Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
No Ventura is NOT yet installed.
I pickup the macOS installer, then after reboot I move to the USB installer, then after reboot i move on on the internal SSD disk but I never reach the Welcome Ventura screen.
It continuously reboot on the same internal SSD without ending the Install

Deleted member 23555

AMD OS X Member
No Ventura is NOT yet installed.
I pickup the macOS installer, then after reboot I move to the USB installer, then after reboot i move on on the internal SSD disk but I never reach the Welcome Ventura screen.
It continuously reboot on the same internal SSD without ending the Install

I modified the EFI file from here ⇾ : https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/a...0-x670e-b650-and-b650e-boards.4160/post-34643

Normally this EFI is made for macOS Sonoma, but it can also work with macOS Ventura perhaps

File edits are in ATTACH FILES.

If it doesn't work, I have a slight suspicion that the kernel patch in EFI file is corrupted. In image
supson-path.jpg

Attachments

• efi-edits.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
1713796281812.png

@jan001232
problem in the efi posted could stay here because Max Kernel in EFI used to help @Mac Arthur has a wrong MAX Kernel for sonoma
You are right about 4 core count Kernel patches (but not useful the missing one which is for older OS like Mojave)
So @Mac Arthur should only update max kernel patches to 23.99.99 (Sonoma is 23,5)
hoping patches are updated :)

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
also in your edits there are many SSDT and device properties not usefull to debug the problem user has in this early system hang

Edit
added AMD Kernel patches useful for Ventura and Sonoma OS

Attachments

• AMD_Kernel Patches.plist.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Deleted member 23555

AMD OS X Member
I replaced the entire kernel patch. Perhaps this will suit DoncMac Arthurne kleps.jpg better.
In ATTACH FILES

if that doesn't work, try deleting kext "SMCAMDProcessor.kext", "AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext", "USBMap.kext", USBToolBox.kext, "VirtualSMC.kext" your EFI file, You can add it after installation.

Attachments

• efi-edit-2-patch-remplace.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 7

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi all,
Unfortunately it's even worse as I have an earlier reboot, whether kexts are enable or not.
And If I try to reinstall Ventura from scratch I even can't get the 1st Apple menu where I should be able to format my internal SSD.
Log enclosed.

Attachments

• opencore-2024-04-23-151923.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • opencore-2024-04-23-151949.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • opencore-2024-04-23-152757.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
  • opencore-2024-04-23-152729.txt

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Mac Arthur have you that EFI which leads you to the chance to format your disk in Ventura or sonoma?
which OSX are you installing (exactly i mean)

@jan001232 why this?
1713862150974.png

I would try to stay simple as we can and overall i double check your Gigabyte bios option and set it as it should be set

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
i would also suggest to create a new thread to keep clean Casey's one

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
i would also suggest to create a new thread to keep clean Casey's one
You are 100% right ! Sorry @CaseySJ
Here we go:

Astx

AMD OS X Member
No, you don't need any patches for the Intel AX200 or AX210 WiFi/BT card.

I use a number of Intel AX200 and AX210 M.2 cards, all I need is Airportitlwm.kext for the WiFi to work. I use the Alpha v2.3.0 kext for Ventura and Sonoma, as I dual boot these two OS's.

Bluetooth requires a number of kexts and the USB port to be active in a custom USB kext.

Here is a screenshot showing the kexts in my /EFI/OC/Kexts folder. Red box around WiFi and Blue boxes around Bluetooth kexts.

View attachment 13528 Example of Kexts folder contents for M.2 Intel WiFi/Bluetooth card.
MB Gygabyte Aorus PRO x670e with replaced default MT7927 BT/WiFi to an Intel AX210 M.2 module. Dual boot with Windows.

Under Win11 all (BT+WiFi) works great, but under Ventura or Sonoma I have only working BT (it really work with BT headphones and can connect to other BT devices, like my neighbor SmartTV)). WiFi sing in grey color with exclamation mark over it and with inactive switch

Trying all versions of Airpotitlwm without success. Please, check my EFI, thank You!

