Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX - Ventura 13.6.6 OC 0.99 Post Install Ethernet Realtec chipset not detected and can't be properly configured

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

Sorry @CaseySJ for polluting your initial post about your Asus X670 Gene, here is mine as many contributors tried to help me.
Config in signature
So far, on OC 0.99 I am able to successfully:
  • Get the Ventura 13.6.6 Apple install menu
  • Get the utility disk menu to format my internal SSD
  • Go through the 1st steps of installation (17min then 29min...)
  • Reboot on the macOS installer
  • Reboot on the internal SSD (get rid off the macOS installer from the USB)

But then I continuously reboot on the last menu with either the Ventua installer or the internal SSD and never reach the Welcome screen of macOS "Choose your country".

This is exactly the same issue, whatever I try to install Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura or Sonoma.

Here are a few screenshots and the currently tested EFI which need to be corrected.
This EFI has been prepared:
  • with the "generic" EFI from Casey (initial post updated to OC 0.94, latest one available from him)
  • updated to OC 0.99
  • All his recommendations regarding BIOS setup, MMIOs discovered, number of physical cores in CPU, RAM information, included in his first 3 posts have been followed.
  • USB mapping has been done under Windows with USBTool box and relevant SSDT disabled, and kexts added.

The "tailored made EFI" is the one attached to the post.

I am looking for additional input as I no longer see what to further investigate...
Thanks a lot to those who already tried to help me... and welcome to new ideas :cool: I won't give up !

bFzH3Ia.jpg

5enc4Tx.jpg

iArAswB.jpg

Attachments

• EFI 01000 ok copie.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 12

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Gonna look for the medical treatment or prepare the surgery table.
From what I remember I can't unactivate from the BIOS (btw @mariettosun another great guess you had a few posts before :cool: )

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If it's like motherboards you need to remove the shroud over the rear IO. There then should be a couple screws under the WiFI card on the rear of the Motherboard. If I recall from Gigabytes website it's a M.2 card.

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks!
I just watched some video, it seems that I need to remove the MB from the case as the screws fixing the shroud seem to be on the rear.
Will that tomorrow under the day light. Don't want to waste time, Here it's night already.
Keep you posted :cool:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
btw @mariettosun another great guess you had a few posts before
i have to ask @Shaneee to set my role now as Guru or AMD god! :) :) :)
when @CaseySJ ends to play with tb4 maybe he could take a look here and check if the patch he did needs some correction for gigabyte board

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@Mac Arthur,

Please try the previous version of LucyRTL8125Ethernet that is attached here. IOReg shows that the device-id is recognized, but the network stack did not materialize. This might be due to recently added support for AppleVTD even though the latest driver (1.2.0d5) should work without it.

In any case, let's try the attached previous version (1.1.0). Please install, reboot and post IOReg file once more.
Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 8.22.21 AM.png

Attachments

• LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext.zip
    58.6 KB · Views: 1

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Here we go... but unfortunately no change.
Welcome to our new Guru @mariettosun definitely of great inspiration since I join the forum :)

Tbh I'll dismantle the MB to remove the wifi integrated chipset if you guess there is a reasonable chance to solve the issue.
Otherwise I would prefer to get a software solution. Surgery is not always the best option, and I would definitely love to understand why my MB is reluctant to work, as so many don't raise any issue...

Attachments

• IORegister Lucy RTL 1.1.0.zip
    758.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
ACPI is definitely not my strong suit so this may work but it also may not let the system boot so make sure you can remove it if needed.

Attachments

• SSDT-WIFI-DISABLE.aml.zip
    886 bytes · Views: 1

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
No Change, the SSDT cannot be loaded but I could boot...
Let's wait for @CaseySJ and the newly appointed Guru @mariettosun for their input :cool:
I still have so many things to implement on this Mac, no rush, just hope!

