Asus X670E Gene EFI -- Adaptable to Other X670, X670E, B650 and B650E Boards

zgamer109

AMD OS X Member
Thank you @CaseySJ This guide has been tremendous. I figured out the whitelist part and I think I got that set, I had to select the macOS partition in order to find it in the logs.

Now Im stuck on the following error: RadeonSensor initializedRadeonSensor freeingupACPI when I see it in Verbose as its booting but as you can see in the Log it ends still in ExitBS so not sure if something is not whitelisted properly still?

Ryzen 9 7950 X3D-32GB DDR 5 16x2-2 NVME SSDS: Samsung 970 Pro - MacOS, WD Black 1TB Windows 11-1TB WD Black Storage HDD
Asus ROG B650E - F Gaming WIFI-FenviT919 - Wifi/BT- Asus TUF RX 6800 XT 16GB- Deepcool C510 Mesh Digital Case -Segotop 850W PSU
(I will be replacing the Samsung 970 with a WD Black SSD very soon)

Thanks for any additional assistance!

Attachments

• opencore-2023-03-14-003919.txt
    256 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9771 2.JPG
    IMG_9771 2.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9770 2.JPG
    IMG_9770 2.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
  • EFI.zip
    42.3 MB · Views: 13

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Thank you @CaseySJ This guide has been tremendous. I figured out the whitelist part and I think I got that set, I had to select the macOS partition in order to find it in the logs.

Now Im stuck on the following error: RadeonSensor initializedRadeonSensor freeingupACPI when I see it in Verbose as its booting but as you can see in the Log it ends still in ExitBS so not sure if something is not whitelisted properly still?

Ryzen 9 7950 X3D-32GB DDR 5 16x2-2 NVME SSDS: Samsung 970 Pro - MacOS, WD Black 1TB Windows 11-1TB WD Black Storage HDD
Asus ROG B650E - F Gaming WIFI-FenviT919 - Wifi/BT- Asus TUF RX 6800 XT 16GB- Deepcool C510 Mesh Digital Case -Segotop 850W PSU
(I will be replacing the Samsung 970 with a WD Black SSD very soon)

Thanks for any additional assistance!
Is Above 4G Decoding enabled? What about Resizeable BAR Support?

EDIT: Your MMIO whitelist is wrong, you have the first 4 false and the last one true, it should be the opposite, first 4 true and the last one false.

zgamer109

AMD OS X Member
Is Above 4G Decoding enabled? What about Resizeable BAR Support?

EDIT: Your MMIO whitelist is wrong, you have the first 4 false and the last one true, it should be the opposite, first 4 true and the last one false.
Both are Enabled

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Hi @CaseySJ ,

Are you able to help me detecting the issue?
I am trying to get the MMIO Whitelist for my motherboard, but most of the times it does not get to opencore menu...

I used your EFI (latest version), changing opencore files to debug as said, its getting stuck into the screenshot bellow:

I could not find the "MMIO devirt" lines in my opencore-xxxx log files.

My setup
Gigabyte B650 Aorus Pro AX (F4b bios)
Ryzen 9 - 7900x
Kingston SATA (until a new NVM.E arrives)
Radeon RX6800 XT
32gb 5600 Ram

You can find my EFI, log and screenshot attached.

I changed the BIOS settings as expected in dortana guides (IOMMU I could not change - I didn't find it in my bios).

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• boot_opencore_log.jpg
    boot_opencore_log.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 38
  • EFI_debug_.zip
    42.1 MB · Views: 1
  • opencore-2023-03-17-164959.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi @CaseySJ ,

Are you able to help me detecting the issue?
I am trying to get the MMIO Whitelist for my motherboard, but most of the times it does not get to opencore menu...

I used your EFI (latest version), changing opencore files to debug as said, its getting stuck into the screenshot bellow:

I could not find the "MMIO devirt" lines in my opencore-xxxx log files.

My setup
Gigabyte B650 Aorus Pro AX (F4b bios)
Ryzen 9 - 7900x
Kingston SATA (until a new NVM.E arrives)
Radeon RX6800 XT
32gb 5600 Ram

You can find my EFI, log and screenshot attached.