Attachments

• AstxEFI.zip
    47.9 MB · Views: 4

fabiosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Astx it seems you use a kext you do not need (amfipass.kext)
also you have some "OCLP" kext in your kext folder as the IOSKYFamily block in config (disabled)
Disable amfipasskext and use a proper sonoma or ventura Airportitlwm kext (you can find different version also for only sonoma OS)

Astx

AMD OS X Member
@Astx it seems you use a kext you do not need (amfipass.kext)
also you have some "OCLP" kext in your kext folder as the IOSKYFamily block in config (disabled)
Disable amfipasskext and use a proper sonoma or ventura Airportitlwm kext (you can find different version also for only sonoma OS)
It doesn't help. I remove all kexts, except base ones+Airport+BT. Still only BT :(

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Not surprised it didn't help.

Your EFI is a mess, you have too many unnecessary/unused SSDT's, Drivers, Kexts and Tools in your setup. I assume you don't know what is required and what is not.

Have you read the OpenCore guide?

Astx

AMD OS X Member
Not surprised it didn't help.

Your EFI is a mess, you have too many unnecessary/unused SSDT's, Drivers, Kexts and Tools in your setup. I assume you don't know what is required and what is not.

Have you read the OpenCore guide?
I suspected something like this, so i need to start from the scratch 🤝

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No, you would be better served starting with an EFI folder for the same motherboard and CPU you own. As that would give you a solid base to work from.

If you don’t know which SSDTs, Drivers, Kexts and Tools you need to use for system, you are going to struggle starting with a blank canvas. Never mind sorting out the MimoWhitelist patches you will need.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I suspected something like this, so i need to start from the scratch 🤝
I set this EFI up for a Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite back in January, I was using a Fenvi M2 card in it for Wireless/ Bluetooth so its without intel kexts. Regardless it should give you an idea of what should and shouldn't be needed.

Attachments

• EFIGigAMD5.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Astx

AMD OS X Member
I set this EFI up for a Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite back in January, I was using a Fenvi M2 card in it for Wireless/ Bluetooth so its without intel kexts. Regardless it should give you an idea of what should and shouldn't be needed.
Thank You!
Sadly, using this as base I get the same result: BT fully working, WiFi - not.
Fixing MMIO also doesn't help: MMIO devirt 0xF7000000 (0x7E00 pages, 0x800000000000100D) skip 1 - set address as 4143972352

Maybe I need to deeply check DeviceProperties? Hackintool find this card, how I can use this?

Attachments

• IMG_0963.jpg
    IMG_0963.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0964.jpg
    IMG_0964.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0965.jpg
    IMG_0965.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank You!
Sadly, using this as base I get the same result: BT fully working, WiFi - not.
Fixing MMIO also doesn't help: MMIO devirt 0xF7000000 (0x7E00 pages, 0x800000000000100D) skip 1 - set address as 4143972352

Maybe I need to deeply check DeviceProperties? Hackintool find this card, how I can use this?
You don't say which version of macOS you are trying this on, please do make sure you are running the latest Alpha version of the Airport kext for Sonoma 14.4 and above, if not guess what? There is another situation you may be well served to correct as shown in the second image. Your ethernet device should be at en0 and wireless at en1.
There is a longer discussion of that here;

I would disable the Airport kext, reboot and clear Nvram then delete the preferences.plist and NetworkInterfaces.plist in /library/preferences/system configuration.

Astx

AMD OS X Member
You don't say which version of macOS you are trying this on, please do make sure you are running the latest Alpha version of the Airport kext for Sonoma 14.4 and above, if not guess what? There is another situation you may be well served to correct as shown in the second image. Your ethernet device should be at en0 and wireless at en1.
There is a longer discussion of that here;

I would disable the Airport kext, reboot and clear Nvram then delete the preferences.plist and NetworkInterfaces.plist in /library/preferences/system configuration.
So, here is my current EFI and I still have only BT under Ventura 13.6.4
After deleting suggested plists, Ethernet goes to en0 and Wifi section disappears (probably this records was from my old Fenvi card).
Also attached debug file, maybe it can help. Thank You!

Attachments

• Working EFI wo WiFi.zip
    59.4 MB · Views: 9
  • opencore-2024-05-06-111908.txt
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.