Acer Swift 3. (SF314-42, AMD Ryzen 4500U) Big Sur / Monterey Test

BCBoy1

AMD OS X Member
Hello!

I have an Acer Swift 3. (SF314-42, AMD Ryzen 4500U)
I thought I'd give Nootedred a try.
But loading only takes so far.
What could be the problem?
Error and Config file attached!
Acer.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• opencore-2023-05-30-171450.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5
  • Config.plist
    54.5 KB · Views: 4

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
38 x kexts in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder seems excessive!

Some of the kexts in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder are messed up. You appear to have a copy of Lilu.kext and IntelMausi.kext copied in to the AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext, as shown in the screenshot from your config below.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 18.45.27.png Kexts lodged within other kext!

Your Acer laptop doesn't have an Ethernet port, so you don't need IntelMausi.kext.
You already have Lilu.kext added to the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder on its own.
These two kexts within the AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext need to be deleted.

Do you have a Broadcom or Intel WiFi/BT card installed in your laptop? You have kexts for a Broadcom WiFi/BT card in your config.plist? I would have thought that Acer would use an Intel card. Did you swap out the original card for a compatible Broadcom WiFi/BT card?

Not sure you need or that your system will use RestrictEvents.kext. Using FeatureUnlock.kext is understandable but not so RestrictEvents.kext.

Did you generate the UTBMap.kext for your laptop in Windows?

Where did you get the SSDT's in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder? Did you generate them yourself in Windows using Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script? If not that might be a good thing to do so you know the SSDT's in your setup are configured correctly for you laptop.

Posting a copy of your Whole OpenCore EFI might be more helpful, along with a copy of the laptop's DSDT.aml, so we can help you hack this system.

BCBoy1

AMD OS X Member
38 x kexts in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder seems excessive!

Some of the kexts in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder are messed up. You appear to have a copy of Lilu.kext and IntelMausi.kext copied in to the AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext, as shown in the screenshot from your config below.

View attachment 10778 Kexts lodged within other kext!

Your Acer laptop doesn't have an Ethernet port, so you don't need IntelMausi.kext.
You already have Lilu.kext added to the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder on its own.
These two kexts within the AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext need to be deleted.

Do you have a Broadcom or Intel WiFi/BT card installed in your laptop? You have kexts for a Broadcom WiFi/BT card in your config.plist? I would have thought that Acer would use an Intel card. Did you swap out the original card for a compatible Broadcom WiFi/BT card?

Not sure you need or that your system will use RestrictEvents.kext. Using FeatureUnlock.kext is understandable but not so RestrictEvents.kext.

Did you generate the UTBMap.kext for your laptop in Windows?

Where did you get the SSDT's in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder? Did you generate them yourself in Windows using Corpnewt's SSDTTime python script? If not that might be a good thing to do so you know the SSDT's in your setup are configured correctly for you laptop.

Posting a copy of your Whole OpenCore EFI might be more helpful, along with a copy of the laptop's DSDT.aml, so we can help you hack this system.
Thanks for the help!

I didn't notice that I accidentally dragged other files into one file.
I deleted them.
I don't deal with Internet settings yet.
I want to go through the installation first.
I don't deal with Internet settings yet.
I created the UTBMAP.kext under Windows, but it may not work well.
Because now the USB XHC, XH1 stops with the error.

I attached the EFI.

Attachments

• tempImageuEgwWK.png
    tempImageuEgwWK.png
    14.8 MB · Views: 24
  • EFI.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 7

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you clean up your EFI, i.e. remove the USBMap.kext and any WiFi/BT/Ethernet kexts, you might have a better chance of getting to the installation Wizard.

I will have a look at your EFI.

Any chance you can attach a copy of your DSDT.aml. It is the only way to tell if your current SSDT's are going to work with your system.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Did you create the AGPMInjector.kext in your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder, or did copy it from a Github repository for a different system/Hack?
Does your AMD IGPU match the device name for any of the devices contained in the AGPMInjector.kext/Contents/info.plist shown below? Highlighted in Red rectangles.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 21.43.35.png SMBIOS MacBookPro16,3 section in AGPMInjector.kext/Contents/info.plist

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Regarding your UTBMap.kext.

