AMD ryzen 5 4600h?

AnantAcharya

AMD OS X Member
Hello Everyone. I also have a laptop with Ryzen 5 4600h and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 TI. and the Vega 6 APU too, I am unable to find all the files and guides needed to install on this specific hardware, Its a very lazy sounding request but if anyone can help, can someone please post a step by step guide on how i install on my machine, it would be a great help if someone can the instructions and the files/or link to the files.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@AnantAcharya There are no guides for the installation of macOS on an AMD laptop with your systems configuration.

Reasons for this are as follows:
  1. AMD Integrated GFX are not supported in macOS, even when a similar discrete version of the card is supported, such as your Vega 6 APU.
  2. The Nvidia GTX 1650 TI is one of the Nvidia Discrete GPU's that have never been supported in macOS. There are no working drivers for this dGPU.
  3. For an AMD laptop to have a chance of running macOS it needs to have a MUX graphics setup, i.e. one were the Integrated GPU (AMD) can be disabled in the bios and all graphics processes can be run through the natively supported AMD/Nvidia discrete GPU.
  4. Most Windows laptops have 'Switchable' graphics where the graphics to be used are automatically selected, depending on the power source and amount of power available. So when on battery the Integrated GPU would be used, when on AC power the higher end discrete GPU (such as your GTX 1650 TI) would be used. As the later requires more power to run the graphics engine.

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Anyone with success on ryzem 5 4000 series laptops ?
I've MSI Bravo 15 with ryzen 5 4600h and Radeon 5500m GPU
GPU is supported...

Spec wise it should. But one problem with that unit is that although the GPU is compatible, it doesn't have a MUX switch. Meaning you can not disable the IGPU. So the RX 5500m has to go though the IGPU then the display. So far very few modern laptops Ryzen have Mux with compatible GPU. The Legion 5 with the 5800h and the 6600m and a Mux and the new Asus G14 with the 6800h and the 6800s(it is indeed a Navi 23 and not navi 22. However I am having problems with it at the moment also:cry::cry:

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.