Can't Stop popping and crackling via USB Audio Interface

Shane Jacob

AMD OS X Member
Hey I just recently installed AMDHSv5 on my computer.... Everything works perfectly fine except for the audio. The problem is that my on-board Realtek sound card does not work so I use Behringer UCM-22 for audio via USB. But the audio just wouldn't stop crackling and stopping.

Things I've tried-

Setting busratio and Bus speed and frequency in Clover
Removing GenericUSBXHCI kext
Installed voodooHDA but in the settings my USB audio doesn't show
Changed sample rates in MIDI Setup

Please if anyone has been able to solve this issue help me.... If my audio works then I have a perfect working High Sierra

Specs -
MB - GA-AB350-Gaming 3
CPU - Ryzen 5 1400
Graphics - GTX 1050Ti
RAM - 16 GB DDR4

Last edited:

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Does your bios have an option to set it to use Gen 3 pcie only? You board doesn't have 4, but I had to set mine to three (from 4/Auto) to get audio weirdness to go away.

Shane Jacob

AMD OS X Member
Does your bios have an option to set it to use Gen 3 pcie only? You board doesn't have 4, but I had to set mine to three (from 4/Auto) to get audio weirdness to go away.
Hey thanks for the reply.. I'll give it a try and look in my BIOS and update

Shane Jacob

AMD OS X Member

Hey I didn't have Gen 4 but I had Gen 3 so I switched to that... Still nothing...

Attachments

• 1601345490645.jpg
    1601345490645.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 7

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Damn. It was worth a shot though. I also run audio externally (Focusrite Scarlett Solo) but I don't use VoodooHDA, never had to. Have you tried different usb ports?

Shane Jacob

AMD OS X Member
Damn. It was worth a shot though. I also run audio externally (Focusrite Scarlett Solo) but I don't use VoodooHDA, never had to. Have you tried different usb ports?

I think all my ports are USB 3.0 or 3.1. When I restart the computer, It works fine for about half a minute then starts crackling. And If I unplug and plug back the USB audio interface it becomes fine for another half a minute but again goes back to crackling. Also tried USB DAC audio port

Shane Jacob

AMD OS X Member
Okay I have an Update - I tried in all the ports one by one, worked in one of them. No stutters now. Will test out more with Logic Pro and other softwares and update soon... Able to access good audio now.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That's good to hear! You may want to try and map your usb ports if you haven't already. It's a one time Hassle (with a capital H) but could then rule out some kind of misinterpretation by macOS of the ports your motherboard has. Technolli has a guide for Intel Hackintoshes, you can skip the injectallusb step since that won't work on Ryzen boards.

coleronnel

AMD OS X Member
Hey I just recently installed AMDHSv5 on my computer.... Everything works perfectly fine except for the audio. The problem is that my on-board Realtek sound card does not work so I use Behringer UCM-22 for audio via USB. But the audio just wouldn't stop crackling and stopping.

Things I've tried-

Setting busratio and Bus speed and frequency in Clover
Removing GenericUSBXHCI kext
Installed voodooHDA but in the settings my USB audio doesn't show
Changed sample rates in MIDI Setup

Please if anyone has been able to solve this issue help me.... If my audio works then I have a perfect working High Sierra

Specs -
MB - GA-AB350-Gaming 3
CPU - Ryzen 5 1400
Graphics - GTX 1050Ti
RAM - 16 GB DDR4
bro where did you get the AMDHSv5?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.