AMD Rayon R7 6800H Install Ventura kernel Panic

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, I have encountered a kernel panic problem for booting up Ventura installation from U flash. Would kindly anybody give me some help?
Brand: Lenovo
Model: Legion slim 7 Gen 7
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 6800h
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600s ( Separate GPU mode)
HDD: Crucial P3 Plus 1TB PCIe Gen4 3D NAND NVMe M.2 SSD
Network: RealTek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX210 160MHz
Ram: x2 8GB 3200mhz ddr4
Display: 15.6 1080p 165HZ

Attachments

• EFI-3.zip
    20.8 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0382.jpeg
    IMG_0382.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0380.jpeg
    IMG_0380.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 40

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
The previous issue is resolved. But It comes with another KP following of USBMS identifiers non-unique with a forbidden icon(using the attached EFI). Would anyone kindly give some help?

Attachments

• EFI (2).zip
    43.1 MB · Views: 12

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I don't see a kernel panic in the first images? What exactly is the issue?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Sounds like a USB port configuration issue, from the description in post 2.

Forbidden Sign and message about duplicate ports. Usually caused by OS dropping the USB port that is being used by the macOS installer.

Two options to fix this:
  1. Use a different USB port.
  2. Create a custom USBPorts.kext or UTBMap.kext for your laptop.
Either should fix the issue where the OS drops the USB port, after the initial handover from the Bios. But the second option if the better of the two.

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
Sounds like a USB port configuration issue, from the description in post 2.

Forbidden Sign and message about duplicate ports. Usually caused by OS dropping the USB port that is being used by the macOS installer.

Two options to fix this:
  1. Use a different USB port.
  2. Create a custom USBPorts.kext or UTBMap.kext for your laptop.
Either should fix the issue where the OS drops the USB port, after the initial handover from the Bios. But the second option if the better of the two.

With zxc2689963's newly provided EFI, these KP has been resolved. But it comes with another KP following of USBMS identifiers non-unique with a forbidden icon. It may be related to USB controller of Ryzen 7 6000 has compatibility issues. But I have no idea how it could resolve. Would you kindly provide some help? Here is the created custom UTBMap.kext. Thank you

Attachments

• UTBMap.kext.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 1

redhorse1990

AMD OS X Member
I don't see a kernel panic in the first images? What exactly is the issue?

With zxc2689963's newly provided EFI, these KP has been resolved. But it comes with another KP following of USBMS identifiers non-unique with a forbidden icon. It may be related to USB controller of Ryzen 7 6000 has compatibility issues. But I have no idea how it could resolve. Would you kindly provide some help? Thank you

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Is this what your Legion Slim 7 Gen 7 laptop looks like (as in the number and type of USB ports)?

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 20.35.28.png 2 x USB3 ports on the rear & 2 x Type-C ports on the left side

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your UTBMap.kext/Contents/Info.plist contains the following USB ports with these connector types.

XHC0
HS01 - Internal (255)
HS02 - Internal (255)

XHC1
HS01 & HS02 - USB3 (3)
HS03 - Internal (255)
SS01 & SS02 - USB3 (3)

XHC2
HS01 - Internal (255)

Your UTBMap.kext contains no Type-C ports.
It has 4 x Internal ports, which I believe is 2 x too many. As I would only expect the Bluetooth & Webcam to be connected via Internal USB.
There is a chance your laptop has an internal USB Audio codec, but not a huge chance.
There is also a chance your laptop has som USB LED lighting, but again not a huge chance.

Screenshot 2024-05-02 at 20.46.31.png view of UTBMAp.kext/Contents/Info.plist in ProperTree

So looking at your USB configuration I would say only the 4 x USB3 ports under XHC1 are likely to be correct.

Having one or more ports set incorrectly can cause the issues you are facing regarding the Prohibited Sign error.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.