyncRuntimePermissions otherwise macOS would not boot anymore.

DeepTrik

AMD OS X Member
I recently upgrade my Asus ROG Strix X570-I to the latest BIOS 2407. After that, OpenCore gets stuck at [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]. It was booting fine with the original BIOS 1407.

I had to change these two configurations in the OC:

• RebuildAppleMemoryMap = True
  • SetupVirtualMap = False;
Just wanted to share this info because I spent half a day trying revert back the BIOS and trying out all different configurations...

Thank you @sandflea! this helped me get my system back up and running! I was so panicked!!

sandflea

AMD OS X Member
I already had the settings as described, but for the new BIOS I had to also enable SyncRuntimePermissions otherwise macOS would not boot anymore.
I had SyncRuntimePermissions enabled as well.

yuning_ok

AMD OS X Member
I had these three sets to be trues, but still can not boot to mac

biller30

AMD OS X Member
Thank you so much for the tip, you save my whole work after update the bios for MSI Gaming Plus x570.

basso

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone I tried booting macOS on my Asus X470-F but it was impossible, I tried every combo of RebuildAppleMemoryMap, SetupVirtualMap, SyncRuntimePermissions and going down in bios version but failed.
In a final attempt before going to the shop and drowning my sorrows in cognac I took a chance and upgraded to Version 5806 Beta / AGESA V2 PI 1.1.8.0
  • RebuildAppleMemoryMap:true
  • SetupVirtualMap:false
  • SyncRuntimePermissions:true

AND IT BOOTED!
I think getting bios up to AGESA V2 PI 1.1.8.0 was the fix.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.