I changed the BIOS settings as expected in dortana guides (IOMMU I could not change - I didn't find it in my bios).

Thanks a lot!
Hi @jubarim , I have a very similar configuration using a Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX, see if this gets you anywhere. You'll need to add serial numbers etc and map USB Ports if it boots for you. The MimoWhitelist settings may also need to be tweaked, which would leave you in the same boat, but give it a go and report back.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    8.4 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
The mmio just one on true so far in all x670 and b650 tested, asrock, asus, gigabyte.
X670 and b650 differ in the acpi names of the usb devices, and gigabyte It has the pwr bug of gpp7 if I'm not mistaken and it is solved with the rename.

Lorys89

AMD OS X Member
Can you send me a dsdt x670 or b650 to see the pwr of gpp7, so I understand what problems it causes

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Hi @jubarim , I have a very similar configuration using a Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX, see if this gets you anywhere. You'll need to add serial numbers etc and map USB Ports if it boots for you. The MimoWhitelist settings may also need to be tweaked, which would leave you in the same boat, but give it a go and report back.

Thanks for the help @leesurone

I used or EFI (replacing serial numbers etc), but a strange issue happens: it gets to the opencore menu and when I choose the installer it just reboots. And the next boot I try, I won't get to the opencore menu anymore...

It just prints the image attached and reboots.

Really odd, it looks like my pc only boots once per opencore config...

Attachments

• no_opencore_menu.png
    no_opencore_menu.png
    689.6 KB · Views: 40

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Can you send me a dsdt x670 or b650 to see the pwr of gpp7, so I understand what problems it causes
How can I do that? I have windows and linux on the desktop nvm.e

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@jubarim,

Please try the attached EFI folder, in which a bunch of changes were made, some of which are:
  • Applying two ACPI rename patches taken from @leesurone's EFI for Gigabyte
  • Disabling all USB port map SSDTs and Kexts because they don't belong to your board
  • Replacing AppleALCU with AppleALC because your board has Realtek ALC-1220 rather than USB audio
  • Using 5th MMIO whitelist from @leesurone's EFI because original 5th one is from Asus
  • Setting Misc -> Debug -> Target to 0x67 to export debug OpenCore log file
  • Enabling Misc -> Debug -> SysReport to dump various system configuration files into EFI partition folder called "SysReport"
  • Disabling all Device Properties because the ones from my EFI folder are specifically for Asus board
The first time you boot with this EFI folder, it will take a little extra time to boot because various files will be generated. The next time you boot, make the two changes shown below to avoid log and SysReport files from being re-generated:
Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 1.35.12 PM.png
You can also switch to RELEASE mode builds of BOOTX64.efi and OpenCore.efi after the reboot.

Then mount EFI partition of USB boot disk and post these files:
  • The newest OpenCore log file
  • The SysReport folder (compress folder before posting)
Which WiFi/BT card are you using?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    44.6 MB · Views: 16

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
I am having trouble to get the DSDT in my desktop:

#######################################################
# Dumping DSDT #
#######################################################

Checking if DSDT exists
Copying DSDT to safe location.
You have to enter your password to copy the file:
Changing file ownership
Success!
Failed to decompile DSDT.aml
Loading file failed!
Press [enter] to return to main menu...

Maybe it's related to the issue with gigabyte motherboards Cheesetoast commented here https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/g...6600-monterey-opencore-0-8-8.4340/#post-28375

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
@jubarim,

Please try the attached EFI folder, in which a bunch of changes were made, some of which are:
  • Applying two ACPI rename patches taken from @leesurone's EFI for Gigabyte
  • Disabling all USB port map SSDTs and Kexts because they don't belong to your board
  • Replacing AppleALCU with AppleALC because your board has Realtek ALC-1220 rather than USB audio
  • Using 5th MMIO whitelist from @leesurone's EFI because original 5th one is from Asus
  • Setting Misc -> Debug -> Target to 0x67 to export debug OpenCore log file
  • Enabling Misc -> Debug -> SysReport to dump various system configuration files into EFI partition folder called "SysReport"
  • Disabling all Device Properties because the ones from my EFI folder are specifically for Asus board
The first time you boot with this EFI folder, it will take a little extra time to boot because various files will be generated. The next time you boot, make the two changes shown below to avoid log and SysReport files from being re-generated:
View attachment 10054
You can also switch to RELEASE mode builds of BOOTX64.efi and OpenCore.efi after the reboot.

