2 EFI After upgrading to OC 0.8.8

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
Hi All,

Any idea, why I'm getting two EFI option in OC boot menu after upgrading to 0.8.8.
How can I remove 1 extra EFI option now?

opencore088.jpg

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hi All,

Any idea, why I'm getting two EFI option in OC boot menu after upgrading to 0.8.8.

View attachment 9364
Hi, I want to ask you if you could give me your EFI. I have the same motherboard that I do not use but I would like to put it into operation and try. Thank you so much

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I want to ask you if you could give me your EFI. I have the same motherboard that I do not use but I would like to put it into operation and try. Thank you so much
Sure, attaching my EFI. Please update PlatformInfo section in config.plist file as required.

Attachments

• EFI_088_x570.zip
    34.1 MB · Views: 13

Pabo

Donator
Donator
thank you very much

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hi All,

View attachment 9364
After clean installation everything is OK, I have only one option EFI. Thanks for the EFI-tested and it works fine. You use the native wifi/bluetott or fenvi T919? Thx

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
Are both of those disks internal?

Have you tried resetting NVRAM?
I have done dual booting in single Disk.
YES, tried resetting NVRAM, still same issue.

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
After clean installation everything is OK, I have only one option EFI. Thanks for the EFI-tested and it works fine. You use the native wifi/bluetott or fenvi T919? Thx
native wifi/Bluetooth

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
EFI partitions are set differently in OC 0.8.8. This is a change from previous releases. Have a read of this guide over at Tonymacx86

This all relates to ‘contentVisability’.

AMDPUSH

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Try this one. You 'll need to fill Platform info, adjust the boot argument to your graphic card and check >Booter and the ressources to put your custom blue boot screen. Be sure your bios is updated. rebuild the USBMap Kext . reset nvram. make dummy USB key.

Attachments

• EFI AORUS MASTER V1.2 OC88.zip
    26.1 MB · Views: 5

Danish297

AMD OS X Member
Got cause of getting multiple EFI options in my OC Boot menu.

As I have multiple HDD, and NVMe drives. Seem each HDD formatted with GUID FS creates an extra EFI partition.
so when I formatted my HDD with MBR simple partition, my extra EFI was gone.

@Edhawk : Thanks for showing this feature added in OC 0.8.8, Now my OC boot menu look better than B4.

@Others: thanks for taking some time to see my issue.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.