3950X, Aorus X570 Xtreme, Catalina 10.15.5 Success installation... but no wifi and bluetooth after change wifi card to BCM94360NG

wickedapp

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

I followed the guide from Technolli (http://technolli.com) and took the EFI from the old forum: https://amd-osx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10284&start=20 to install Catalina 10.15.5. Installation was smooth and I'm able to boot into MacOS with ethernet working.

Now I've changed the wifi card to BCM94360NG (which work out of the box in my another hackintosh), I couldn't find a way to enable wifi and bluetooth.
Though I can see the wifi connection and I'm able to connect the the wifi, but the connection just don't work.
It shows a message "Wi-Fi has the self-assigned IP address 169.254.66.160 and will not be able to connect to the internet. "
Bluetooth is not able to turn on by any mean.

The author did mentioned that he disabled Wifi and Bluetooth for his build.
I've tried to delete the NO BT in the ACPI folder, and deleted all wifi related kexts but no luck.

This is my rig
AMD 3950X
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Xtreme
Wifi card BCM94360NG

And I attach the kexts and ACPI screenshots here also. Appreciate if you could point me to the right direction to solve this issue...

Thanks
- Wick

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 12.23.58 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 12.27.53 AM.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 12.23.58 AM.png
    Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 12.23.58 AM.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 3

wild_eep

AMD OS X Member
I also have the BCM94360NG. The wifi card has a connector which normally plugs into an internal USB2 header for bluetooth connectivity. But since I can't get USB2 working on my Asrock hackintosh, I had to make a custom cable adapter to connect the wifi card's usb cable to an external USB3 port. So now my bluetooth works fine. The BCM94360NG connects to my wifi network just fine.

Kylex89

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

I followed the guide from Technolli (http://technolli.com) and took the EFI from the old forum: https://amd-osx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10284&start=20 to install Catalina 10.15.5. Installation was smooth and I'm able to boot into MacOS with ethernet working.

Now I've changed the wifi card to BCM94360NG (which work out of the box in my another hackintosh), I couldn't find a way to enable wifi and bluetooth.
Though I can see the wifi connection and I'm able to connect the the wifi, but the connection just don't work.
It shows a message "Wi-Fi has the self-assigned IP address 169.254.66.160 and will not be able to connect to the internet. "
Bluetooth is not able to turn on by any mean.

The author did mentioned that he disabled Wifi and Bluetooth for his build.
I've tried to delete the NO BT in the ACPI folder, and deleted all wifi related kexts but no luck.

This is my rig
AMD 3950X
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Xtreme
Wifi card BCM94360NG

And I attach the kexts and ACPI screenshots here also. Appreciate if you could point me to the right direction to solve this issue...

Thanks
- Wick

View attachment 598
View attachment 599

You may have already tried this, but I guess it won't hurt for me to say it just in case. In order for me to get Wifi/BT working after I installed my card, I had to go into my motherboard's bios and disable the on-board wifi and bluetooth. Once I did that, it worked flawlessly.

I googled your motherboard, and it does seem to have on-board wifi and bluetooth, so if you haven't tried what I mentioned above, it might fix your issue.

-Kyle

wickedapp

AMD OS X Member
You may have already tried this, but I guess it won't hurt for me to say it just in case. In order for me to get Wifi/BT working after I installed my card, I had to go into my motherboard's bios and disable the on-board wifi and bluetooth. Once I did that, it worked flawlessly.

I googled your motherboard, and it does seem to have on-board wifi and bluetooth, so if you haven't tried what I mentioned above, it might fix your issue.

-Kyle

Thanks for you reply! Sorry I didn't make it clear that I replaced the wifi card on my motherboard. Hence now BCM94360NG is my "onboard" wifi card ;)
I'm able to connect to my wifi, but the connection just not making through.

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 1.33.52 AM.png

wickedapp

AMD OS X Member
I also have the BCM94360NG. The wifi card has a connector which normally plugs into an internal USB2 header for bluetooth connectivity. But since I can't get USB2 working on my Asrock hackintosh, I had to make a custom cable adapter to connect the wifi card's usb cable to an external USB3 port. So now my bluetooth works fine. The BCM94360NG connects to my wifi network just fine.

Hi mate, sorry I didn't make it clear that I replaced the onboard wifi card with BCM94360NG.
I'm able to see all the wifi connections, but when I connect to them, though the connection is successful, (pass the password authentication), but there is no internet.

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 1.33.52 AM.png

iamso78

AMD OS X Member
Original author had internal wifi/bt disabled with USB map acpi and kexts, since gigabyte bios does not have option to disable it. U probably made an error when copying and modifying his USB map.

Doesn’t hurt to debug the problem, I guessing the problem is most likely the USB map is disabling Bluetooth, disable all USB map ACPI and kexts, FIY that mean both XHC0 and XHC1 aml and USB map kext, BCM94360NG should work natively. Resetting CMOS is also a good idea when inserting new/replacing components.

Deleting ax200 windows wifi drivers also a good idea, had a problem when replacing with dw1560 in past experience.

Last edited:

wickedapp

AMD OS X Member
Original author had internal wifi/bt disabled with USB map acpi and kexts, since gigabyte bios does not have option to disable it. U probably made an error when copying and modifying his USB map.

Doesn’t hurt to debug the problem, I guessing the problem is most likely the USB map is disabling Bluetooth, disable all USB map ACPI and kexts, FIY that mean both XHC0 and XHC1 aml and USB map kext, BCM94360NG should work natively. Resetting CMOS is also a good idea when inserting new/replacing components.

Deleting ax200 windows wifi drivers also a good idea, had a problem when replacing with dw1560 in past experience.

Thanks for the "Delete" and "Reset" hint!
What I did was delete all known networks, reboot, and DONE!

It's now working great!

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 11.17.09 AM.png

marsb007

AMD OS X Member

If you used my map, delete it. Yes, the map had some things in it and it was internally disabled (not compatible with the new card). Delete all kexts for WiFi (which you seem you did).

Once you delete the USB map it should work.

wickedapp

AMD OS X Member
If you used my map, delete it. Yes, the map had some things in it and it was internally disabled (not compatible with the new card). Delete all kexts for WiFi (which you seem you did).

Once you delete the USB map it should work.

Hi mate! :) Yes I took your map and EFI in the old forum. Didn't realise that you are here too!!
Thank you for the great job! Everything works now after I delete the map and remove all known WIFI (y)

pyzhangyi

AMD OS X Member
Wondering where do you get the USBMap-Gigabyte Xtream.kext, I am using ASUS motherboard and get some troubles, wondering if there existing a similar version kext for ASUS, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.