This kext activates 6 x USB ports. Unfortunately the ports being activated don't match with the ports available on the laptop.

Your Acer Laptop has the following USB ports:
  • 1 x USB3 (blue tang) on left hand side, this will provide 2 x USB ports (1 x USB3 physical port and 1 x USB2 virtual port) both should be set with connector type USB3 (3).
  • 1 x Type-C port also on the left hand side. This will also provide a maximum of 2 x USB ports ( 1 x Physical Type-C and 1 x USB2 Type-C virtual port).
    • Setting the connector type for the Type-C port(s) will depend on how it behaves when the following actions are undertaken:
      • If you insert a Type-C USB device, check which port is highlighted.
      • Then remove the Type-C device.
      • Flip the Type-C USB 180° and reinsert the device.
    • If the same port is highlighted then this is a Type-c+switch port and should be set with connector type (9).
    • If a different port is highlighted, then this is a Type-c without switch and should be set with connector type (10).
  • 1 x USB2 (Black tang) on the right hand side. This will provide a single USB2 port, which should be set with connector type USB2 (0). It is the only port that should be set with connector type (0) on your system.
  • Your Bluetooth module will have an internal USB2 connector, this should be set with connector Type (255).
  • Your webcam module will have an internal USB2 connector, this should be set with connector type (255).
So between the 3 x physical ports and 2 x Internal ports your laptop would have between 7 and 9 USB ports. This all depends on the Type-C port having a switch or not.

Given the above, your laptop UTBMap.kext is nowhere near correct. Hence the recommendation to remove it from your setup until you correct the kext.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Looking at the way you have the VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooPS2Controller.kexts configured I don't think your trackpad will work in macOS, or at the Installation wizard.

VoodooPS2Controller/Contents/Plugins folder only contains - VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext. It usually contains VoodooPS2Mouse.kext and VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext. Did you remove these two kexts from the plugins folder?

When you are booting Windows, can you open Device Manager, navigate to the Mouse/Trackpad device and see if it uses a Synaptic, Elan or other Trackpad driver. As you may need to add an additional kext from VoodooI2C GitHub repository to get the trackpad to work.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Do you need to include AMDRadeonX6000Framebuffer.kext in your OC/Kexts folder if you are booting Big Sur?
Doesn't Big Sur already contain this kext?

I thought the AMD Framebuffer kext was required for NootedRed to work in Monterey, where the kext has been removed or revised in such a way as to prevent NootedRed from working.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
According to the User manual for your system it uses a 'Precision TouchPad'. Not sure what this means in respect of getting it to work in macOS.

VooddoI2C contains 4 x Trackpad/Touchpad drivers, as shown below.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 22.39.47.png 4 x TouchPad kexts.

I am hoping that the FTE kext will work with your Precision touchpad.

On another note.
The MacBookPro 16,3 doesn't have an Ethernet port. Same as your Acer laptop. It expects to find WiFi/BT modules in play and if an Ethernet cable is connected, that it be connected through one of the Thunderbolt (Type-C) ports.

Using NullEthernet.kext tricks the system into thinking there is an Ethernet port available. I don't think you need to use this kext, as you want the WiFi device to be set as 'en0' BSD Device name, not a fake Ethernet port.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
While in Windows, can you also have a look at the Realtek Audio device. You need to confirm which Codec is used in your laptop, so the correct layout-id is used in your config.plist.

You currently have alcid=1 boot argument in your config. This will not be correct for a laptop, layout ID 1, 2, 3, 5 & 7 are most commonly used by desktop systems. Laptops tend to use layout ID's 11, 13 and higher.

Knowing the codec designation will help in clarifying which ID to use.

I would recommend testing with alcid=11 first.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I have cleaned up and revised your EFI, as best I can without being able to inspect your system DSDT.aml.

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 23.00.32.png Revised EFI folder contents.