Then mount EFI partition of USB boot disk and post these files:
  • The newest OpenCore log file
  • The SysReport folder (compress folder before posting)
Hi Casey,

Thanks a lot for the help. I did as you instructed and the files are attached.

I could not get to opencore menu, the pc reboots the same as before.

Attachments

• opencore-2023-03-17-210849.txt.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 5
  • SysReport.zip
    103.9 KB · Views: 3

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Gigabyte pages says: AMD Wi-Fi 6E RZ616 (MT7922A22M) (For PCB rev. 1.0)
ocsinfo dump: MT7922 802.11ax PCI Express Wireless Network Adapter

I don't think it's supported by mac.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Some notes about your configuration after examining SysReport:
  • ACPI patches are absolutely required for DSDT; these are already included in the EFI folder I posted in previous reply
  • Your on-board WiFi/BT controller (PCI class code 0280) is:
    • Vendor ID: 0x14C3 (MediaTek)
    • Device ID: 0x0616
    • It's attached to this PCI path: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0xB,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
    • I'm disabling it via Device Properties
Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 3.41.33 PM.png
Code:
23. Vendor ID: 0x14C3, Device ID: 0x0616, RevisionID: 0x00, ClassCode: 0x028000, SubsystemVendorID: 0x14C3, SubsystemID: 0x0616,
   DevicePath: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0xB,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)
  • MMIO White List is present in the OpenCore log file, and these entries are reflected in attached EFI folder
Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 3.27.17 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 3.42.53 PM.png
  • Your board has a Realtek 2.5GbE Ethernet controller, so LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext has been added
Screenshot 2023-03-17 at 4.03.27 PM.png

Please try attached EFI folder and let us know if OpenCore boot picker appears. If it does, try starting the macOS installer.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Please try attached EFI folder and let us know if OpenCore boot picker appears. If it does, try starting the macOS installer.
Unfortunately all my desktop gives me is reboots, it doesn't get to OpenCore boot picker :-(

A little more information: I am only using one usb for a keyboard/mouse combo and an SDCard Reader for the SD card with Ventura on it. Everything else I disconnected.

I already tried lots of different usb ports, the results are always the same.

I only have the RX 6800 XT to test, not sure if this could be VGA related. The monitor is connected to the display port.

Maybe this Gigabyte MB is really bugged.

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Is there anything else I could provide to help?

Any paths to follow to try to boot it?

Thanks again and sorry for bothering.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Please replace config.plist with attached version. OpenCore graphical boot picker should appear now. Then select Install macOS ...

Are you installing Ventura?

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Please replace config.plist with attached version. OpenCore graphical boot picker should appear now. Then select Install macOS ...
I will do that now.

Yes, I am trying Ventura.

About the USB flash:
  • It's a sandisk Extreme 32gb (sdcard)
  • I tried two card readers, one UGreen and another kingston - both are usb 3.0, but I also tried plugin them on usb 2.0 ports.
  • I formatted using my work MacBook Pro - using dortania mac guide. I used the Mac Disk Utility.

I will try the latest config.plist.

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
The last EFI produced the same result, reboots. But I tried something different later: I removed the Kingston SATA drive from the pc and now it opens the opencore boot menu and I can choose the installer.

It now freezes in this screen (not sure why upload image is broken for me, so I am attaching it):

Attachments

• install_boot_freeze Large.jpeg
    install_boot_freeze Large.jpeg
    536.1 KB · Views: 44

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Let’s keep things simple and use a 32GB USB 3.0 flash disk, not a SD card. The flash disk should be connected directly to a USB 3 port.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.