6650XT No hardware acceleration

b550m6650Xt5800x

AMD OS X Member
I have injected device ID and model and spoofed GPU model with an aml file added to my ACPI folder :/ I also have adgpmod=pikera added to my boot arguments. Brand new build and I was able to get monterey installed just don't have hardware acceleration. Any tips appreciated. EFI folder attached. I had this GPU working fine with Sonoma on my i7 hackintosh before doing this ryzen build. Not sure what I am missing.

b550m6650Xt5800x

AMD OS X Member
Thought i resolved with NootRX.kext. Graphics shows up as 8gb now in about this mac but i get the colorful spinning loading wheel quite often. Has hardware acceleration but tends to have long load times and freezes up for a few seconds when i go to type something/move the mouse

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
What does VideoProc tells you..?

Open it (dismiss whatever popups if throws at you), go to Setting (bottom right corner) then check Hardware accelerate engine and tap Options button next to it.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 10.14.34.png

It will run a series of tests and then check whatever it found as working. This is on my build, where everything is available.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 10.13.39.png

b550m6650Xt5800x

AMD OS X Member
What does VideoProc tells you..?

Open it (dismiss whatever popups if throws at you), go to Setting (bottom right corner) then check Hardware accelerate engine and tap Options button next to it.

View attachment 12598

It will run a series of tests and then check whatever it found as working. This is on my build, where everything is available.

View attachment 12599
I will post back tmw when I have the chance to sit at it. Thank you my friend

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.