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Mac Arthur take a look to this german site
there you can find infos done by lucy kext creator and othes user experiences
AMD is a bit more complex:

i hope you can find a solution reading there and also here from acpi expert

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@mariettosun This confirm that when you get promotion you stop working :cool: (Private joke :) )
You already did such a great work for me ;-)

I just subscribed to the forum and gonna have a look on this.
However I hope that @CaseySJ may be able to have a look at my IORegistry file attached.
Feeling so strange to be unable to solve this unexpected simple problem!

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Ioreg is pretty the same so others things are missing
I thing you have some overlapping in multiple devices
You can’t disable some of them because gigabyte bios seems to be poor in that field

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Something we never talked about but I did not see anything on other forum. I know that it could raise some issue on specific Intel Hack.
I have 2 NVMe SSD one for Ventura and one for Windows. Can the NVMe be placed in any slot (I have 4) or it does not matter.
Otherwise I don't have any other device on the machine and the devices properties of the EFI is empty....

maclinuxg4

AMD OS X Member
Something we never talked about but I did not see anything on other forum. I know that it could raise some issue on specific Intel Hack.
I have 2 NVMe SSD one for Ventura and one for Windows. Can the NVMe be placed in any slot (I have 4) or it does not matter.
Otherwise I don't have any other device on the machine and the devices properties of the EFI is empty....
Plz discuss with @CaseySJ to manage properly 2 NVME SDDe ( one hack, one Windows)

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
What am I doing,? :cool:

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
On these newer boards we can generally use any NVMe slot. There can be restrictions on PCIe 4 versus 5. There can also be restrictions on number of lanes (4 or 2). It’s best to check the user manual, which will always list all restrictions.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@Mac Arthur,

The latest IOReg you posted shows no change as you pointed out. Have you seen the troubleshooting guide on InsanelyMac?

---
Troubleshooting
  • Make sure you have followed the installation instructions especially when you have issues with certain domains while the others are working fine.
  • Use the debug version to collect log data when trying to track down problems. The kernel log messages can be retrieved with "log show --predicate "processID == 0" --debug" in order to retrieve kernel logs. Include the log data when asking for support or giving feedback. I'm an engineer, not a clairvoyant.
  • Don't copy and paste large amounts of log data to your post. Create an archive with the log data and attach it to your post. In case you don't want to make your log data publicly accessible, contact me via PM and I will provide you a mail address to send it directly to me.
  • Delete the following files:
  • /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist
  • In Terminal run netstat -s in order to display network statistics. Carefully examine the data for any unusual activity like a high number of packets with bad IP header checksums, etc.
  • In case auto-configuration of the link layer connection doesn't work it might be necessary to select the medium manually in System Preferences under Network for the interface.
  • Use Wireshark to create a packet dump in order to collect diagnostic information.
  • Keep in mind that there are many manufacturers of network equipment. Although Ethernet is an IEEE standard, different implementations may show different behavior causing incompatibilities. In case you are having trouble try a different switch or a different cable.
---
  • Have you tried adding boot argument e1000=0?
  • Have you tried the DEBUG version?
Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 2.45.03 PM.png

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi all :cool:
To be honest for the time being I think I am going to give up for a while with this issue as this really drives me crazy.
On the other hand I have already spent a lot of time on this new forum and discovered so many interesting topics. I learnt a lot as well, and it seems to be a bit more "intimate" than the big brother Tony! I like what I feel to be less anonymous.
This machine is the 1st AMD for me, next one will be with TB MB... with obviously Ethernet Intel Chipset :) , I like challenges.

In the meantime, for the beauty of the config I need a PCIe Lan card with Intel controller (USBc to Lan looks so weird OMG!!!).
Any model to recommend or all are good as long as the 2.5Gb/sec Intel controller is there?
I'll find away to get one, not in Cambodia, most likely in Thailand, crossing the border being the next challenge!

Thanks again to all those who have spend time for me, I really appreciate it :) :) :)
I'll be then more active on the chit chat forum, I still have a lot to discuss about Mac under AMD CPU...

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Replacing or removing the WiFi card is probably your best option.

This Realtek 2.5G Ethernet card is available from AliExpress, and ships to Cambodia.

Ignore the Page not Found message, it links to the Card just fine.

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.