Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

suur13

AMD OS X Member
If that's the case (reason for issues), then bad luck... I have no intention to move away from Crucial. I may add another Nvme drive if I find one (I might have some Adata's somewhere) only for Hackintosh. Do you think having Crucial in the same computer (used only for UEFI partition, but not for Hackintosh), may still create problems ?

I rather wait for fix. Would famous Nvmefix.kext help any ? Well, it did not :(

BTW, I used Samsung drives (970 and 980) for years for Hackintosh, with no issues whatsoever. It looks I have breaked many hackintosh stigmatic "no-no"-s and "rules" in the past without paying for it :) .

Another observation - when I add Fenvi type BCM94360 Wi-fi card, it has serious issues connecting Wi-fi. Sometimes it does, then it does not (mostly not). Sometimes it connects for few seconds only, then starts again. It's all erratic. I know Broadcom cards have their issues of their own, but it lead me thinking that when I have all those problems in the same time and they are not that repeatable, but rather chaotic, maybe I still have something in my Pcie bus or something (it is x1 PCI-e card).

Last edited:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@suur13,

I'm jumping into this a bit late but please try the attached EFI folder. Be sure to copy serial numbers into config.plist -> PlatformInfo -> DataHub prior to use.
  • Does the system boot with this EFI?
  • Does the system remain stable with this EFI?
Because you also have Windows and Linux on this system, what are all of the hardware components installed?
  • Crucial NVMe SSD for macOS
  • Which SSD for Windows?
  • Which SSD for Linux?
  • Which GPUs other than RX580X?
    • Does the RX580X have a switch that toggles it between Silent and Overclock modes?
  • Are you using Corsair iCue?
  • Are you using Corsair Commander?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.6 MB · Views: 15

suur13

AMD OS X Member
Thanks. I will try tomorrow.

All operating systems are in 1 single SSD !

No other GPU's. No overclocking switch. No Corsair stuff at all.

I have also SATA HDD and DVD-RW, but have tried w/o them. No change. Same for Fenvi.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If that's the case (reason for issues), then bad luck... I have no intention to move away from Crucial. I may add another Nvme drive if I find one (I might have some Adata's somewhere) only for Hackintosh. Do you think having Crucial in the same computer (used only for UEFI partition, but not for Hackintosh), may still create problems ?
Might be an issue but could be fine, you would have to test first with a
the new compatible drive with macOS installed. If you still had crashes you could remove the other drives and see if that helped. Not too much fun but that’s what it takes sometimes.
I rather wait for fix. Would famous Nvmefix.kext help any ? Well, it did not :(

BTW, I used Samsung drives (970 and 980) for years for Hackintosh, with no issues whatsoever. It looks I have breaked many hackintosh stigmatic "no-no"-s and "rules" in the past without paying for it :) .

Another observation - when I add Fenvi type BCM94360 Wi-fi card, it has serious issues connecting Wi-fi. Sometimes it does, then it does not (mostly not). Sometimes it connects for few seconds only, then starts again. It's all erratic. I know Broadcom cards have their issues of their own, but it lead me thinking that when I have all those problems in the same time and they are not that repeatable, but rather chaotic, maybe I still have something in my Pcie bus or something (it is x1 PCI-e card).
I too used both the Samsung drives you mention without issue but decided for the longevity of my data to switch to Western Digital to be safe.
As far as the Broadcom card that’s hard to say, it can be interference, antenna placement or even router settings. I’ve had good luck with them up until Sonoma, I’ve changed all my systems back to intel and now have 5 Broadcom cards in drawer….

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@suur13,

I'm jumping into this a bit late but please try the attached EFI folder. Be sure to copy serial numbers into config.plist -> PlatformInfo -> DataHub prior to use.
  • Does the system boot with this EFI?
  • Does the system remain stable with this EFI?
Because you also have Windows and Linux on this system, what are all of the hardware components installed?
  • Crucial NVMe SSD for macOS
  • Which SSD for Windows?
  • Which SSD for Linux?
  • Which GPUs other than RX580X?
    • Does the RX580X have a switch that toggles it between Silent and Overclock modes?
  • Are you using Corsair iCue?
  • Are you using Corsair Commander?
A few post back he answered the macOS drive is installed on a Crucial T700 which is a Gen 5 SSD and has proven to be problematic and cause crashing. There are several posts over at Tony's place about it, it's still early days for these newer drives but the limited input so far has not been good. He never answered what other drives he's utilized but he may be more forthcoming with you.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Oh, I didn’t realize that was a Gen 5 drive. Gen 5 drives are not compatible/reliable with macOS.

suur13

AMD OS X Member
Sorry guys, I've told few times (prolly not clearly enough) - I have only one, single Crucial drive. All operating systems on it (on different partitions).

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Sorry guys, I've told few times (prolly not clearly enough) - I have only one, single Crucial drive. All operating systems on it (on different partitions).
That particular drive is most likely incompatible with macOS.

suur13

AMD OS X Member
Yes, got it. If I have time, will try to move MacOS to Adata etc.

OK, booted at first EFI from post #422 - it boots (TBH, after I added missing RestrictEvents.kext :) ) and works so far. I see it is basically my original EFI, with some added boot-args. Can you please elaborate what's done ?

e1000=0 I should not need, because I have no Intel network, correct ?

Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yes, got it. If I have time, will try to move MacOS to Adata etc.

OK, booted at first EFI from post #422 - it boots (TBH, after I added missing RestrictEvents.kext :) ) and works so far. I see it is basically my original EFI, with some added boot-args. Can you please elaborate what's done ?

e1000=0 I should not need, because I have no Intel network, correct ?
Correct, that boot argument is not needed in your system

suur13

AMD OS X Member
OK, thanks, but honeymoon ended after first reboot. 2 quick crashes after that...

I looked also other added boot-args - "wegnoigpu" should also have no effect in my system, due this CPU does not have one (and just in case I have disabled it in BIOS on top :) ) and "revpatch=auto, sbvmm" should have no effect on system stability. So what was different in that EFI anyway ?

I found my old Samsung 980 with Big Sur installation on it (what I ran 2 years stable at X570S MSI mobo), booted it with "your" EFI (but Crucial is still on machine). Again, so far, so good. But that has happened before, that after some tweak machine runs well whole day. And then reality strickes...

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@suur13,
  • OpenCore was upgraded to 0.9.8
  • All kexts were upgraded to latest versions
  • AppleMCEReporterDisabler was added
  • Latest amd-osx kernel patches were applied
Samsung NVMe SSDs are also not properly supported by macOS since Monterey.

The Crucial T700 is still in the system and macOS still sees it, which might be why the crash still happens. A SSDT could be created to hide the T700 from macOS.

Tek-Chief

AMD OS X Member
I’ve been following this thread and also getting some help from @Kubokun for my B650I system. @CaseySJ my system is packed with three Samsung 990 Pro’s. I’ve struggled with OC popping an error after I select the install image. I’ve been getting an “ image load failed - unsupported“ error that presents everytime I try to install. Let me dial back to Monterey and see if its the Samsung NVMe causing the headaches.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I’ve been following this thread and also getting some help from @Kubokun for my B650I system. @CaseySJ my system is packed with three Samsung 990 Pro’s. I’ve struggled with OC popping an error after I select the install image. I’ve been getting an “ image load failed - unsupported“ error that presents everytime I try to install. Let me dial back to Monterey and see if its the Samsung NVMe causing the headaches.
The problem with Samsung SSDs is primarily the lack of support for trim, so the "image load failed" problem could be unrelated. We've seen some DSDT-related problems with Gigabyte AM5 motherboards. Can you post a screenshot of the boot log (press and release CMD-V at OpenCore Boot Picker before starting the install).

unforsaken

AMD OS X Member
It's been a while since I've tried to use/install Ventura on my ASUS X670E-I and after (so many) BIOS updates, I can't seem to get it working/booted (panics at some point) now. Therefore, I can't get to the Installation screen.

The BIOS version is 2413 (at the time of writing this) and even though the DSDT was patched (with the help of @etorix and @Lorys89 ), I applied the RebaseRegions quirk but truly don't have a clear idea if I should load up the whole DSDT.aml or if any other modification is needed. Any help is appreciated.

P.S.: @CaseySJ If possible, can you please update the adaptable EFI for our boards to the latest O.C. you have it working with 😅 on this list?

Tek-Chief

AMD OS X Member
The problem with Samsung SSDs is primarily the lack of support for trim, so the "image load failed" problem could be unrelated. We've seen some DSDT-related problems with Gigabyte AM5 motherboards. Can you post a screenshot of the boot log (press and release CMD-V at OpenCore Boot Picker before starting the install).
CMD-V produced no results. It was a black screen until the loadImage error. I turned on logging to disk. Attached is the logfile generated.

Attachments

• opencore-2024-02-23-081742.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2

Tek-Chief

AMD OS X Member
Here is the EFI I'm using just in case you want to look at it.

Attachments

• EFI - Copy.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 11

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
It's been a while since I've tried to use/install Ventura on my ASUS X670E-I and after (so many) BIOS updates, I can't seem to get it working/booted (panics at some point) now. Therefore, I can't get to the Installation screen.

The BIOS version is 2413 (at the time of writing this) and even though the DSDT was patched (with the help of @etorix and @Lorys89 ), I applied the RebaseRegions quirk but truly don't have a clear idea if I should load up the whole DSDT.aml or if any other modification is needed. Any help is appreciated.

P.S.: @CaseySJ If possible, can you please update the adaptable EFI for our boards to the latest O.C. you have it working with 😅 on this list?
I may try the new BIOS version and patched DSDT soon.

Are you completely dropping the existing DSDT and applying the patched one? We do need to drop the existing one completely.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Here is the EFI I'm using just in case you want to look at it.
Are you able to get to the OpenCore Boot Picker, or do you see an OpenCore "Load Image Failed" message on screen before the boot picker even opens?

Also, does the error say Load Image Failed or Start Image Failed?

Feel free to try attached config.plist after copying serial numbers into PlatformInfo -> DataHub.

Attachments

• config.plist
    61.8 KB · Views: 2

Tek-Chief

AMD OS X Member
Yes, I can get to the picker. It is after I select the dmg the error message occurs. The error message is "OCB: LoadImage Failed - Unspported".

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.