Internet not working on I211-AT

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
Good morning, yesterday I've managed to FINALLY update to Monterey using OC 0.7.4 and some slightly modified Kernel Patches to avoid the "EB LOG:EXITBS:START" error everything whent smooth but internet isn't working... and i cannot manage to make it work.

I already obviously have everything i need in my kexts, as it was working fine with Big Sur.

Do i have to make something particular to get it to work? Has anyone with this same chipset managed to make it work?

thanks

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
Can you please share the kernel patches you used.. mine is breaking this point :-(
sure! here's my patch.plist, it's slightly modified and it's currently configured to work on any ryzen 5 (6 core)

Attachments

• modded_patches.plist
    12.8 KB · Views: 37

mafiaboy99

AMD OS X Member
I've been using this kexts for few hours and it seems to be working fine. I put the system to sleep (system didn't turn off just the display went to sleep) but the connection seems to be ok.
In addition I never let my system sleep except for the displays so you can give it a try and see how it works on your end.
I've been trying this for everyday now and it seems like it's working nicely! Even under heavy usage, i've saturated my full gigabit connection both in download and upload for about an hour, and also used it to work on my everyday tasks, such as heavy web browsing (over 300 tabs open) video conferencing, and general remote system administration stuff. It handled everything without issues. The only thing i haven't tried yet is if it works after waking up from sleep.

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@mafiaboy99
Thanks for sharing your experience (y)
I'm glad that kext worked out for you so far.

Petacchi

AMD OS X Member
I've been using this kexts for few hours and it seems to be working fine. I put the system to sleep (system didn't turn off just the display went to sleep) but the connection seems to be ok.
In addition I never let my system sleep except for the displays so you can give it a try and see how it works on your end.
I'm trying this on x470 and seems working good after 1-2 hrs heavy work with servers, upload and download but I haven't tested after sleep.

angeloavv

AMD OS X Member
I've been trying this for everyday now and it seems like it's working nicely! Even under heavy usage, i've saturated my full gigabit connection both in download and upload for about an hour, and also used it to work on my everyday tasks, such as heavy web browsing (over 300 tabs open) video conferencing, and general remote system administration stuff. It handled everything without issues. The only thing i haven't tried yet is if it works after waking up from sleep.
That's the only kext that worked at first try (it allowed me to browse Safari before starting with the setup) but after the setup started it died after a few minutes. I'll give it another try in the next few days.

Cyberdevs

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm trying this on x470 and seems working good after 1-2 hrs heavy work with servers, upload and download but I haven't tested after sleep.
I'm glad that it's working ok for you as well

liweilee

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for Applel2xx.kext. FYI, My NIC works normally in 100base with Half Duplex mode. In Full Duplex mode, my network gets very slow in download(100base) and suddenly death(100base and 1000base). There is no Half Duplex option in 1000base for me to test.

-------

My network breaks after 2 hours later(100base with Half Duplex mode). So still looking for a stable solution.

Last edited:

wmchris

AMD OS X Member
tried multiple applei2xx.kexts - all behave the same - network will break down after a short period of time. console gets flooded with error messages - it also breaks down all other network interfaces. this is sadly no option. :-(

f10

AMD OS X Member
Hi..
I'm an Intel guy with a Z390 Designare board that also has the i211 ethernet and for me AppleI2xx.kext works with Monterey without problems for several days now.
So thank you Shaneee (I tagged you in the tomato forum). Connection will still break with sleep but a change in MTU size will reconnect it.
Terminal type: networksetup -setMTU en1 1501 (use values around the original 1500, don't go crazy with it.. 9000 froze my system)
I have no way of knowing whether this will work for your AMD boards but imo worth a try

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Hi..
I'm an Intel guy with a Z390 Designare board that also has the i211 ethernet and for me AppleI2xx.kext works with Monterey without problems for several days now.
So thank you Shaneee (I tagged you in the tomato forum). Connection will still break with sleep but a change in MTU size will reconnect it.
Terminal type: networksetup -setMTU en1 1501 (use values around the original 1500, don't go crazy with it.. 9000 froze my system)
I have no way of knowing whether this will work for your AMD boards but imo worth a try

That does indeed work on AMD too. Nice find (y)

angeloavv

AMD OS X Member
Any updates? So the kext is definitely dead? Did someone tried to perform a whole setup from the beginning? I'm not able to perform a full install with the kexts suggested above. Can you please suggest any PCIEx ethernet devices to be paired to escape this problem?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

elixir

AMD OS X Member

tested!!! smalltree is alive again.

thanks shaneee

Last edited:

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member

Arrakis

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks Shaneee, for the link the method also works for the Intel I210 on a Trx40 motherboard.
Ps: For me, the Intel I210 worked until beta 10 included

moedo

AMD OS X Member
Take a look, https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...monterey/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-2771754

Once I've made sure it doesn't have any side effects I'll share a tutorial on how to do this.
This is awesome, thanks Shaneee and really looking forward to the tutorial.

Just word of caution for everyone that may have tried the LucyRTL8125Ethernet kext on x570 boards that have 2.5gb LAN - after some testing I was never able to get my full ISP speed. So hoping SmallTree can make a come back

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
This is awesome, thanks Shaneee and really looking forward to the tutorial.

Just word of caution for everyone that may have tried the LucyRTL8125Ethernet kext on x570 boards that have 2.5gb LAN - after some testing I was never able to get my full ISP speed. So hoping SmallTree can make a come back

LucyRTL8125Ethernet should've been working without rolling back the kexts. Was this not the case?

moedo

AMD OS X Member
LucyRTL8125Ethernet should've been working without rolling back the kexts. Was this not the case?
Oh yeah, LucyRTL8125Ethernet is nice and stable in latest Monterey release. However after some testing with my Arch and Win10 installs on the same rig, Monterey only gets about 1/5 the LAN speed of the other OS’s. Still trying to figure out why.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Oh yeah, LucyRTL8125Ethernet is nice and stable in latest Monterey release. However after some testing with my Arch and Win10 installs on the same rig, Monterey only gets about 1/5 the LAN speed of the other OS’s. Still trying to figure out why.

Have you tried manually specifying the speed in the settings?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.