John's Asus X570 I Gaming EFI (Works on MOST Asus X570 & B550 Motherboards)

jarley91

AMD OS X Member
There seems to be a lot of different problems that are arising with Hackintosh installation of Ventura. The problems are all over the place, like asking for a password.

When updating to Beta 2 after each restart I was directed to the login screen to enter my password. I had to do it 3 times to complete the install. So maybe you just need to enter you username and password to upgrade. Mine took me to the normal login screen.
Hello, I tried with beta 2, after the installation I get a gray screen and after a while my PC restarts, I used your EFI with OpenCore 8.2.

I'll keep trying to see if I can get past the gray screen.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
You may need to modify the EFI for your GPU.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
There seems to be a lot of different problems that are arising with Hackintosh installation of Ventura. The problems are all over the place, like asking for a password.

When updating to Beta 2 after each restart I was directed to the login screen to enter my password. I had to do it 3 times to complete the install. So maybe you just need to enter you username and password to upgrade. Mine took me to the normal login screen.
Upgrade to Beta 2 I have already been logged in to ID and OK-No Problem

jarley91

AMD OS X Member
You may need to modify the EFI for your GPU.
Hello, yes, in the end I had to add the data that is in the OpenCore image with a red frame, from what I could see what is missing is ethernet and the internal sound, but it is a good start and it will surely improve until the stable version is released .

Thank you for your excellent contribution, good job.

1656602941576.png
1656602972555.png

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Hello, yes, in the end I had to add the data that is in the OpenCore image with a red frame, from what I could see what is missing is ethernet and the internal sound, but it is a good start and it will surely improve until the stable version is released .

Thank you for your excellent contribution, good job.

View attachment 6423
View attachment 6424
What motherboard are you using?

jarley91

AMD OS X Member

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.8.2 - July 5th, 2022

Confirmed: MacOS Ventura (Beta 1 & 2) and Monterey.

The EFI contains the latest Release Kext updates and tweaks for the final release of 0.8.2.

Screenshot 2022-06-28 at 11.23.44 AM.png

Updating/Installing Nuances:
  • Upgrading from Monterey to Ventura has been plagued by nuances.
  • I recommend making a back of your OS with Time Machine and trying to upgrade.
  • If upgrading does not work properly try a clean install and restore.
  • Link - MacOS Ventura 13.0 Beta 1 Installer
  • Make your new volume/partition is formatted to APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive/partition was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

Required BIOS and EFI Setting:
  1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings
  3. NVRAM Reset

The Release versions of 0.8.2 fixes several broken items in the the Pre-Release:
  • AvoidRuntimeDefrag
  • DummyPowerManagement

Other Asus X570 & B550 motherboards may need to add the 2.5 Ethernet Kext. Not able to test on Asus X570 I Gaming.

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.8.2 (X570 I Gaming).zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 79

italeffect

AMD OS X Member
Is there any ethernet kext working under Monterey 12.3 /12.4 or Ventura? I have a Asus Crosshair Hero VIII and I can't get anything to work. I don't really want o go back to Big Sur but I guess that might be the only path forward.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Is there any ethernet kext working under Monterey 12.3 /12.4 or Ventura? I have a Asus Crosshair Hero VIII and I can't get anything to work. I don't really want o go back to Big Sur but I guess that might be the only path forward.
Your motherboard only has an Intel I211-AT, 1 1GB which is permanently broken due problems with SmallTree. So like me you do not having a working Ethernet port.

You could try a generic USB/USB-C ethernet adapter. Definitely check to see which ones are Hackintosh compatible.

italeffect

AMD OS X Member
Your motherboard only has an Intel I211-AT, 1 1GB which is permanently broken due problems with SmallTree. So like me you do not having a working Ethernet port.

You could try a generic USB/USB-C ethernet adapter. Definitely check to see which ones are Hackintosh compatible.

Thanks for confirming. It has the 2.5 GB Realtek port too but that also appears to not have a working driver.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for confirming. It has the 2.5 GB Realtek port too but that also appears to not have a working driver.

It should work with the Lucy Kext. I don’t have a 2.5 port. But I believe you have to have the SmallTree Kext. It should be before the Lucy Kext in the config.

Maybe someone else with the 2.5 knows for sure.

jarley91

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I leave you my ethernet configuration, I'm about to test the beta 3 of Ventura, everything is going well, I only have a problem with VirtualBox because of the permissions it needs to load its kext
1657173974013.png
1657173811501.png
1657173826223.png
1657173888567.png

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I believe SmallTree should be above Lucy.

There have been some reported problems with beta 3 today. It sounds OpenCore and a kext will need to be updated for it to work.

jarley91

AMD OS X Member
ok I try with the order you mention, but I didn't have any problem with the current one.

I'm going to start the clean installation of beta 3, I'll report if I have any problems.

For now I can tell you that the upgrade doesn't work, even if you use the full installer.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
I usually do it right when it comes out on a separate drive. Today I was busy and about 2 hours after it was released I saw on Discord that Lilu maybe the source of then problem. It may require a slight change to OpenCore also.

So it and EFI issue. The build repo has not been updated with a fix yet. But as soon as it is I will build a Pre Release 0.8.3 and post it.

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
OpenCore 0.8.3 EFI Pre Release (July 7th, 2022) Compiled and Kext updated at 11:30 AM (PST)

Working for Ventura beta 1, 2 & 3.

Screenshot 2022-07-07 at 1.31.47 PM.png

The following Kext have also been update to pre release version:

• Lily -1.6.1
  • WhateverGreen - 1.6.0
  • VirtualSMC - 1.3.0
  • RestrictEvents -1.0.8
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement

Asus X570 & B550 motherboards with Realtek Ethernet add:

Make your new volume/partition is formatted to APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings
  3. NVRAM Reset

Attachments

• OpenCore 0.83 Pre-Release.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Pabo

Donator
Donator
OpenCore 0.8.3 EFI Pre Release (July 7th, 2022) Compiled and Kext updated at 11:30 AM (PST)

Working for Ventura beta 1, 2 & 3.

View attachment 6533

The following Kext have also been update to pre release version:

• Lily -1.6.1
  • WhateverGreen - 1.6.0
  • VirtualSMC - 1.3.0
  • RestrictEvents -1.0.8
  • AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement

Asus X570 & B550 motherboards with Realtek Ethernet add:

Make your new volume/partition is formatted to APFS. In the past JHFS+ was use, but now the installer fails if the drive was formatted to JHFS+ prior to install.

1. BIOS Settings
  2. EFI Settings
  3. NVRAM Reset
Good job @johnlietzke! But I have a problem. It is not possible to set the MacOS startup. Windovs always starts. Do you know how to fix it? Thx

johnlietzke

AMD OS X Member
Good job @johnlietzke! But I have a problem. It is not possible to set the MacOS startup. Windovs always starts. Do you know how to fix it? Thx

Depending on your keyboard try holding down the Control, Option, Command or Windows key after you have selected MacOS. You should see the icon below MacOS change to a circle. Then press Enter/Return.

The next time you boot MacOS should be the default.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Depending on your keyboard try holding down the Control, Option, Command or Windows key after you have selected MacOS. You should see the icon below MacOS change to a circle. Then press Enter/Return.

The next time you boot MacOS should be the default.
It works!!! But the PC must be turned off and on. Restart doesn't work..Thanks, you are a genius (y)

jarley91

AMD OS X Member
Hi, has anyone been able to download the full installer (InstallAssistant.pkg) for Ventura Beta 3? The update still doesn't work for me.

Please if you have the link you can share it, thanks.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.