Monterey on AMD FX-6300 hackintosh: 2 issues

jsl2020

1. Unable to update to Monterey 12.1 betax from 12.0: It's Macintosh HD always got reboot loop. The only solution is got updated Macintosh HD from other hackintoshs, then it can reboot 3 times successfully to newer version.
[Solved] Please see my post later dated on 2021-11-22.
2. In OpenCore 0.7.3 to 0.7.5 if ProvideCurrentCpuInfo Quirk was enabled it always got KP with red screen. Any fix or solution ? I must apply many extra old kernel patches to boot successfully now.

Attachments

• config.plist
    76.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Is the red screen the X64 Exception error? This must be fixed within OC but I can't see it happening. Same issue AMD had with Clover in the early days.

jsl2020

Is the red screen the X64 Exception error? This must be fixed within OC but I can't see it happening. Same issue AMD had with Clover in the early days.
Yes, the red screen panic is the X64 Exception error. It only occurs ProvideCurrentCpuInfo Quirk was enabled on my FX-6300 hackintosh (legacy boot).
Are there any other AMD CPU users suffered from the same issue with OpenCore ?
At present I can tolerate it because I can use old kernel patches for both Clover 5142 and OpenCore 0.7.5, but the first issue bothered me a lot.
I need got updated Macintosh HD from Z490, Z370, or Ryzen 1700X hackintoshs to complete the update process, otherwise I always got reboot loop on FX-6300.
Do you have any idea or solution to fix it ?

jsl2020

The patches are updated and maintained for Clover by the macOS86.it team over on our GitHub Clover branch, https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla/tree/clover
Thanks.
Without enabled ProvideCurrentCpuInfo quirk I must use older complicated kernel patches in both Clover & OC now.
So I hope this issue can be solved and it maybe also related to the first issue too.

[Solved on 2021-11-22]
The first issue was solved by the following method: (1) OpenCore 0.7.5 (2) SMBIOS=MacPro7,1
(3) SecureBootMode=j160 To get updated Macintosh HD at first
(4) SecureBootMode=Disabled To reboot for 3 times and complete update process without reboot loop now !
I don't know why using the similar method of HWTarget in Clover 5142 did not work for me.

Attachments

• config.plist
    39.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Top Bottom