AMD Ryzen 7 5800H - Stuck on 12.0 installation menu + no trackpad + no USB

mipms

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone,
Trying to install 12.0 Monterey on my Huawei Matebook 16 (even if i would like to install 13.0 or 14.0) / with AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
I can access to the installation menu, but when I enable/disable USBToolBox.kext or/and UTBMap.kext, it won't boot (not a kernel panic but just freeze)
Also, the trackpad isn't working (HID device) nor USB ports

There is my EFI folder and my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    43.8 KB · Views: 2
  • EFI.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 24

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
@mipms,

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Regarding your issue, there is a distinct possibility that your laptop has the same XHC1 issue as others have noted with this laptop

I think you will have to disable it. You will need to disable the XHC1 controller via the laptop's BIOS page and use the laptop's rear USB ports.

The user here has a similar laptop to yours, except he has a 6600M DGPU (which you must remove references to if you want to use his EFI).

You may also require the NootedRed kext for the Vega 8 IGPU that your laptop with 5800H has. That will require Whatevergreen to also be disabled.

As for the non-responsive trackpad or USB keyboard (which should use the VoodooPS2 drivers), I believe they should work once you have disabled the XHC1 controller.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.