Try this folder in place of your current one and see what occurs.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.7 MB · Views: 18

BCBoy1

AMD OS X Member
I have cleaned up and revised your EFI, as best I can without being able to inspect your system DSDT.aml.

View attachment 10783 Revised EFI folder contents.

Try this folder in place of your current one and see what occurs.
Edhawk, Thanks for all the info!
I use it and test it.

BCBoy1

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

unfortunately I can't go any further at the moment.
that's why I'm attaching the dsdt in case it helps
Currently loading up to this point:
Used EFI attached:
Under Windows, Elan writes a driver.
AGPM 1636

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 1
  • tempImageQZU6AE.png
    tempImageQZU6AE.png
    13.8 MB · Views: 20
  • EFI.zip
    12 MB · Views: 13
  • Képernyőfotó 2023-06-02 - 18.36.20.png
    Képernyőfotó 2023-06-02 - 18.36.20.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 20

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
NVME kext error shown in the screen image above. May have to remove the NVMeFix.kext from your OC setup to see if the error is removed from the boot process.

I will check your DSDT.aml for the relevant devices regarding your set of SSDT's.

BCBoy1

AMD OS X Member
NVME kext error shown in the screen image above. May have to remove the NVMeFix.kext from your OC setup to see if the error is removed from the boot process.
start.png
I will check your DSDT.aml for the relevant devices regarding your set of SSDT's.
if i disable nvmefix.kext

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your DSDT.aml doesn't contain a number of devices, which are essential for the SSDT's listed in your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder to work:
  • SSDT-PMC.aml not required as no PMCR device present in the DSDT.aml.
  • SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml required but needs to use C000 as the starting Processor thread, not CP00.
  • SSDT-PNLF.aml required, but I think it needs a different device name/ACPI path, which Corpnewt's SSDTTime can't provide for an AMD system.
    • Using the Custom option in SSDTTime (99) for the PNLF SSDT to be generated is a pure guess, which I think is wildly off the mark.
    • You may be better off not using this SSDT, as it is likely to cause more issues than it solves.
    • Your Display is named /_SB.GP17.VGA in your DSDT.aml.
Based on the above and having used your DSDT.aml along with Corpnewt's SSDTTime script I have generated a number of SSDT's for your OC EFI. You won't want to be using all of them, as you don't need them all.

The Results folder generated by Corpnewt's SSDTTime script and your system DSDT.aml is attached below, for you to use as you wish.

You seem to have reverted to your original EFI, can I ask why?

Attachments

• Results.zip
    11.1 KB · Views: 15

BCBoy1

AMD OS X Member
There is a step forward in the installation.
Although it is interesting that I have to insert the USB disk from one port to another.
But I got to the installer. I just don't have a drive.
The keyboard works but the toucpad doesn't.
Question is the nvme driver can be activated?

Attachments

• Installer.jpg
    Installer.jpg
    573 KB · Views: 11

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Good to see you are getting to the installation wizard.

Before trying to install macOS Monterey did you open the Disk Utility tool and format your NVMe drive, APFS + GUID/GPT partition so it is recognised by the installer?

Which NVME drive are you using?

Some NVMe drives don't work in macOS, or can be problematic when they do display in the installer. This is a reasonably common issue on AMD laptops, where the NVMe M.2 drive provided with the laptop has to be replaced before macOS will install.

Western Digital/SanDisk drives tend to work best.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The reason you have to swap the USB installation drive from one USB port to another is as follows:
  1. The Bios boots the system with all the USB ports active, so your installation drive is found and booted.
  2. When the Bios hands over control of the system to the OS installer, some USB ports may not be activated by the OS.
  3. This is common when a UTBMap.kext or USBMap.kext isn't present.
  4. You may need to undertake this port swap process each time you boot the laptop, during the installation of macOS and when macOS is installed,
  5. Until you have copied the OC EFI folder to the EFI partition on your macOS drive containing Monterey.
  6. The OpenCore UEFI partition on your macOS drive will then need to be set as the primary/priority boot drive in the bios.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.