ACPI Exceptions on Gigabyte AX370 MB

Cralix

AMD OS X Member
Hello! I've been trying to install the MacOS for the past three days, and honestly have no idea what else to try. When i try to boot to installer, my system reboots on ACPI Exception. I tried to disable Above 4G Decoding and adding npci=0x3000 (and even 0x2000) to boot args, but still the same thing. I even tried to swap my EC SSDT with prebuilt SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP and builded with SSDTime - still no way to go. As advised i attaching my DSDT (with my EFI folder) because i was told what my motherboard ACPI tables is shitty and there is actually some problems with it. So, what i can even do?

Attachments

• EFI + DSDT.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 3

Cralix

AMD OS X Member

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You have a couple of settings in your config.plist that don't match the OC guide.

You should be using the Fake EC generated with your DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script, along with SSDT-USBX.aml. These are the only ACPI tables you need to add to OpenCore.

You may need RestricEvents.kext to help your system boot.

Try the EFI folder attached below, see if that helps.

Attachments

• EFI-v1.zip
    6 MB · Views: 10

Cralix

AMD OS X Member
You have a couple of settings in your config.plist that don't match the OC guide.

You should be using the Fake EC generated with your DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script, along with SSDT-USBX.aml. These are the only ACPI tables you need to add to OpenCore.

You may need RestricEvents.kext to help your system boot.

Try the EFI folder attached below, see if that helps.
Tried just your EFI folder – error "could not load SSDT" or something like this (this caused by name change in SSDT-EC)
I did OS folder snapshot by ProperTree - after that i can boot up, but now i have a panic. Enabling above 4g decoding (and removing npci=0x3000) – nothing changed, same panic. Tried disabling WhateverGreen kext by advice of discord server member – absolutely same panic. I tried to find info about this panic on guide or discord server FAQ - nothing...

But still thank you, now I have another error - it makes me very happy and gives motivation to suffer further :)

Attachments

• EFI-v1.1.zip
    6 MB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Disabling WhateverGreen.kext might be a solution, as you have a specific issue related to WhateverGreen, as shown in the screen image above and highlighted in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2022-03-29 at 21.52.06.png

You either have an issue with WhateverGreen.kext or you have an IGFX (Intergrated GPU) enabled in your bios. I would look to check you have set the Bios entries correctly for running macOS on an AMD system. As shown in this link - # AMD Bios Settings

Setting the Bios options correctly should allow you to boot macOS with the EFI I provided.

Cralix

AMD OS X Member
Disabling WhateverGreen.kext might be a solution, as you have a specific issue related to WhateverGreen, as shown in the screen image above and highlighted in the screenshot below.

View attachment 5505

You either have an issue with WhateverGreen.kext or you have an IGFX (Intergrated GPU) enabled in your bios. I would look to check you have set the Bios entries correctly for running macOS on an AMD system. As shown in this link - # AMD Bios Settings

Setting the Bios options correctly should allow you to boot macOS with the EFI I provided.
This is a panic with WhateverGreen disabled . As i can see it same - even (memory?) addresses same to panic with whatevergreen enabled.
I would try to check and experiment with my bios settings tomorrow
Thank you for help!

Attachments

• 2336C5BD-984B-48B7-8046-5430191ACD1D.jpeg
    2336C5BD-984B-48B7-8046-5430191ACD1D.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 6

Cralix

AMD OS X Member

View attachment 5505

I'm back to experimenting. After rechecking my bios settings (check picture, maybe i skipped some important setting) and redoing my usb drive again with your EFI folder, i returned to ACPI error. By the way, could this ACPI error be because i using Monterey? Perhaps i should try Big Sur?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Those kernel panics appear to be related to the SSDT-EC.aml I provided. As that is the only SSDT with a STA method.

I have replaced the SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml for a single SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml and updated the config to reflect this change.

See if this EFI works any better.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6 MB · Views: 1

Cralix

AMD OS X Member
Those kernel panics appear to be related to the SSDT-EC.aml I provided. As that is the only SSDT with a STA method.

I have replaced the SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml for a single SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml and updated the config to reflect this change.

See if this EFI works any better.
That fixed my ACPI problem, thanks! But now i came back to same kernel panic on boot. :(

Cralix

AMD OS X Member
I cant actually describe in English how happy i am, but i was able to boot in installer. I read the troubleshooting guide again, and found info about this panic. Looks like my motherboard (GA-AX370-Gaming 5, for peoples with same motherboard as mine and who will search info around the forum) lacks MAT's support, and requires
  • EnableWriteUnprotector -> True
  • RebuildAppleMemoryMap -> False
  • SyncRuntimePermissions -> False
After i changed it - i was able to boot to installer. Now i need to understand why my USB devices doesnt work, but i think i will fix it soon and let you know what i did.
Edhawk, you are awesome! Thank you a lot for your work. You made my day!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Good to hear you are up and running and the EFI folder worked.

As highlighted in the screenshot below there is a CR2 fault shown, so changing those settings was my next option. I am glad you were able to find and fix the issue yourself.

Screenshot 2022-04-02 at 16.36.23.png CR2 Fault highlighted

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.