Any tutorial on installing macOS on Legion Slim 7

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
I have newly bought a Legion Slim 7 laptop with 6600s. I have never installed hakintosh on laptop. Is there any tutorial on installing hackintosh on laptop of similar models? How should I set bios settings? And how should I set config.plist? Thank you.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I have newly bought a Legion Slim 7 laptop with 6600s. I have never installed hakintosh on laptop. Is there any tutorial on installing hackintosh on laptop of similar models? How should I set bios settings? And how should I set config.plist? Thank you.
Check

And tell us how it works!

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
Check

And tell us how it works!
How did he set the bios? I haven't seen any post on that?

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Check the AMD Bios settings a the bottom of the Ryzen OC guide.

# AMD Bios Settings

You may not need them all and they may not all be present in your laptop's bios.

I would initially recommend you use the Load Optimised Defaults, then make the necessary changes in your bios, including setting the Graphics priority to Discrete GPU as recommended by @ExtremeXT

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you are not willing to open the laptop and physically replace the card, you may be able to disable the MediaTek WiFi in the bios and use something like the TP-Link T3U Plus USB dongle in macOS.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The Intel AC 9260 card is on the compatibility list for Itlwm.kext & AirportItlwm.kext, so it should work.

From what I can see from looking around, the Lenovo Slim 7 laptop has an M.2 connector for the WiFi/BT card. So the Intel card should work. However if you are going to open up the laptop and replace the MediaTek card, you would be better served replacing it with a macOS compatible/natively supported Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

Lenovo Slim 7 laptop internals.jpg Image of the internals for the Lenovo Slim 7 laptop

M.2 WiFi/BT card highlighted on left hand side below speaker.

Question now is whether this is an A, E, or A+E keyed M.2 connector.

Here is a link to the Broadcom M.2 WiFi/BT cards page from the Wireless Buyers Guide.

Using a Broadcom card should enable all the Apple WiFi/BT services, i.e. Handoff, Continuity, SideCar, AirDrop, AirPlay and Universal Control etc. subject to the other devices also meeting the system requirements for these features.

When using an Intel WiFi/BT card most of these Apple features don't work.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.