AudioGod's ASUS ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING - Big Sur & Monterey Beta - OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
@AudioGod Thank you for your great work! I created the USB installer based on your EFI, enable verbose mode just in case, when it finished loading verbose , I got the black screen and system restart after a few mins. I did change my CPU Core count and fill in the platform ID
Is there any chance you can figure out what happen, EFI attached? Thank you so much for your time.
System config:
Same motherboard as you do
5950X
XFX 6900 XT
NVME: 4TB Rocket 4 + 1TB SK Hynix Gold

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 2

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@AudioGod Thank you for your great work! I created the USB installer based on your EFI, enable verbose mode just in case, when it finished loading verbose , I got the black screen and system restart after a few mins. I did change my CPU Core count and fill in the platform ID
Is there any chance you can figure out what happen, EFI attached? Thank you so much for your time.
System config:
Same motherboard as you do
5950X
XFX 6900 XT
NVME: 4TB Rocket 4 + 1TB SK Hynix Gold
I think you need to add the NVMeFix.kext to the kext folder and config if you are using the Rocket.
Il double check your config for you in the morning as I’m about to goto sleep now. :)

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
I think you need to add the NVMeFix.kext to the kext folder and config if you are using the Rocket.
Il double check your config for you in the morning as I’m about to goto sleep now. :)

Thank you. I'm able to get pass the 1st boot to the installer using the attached junky EFI. Then I'm able to boot just fine using your EFI. I think it would be great to include so you can look into it to help other people in the future.
I'm using a pair of LG 27GN950 that has DP DSC, I can't seem to get the DSC to work so I'm stuck in 60hz at 4K, is it Big Sur issue? I was able to get DSC with my M1 on Big Sur, so it must be something not right with my config.

Edit:
I ran a few benchmarks

Attachments

• Temporary EFI.zip
    25.8 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
@Cut The Grass Thanks for the suggestion but as I don’t use the NVMeFix kext myself I have no intention of including it in my EFI as standard.

Last edited:

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
@Cut The Grass Thanks for the suggestion but as I don’t use the NVMeFix kext myself I have no intention of including it in my EFI as standard.
Do you have any idea about the DSC on the display port?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Do you have any idea about the DSC on the display port?
Your talking about Display Stream Compression, What about it?
what’s the problem exactly?

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
Your talking about Display Stream Compression, What about it?
what’s the problem exactly

my XFX 6900xt can’t output 4k 144hz , I’m stuck on 4k 60hz.
Do I need to do anything to enable DSC ?

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
my XFX 6900xt can’t output 4k 144hz , I’m stuck on 4k 60hz.
Do I need to do anything to enable DSC ?
My RX 6800 outputs 144hz no problem. Have you tried a different DP cable?

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
My RX 6800 outputs 144hz no problem. Have you tried a different DP cable?
I’ve been using the same cable and it works in windows 10 before.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I’ve been using the same cable and it works in windows 10 before.
Should work with nothing doing in that case unless your monitor isn't liked by MacOS.
There might well be a workaround but not that I am aware of it I’m afraid.

Heres a thought, If you are not using a HDMI cable then you can try disabling WhateverGreen as I find BigNavi GPUs run better without it but at the cost of the hdmi out. That might kick the res you are after Into gear.

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
Should work with nothing doing in that case unless your monitor isn't liked by MacOS.
There might well be a workaround but not that I am aware of it I’m afraid.

Heres a thought, If you are not using a HDMI cable then you can try disabling WhateverGreen as I find BigNavi GPUs run better without it but at the cost of the hdmi out. That might kick the res you are after Into gear.

running real macs M1, I get full 4k 144hz. so, it must be something with my config. I’ll try disabling whatevergreen with -wegoff and see how it works

Last edited:

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
running real macs M1, I get full 4k 144hz. so, it must be something with my config. I’ll try disabling whatevergreen with -wegoff and see how it works
You can just disable the kext in the kernel so it doesn’t load at all.
And use your USB installer to test EFIs with so if it all goes wrong you can boot back in using the main EFI

Cut The Grass

AMD OS X Member
You can just disable the kext in the kernel so it doesn’t load at all.
And use your USB installer to test EFIs with so if it all goes wrong you can boot back in using the main EFI
Still the same with WhateverGreen disabled in the kernel.
The OS sees the 4K screen as 5K:

Anyway, I got everything to the point that it's functional and can work along side my real M1 Macs for those pesky Adobe application which do not seem to play well with M1 at all despite their claim. I wouldn't be able to do that without your dedication @AudioGod. Much appreciate and god bless your kind heart

Last edited:

raffan

AMD OS X Member
Hi. recently bought an asus x570egaming and wanted to install the mac os. When I select in the bios boot: -- uefi windows,
an inscription appears:

The system found unauthorized changes on the firmware, operating system or UEFI drivers. Press [OK] to run the next boot device, or enter directly to BIOS Setup if there are no other boot devices installed.

When I choose in the boot:
- any system,
the computer sees the install USB flash drive, but then a crossed circle appears. What am I doing wrong. Thanks

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi. recently bought an asus x570egaming and wanted to install the mac os. When I select in the bios boot: -- uefi windows,
an inscription appears:

The system found unauthorized changes on the firmware, operating system or UEFI drivers. Press [OK] to run the next boot device, or enter directly to BIOS Setup if there are no other boot devices installed.

When I choose in the boot:
- any system,
the computer sees the install USB flash drive, but then a crossed circle appears. What am I doing wrong. Thanks
What happened there is you missed or haven’t dialed in all the correct bios settings.
Try again missing none of these settings and it will work.
In your case it’s specifically the last Setting in the list.

BIOS Settings
  • Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup
  • Exit -> Load Optimised Defaults
  • Ai Tweaker -> Ai Overclock Tuner -> D.O.C.P.
  • Advanced -> APM Configuration -> Power On By PCIe -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled
  • Advanced -> PCI Subsystem Settings -> Re-Size BAR Support -> Disabled
  • Advanced -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto or Disabled
  • Boot -> Boot Configuration -> Fast boot -> Disabled
  • Boot -> CSM -> Launch CSM -> Disabled
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> OS Type -> Windows UEFI mode
  • Boot -> Secure boot -> Key Management -> Clear Secure Boot Keys *

raffan

AMD OS X Member
I wanted to install mojave but it didn't work. big sur installed normally

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
I wanted to install mojave but it didn't work. big sur installed normally
My EFI will only work with Catalina or newer. to make it compatible with anything older it needs to be converted.
I have already done it and posted it on this thread. I will find it for you now.

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

raffan

AMD OS X Member
on big sur, immediately after starting the system, a warning about the start ssd disk pops up:

the disk you attached was not readable by this comp

I press any button and it disappears. everything works fine

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.