Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX - Ventura 13.6.6 OC 0.99 Post Install Ethernet Realtec chipset not detected and can't be properly configured

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

Sorry @CaseySJ for polluting your initial post about your Asus X670 Gene, here is mine as many contributors tried to help me.
Config in signature
So far, on OC 0.99 I am able to successfully:
  • Get the Ventura 13.6.6 Apple install menu
  • Get the utility disk menu to format my internal SSD
  • Go through the 1st steps of installation (17min then 29min...)
  • Reboot on the macOS installer
  • Reboot on the internal SSD (get rid off the macOS installer from the USB)

But then I continuously reboot on the last menu with either the Ventua installer or the internal SSD and never reach the Welcome screen of macOS "Choose your country".

This is exactly the same issue, whatever I try to install Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura or Sonoma.

Here are a few screenshots and the currently tested EFI which need to be corrected.
This EFI has been prepared:
  • with the "generic" EFI from Casey (initial post updated to OC 0.94, latest one available from him)
  • updated to OC 0.99
  • All his recommendations regarding BIOS setup, MMIOs discovered, number of physical cores in CPU, RAM information, included in his first 3 posts have been followed.
  • USB mapping has been done under Windows with USBTool box and relevant SSDT disabled, and kexts added.

The "tailored made EFI" is the one attached to the post.

I am looking for additional input as I no longer see what to further investigate...
Thanks a lot to those who already tried to help me... and welcome to new ideas :cool: I won't give up !

bFzH3Ia.jpg

5enc4Tx.jpg

iArAswB.jpg

Attachments

• EFI 01000 ok copie.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 12

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee Did not see option P, I guess it may be D?
huMHfl6.png

So then what should I do? :)
Sorry I never used this...

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Mac Arthur are you using this ssdt?
in EFI i prepared for you they are unchecked...you shouldnt use Casey asus ssdt...
Screenshot 2024-04-27 at 14.02.28.png

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
this is in EFI you posted..and it is fine
1714219564498.png

but SSDTime says a different thing if i am not wrong

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Mac Arthur
this efi extract your acpi table and you will find them in your booting efi folder(sys report enabled in opencore debug bootloader)
i have also cleaned many Uefi drivers you do not need in this debug phase
please keep clean your efi till you will win this challenge :)

Attachments

• EFI 01000 ok copie 2.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@mariettosun these are the one...
0OBO2m6.png

Some are unchecked as you suggested earlier
Don't worry I have this in the safety box.

@Shaneee I am going to do that under windows right now...

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Shaneee So I restarted computer, boot windows, installed Python, downloaded SSDTTimeHere is attached the zip file.
Hope I was right.
Late for today!

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    116.4 KB · Views: 3

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Can you save an IOReg and upload please. Looking at the ACPI files I can't see why it won't attach.

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.zip
    265.6 KB · Views: 1

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member

Deleted member 23555

AMD OS X Member
Il faut absolement definire vontre carte sond
@jan001232
explain please i do not understand
is this EFI useful for?
why a spoof of a GPU i see in DP?
and many other not useful things..to debug user problem

I am not trying to build a precise EFI file, but EFI adapted to maximum configurations. A global file that would allow installation on many different configurations. Some things that are not useful for one configuration may be useful for another configuration. All motherboards use approximately the same operating word.

Basically, I'm posting an EFI file that can work and with feedback (if it has one) on several different motherboards, I'm eliminating things that are blocking. The more elements there are in the EFI file = the more interesting the feedback.

Last edited:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
i was asking also why you were quoting me posting that EFI:)
i disagree to build a multi purpose EFI but if for you is good it is fine also for me :)

Deleted member 23555

AMD OS X Member
i was asking also why you were quoting me posting that EFI:)
i disagree to build a multi purpose EFI but if for you is good it is fine also for me :)

Even if the installation is not perfect with the approximate EFI, it allows tracking of system behavior. And thereby saves time for constructing the final EFI.

Don't forget that the majority of people here are beginners (including me, my experience and 1.5 months in the world of Hackintosh) and you don't necessarily want to learn how to build exact EFI.

Last edited:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
i repeat myself
i disagree but it is only a different opinion
to stay on topic
Efi you posted has too much kexts, too much Kernel patches and one important kernel patch for AM5 is disabled
but world is fine because there are different way to see or to approach a problem :)

Deleted member 23555

AMD OS X Member
i repeat myself
i disagree but it is only a different opinion
to stay on topic
Efi you posted has too much kexts, too much Kernel patches and one important kernel patch for AM5 is disabled
but world is fine because there are different way to see or to approach a problem :)

I would be happy to chat a little more with you. It allows me to divert attention from my work. For some users, this may be interpreted as inappropriate for the post subject. Thank you for your time and Good night.

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Well let me thanks you all again, it's a long foggy journey but I never give up... :cool:

To sum up
- I am currently booting from this EFI since I got it working to finalize the Ventura install (attached).
@mariettosun the EFI you recently posted above leads me to the pickup of OC but then after Ventura selected the boot starts and goes back to OC menu (No idea if you changed something in a wrong way, so many versions to follow-up the case... no worries you are of course forgiven) and yes NVRAM reset before each boot :)
  • As requested ACPI and IORegistry files
  • Still no Ethernet connection through original Lan Realtek port
  • I am currently writing from this hack through USB-C 10/100/1000 LAN but beyond not being satisfactory I often get self-assigned IP when rebooting and need to unplug

Happy Sunday to all of you and thanks again :)

Attachments

• EFI No SN.zip
    35.8 MB · Views: 3
  • ACPI.zip
    116.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IORegistry Mac Arthur.zip
    764.8 KB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Now I'm even more confused. From looking at your PCI Devices output we know that the LAN IOReg name is "DP30@6/EP00@0". We can see that in your IORegistry,

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/GPP7@2,1/IOPP/UP00@0/IOPP/DP40@8/IOPP/UP00@0/IOPP/DP30@6/IOPP/EP00@0/LucyRTL8125

That's the strange part. LucyRTL8125 is loaded onto it. I'm thinking though the built in MediaTek WiFi is causing the issues. As its IOReg name is "DP38@7/EP00@0" possibly confusing the system.

Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 11.32.06.png Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 11.32.11.png

Bit more searching. Similar thing here. By disabling/removing the unsupported WiFi card the LAN started working in macOS, https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/help-me-with-rtl8125.4626/page-3#post-33091

Last edited:

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I am really sorry to make you confused :) :) :)
Sounds we found the root of the issue?
So what should we do? ;-)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Disable the WiFi card in the BIOS if you can or physically remove it from the Motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.