5950X+6600XT+X570TorpedoMax

madsmagnus

AMD OS X Member
Hey guys

We are working on a project here with the specs above. But we cannot really seem to get the install loader to even get anywhere. I just had a go with the plist after my comrade gave it a go, and it seems I have just taken us a step back. Now the machine claims that it does not support OSX - so there must clearly be some larger issue with my plist identification values...? I will up the plist here.

CPU: 5950X
GPU: 6700XT
MOB: MSI X570 Torpedo Max
SSD: Corsair MP600 Core (4 TB) - I know, long shot as nobody has tried it. But let's see. It's a Phison controller and I hope NVMe fix will atleast enable TRIM.

EDIT: The GPU is now a 6600XT. Please look past posts regarding incompatibility of 6700XT.

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The Realtek 2.5GB Ethernet port is problematic in MacOS Monterey, same as the Intel version. There are plenty of posts about issues with Apple and 2.5GB Ethernet ports/kexts.

The RTL8111 Ethernet controller should work without any issues in each and every version of macOS.

I am using the same kext for a Realtek 8111 controller on an Intel system and an old FX AMD system and they both work, in Big Sur and Monterey.

Have you checked the bios settings to ensure the Ethernet devices have not been disabled by mistake?

madsmagnus

AMD OS X Member
The Realtek 2.5GB Ethernet port is problematic in MacOS Monterey, same as the Intel version. There are plenty of posts about issues with Apple and 2.5GB Ethernet ports/kexts.

The RTL8111 Ethernet controller should work without any issues in each and every version of macOS.

I am using the same kext for a Realtek 8111 controller on an Intel system and an old FX AMD system and they both work, in Big Sur and Monterey.

Have you checked the bios settings to ensure the Ethernet devices have not been disabled by mistake?

Yeah I already removed the 8125 kext and cleared it from the plist. But yeah also checked BIOS, the NIC is enabled and I tried disabling 1 NIC at a time in BIOS, as they arent named, just called NIC1 and NIC2. But again, no dice. I really have no clue what is going on. As soon as I go into network settings, and try to add a network with the little +, the settings just crash and throw me back into system settings.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You might need to install and use an alternative PCIe NIC or a macOS compatible USB3 to Ethernet adapter.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Ok lets try this.

Remove any existing Ethernet kexts from your setup. Delete the kext(s) and the config.plist entry from the config.plist.

Then add the RealtekRTL8111.kext I have attached below to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and use Corpnewt's ProperTree plist editor to add the entry for the kext to the config.plist.

This is the kext I use for my Realtek 8111 controller in both Big Sur and Monterey, on an old AMD FX system. It is a slightly older version than the two you tried previously.

Let's see if that works on your system.

Attachments

• RealtekRTL8111.kext.zip
    139.5 KB · Views: 1

madsmagnus

AMD OS X Member
Ok lets try this.

Remove any existing Ethernet kexts from your setup. Delete the kext(s) and the config.plist entry from the config.plist.

Then add the RealtekRTL8111.kext I have attached below to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder and use Corpnewt's ProperTree plist editor to add the entry for the kext to the config.plist.

This is the kext I use for my Realtek 8111 controller in both Big Sur and Monterey, on an old AMD FX system. It is a slightly older version than the two you tried previously.

Let's see if that works on your system.

I tried 2.4.2 earlier. I have now also tried SmallTreeRTL812576 and I have tried horndis - none give ANY ethernet connections. I am not sure what OpenCore I am running, and I am running Monterey 12.1 - perhaps that is too old?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Horndis.kext works in what way?

Are you using USB tethering to get Internet access?

madsmagnus

AMD OS X Member
Horndis.kext works in what way?

Are you using USB tethering to get Internet access?
Yes. So the OS is able to use a connection via network settings. But as mentioned before, the kexts for RTL cards arent working. I have been talking with some people, and perhaps using Monterey 12.3 on the newest beta would give me some hope? I am currently on 12.1. Although I dunno how/where to get a newer version?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I haven't heard of any major improvements with regards Ethernet ports working in the latest beta. But it might be worth a try?

You would need to sign up for Beta access with Apple, page linked below. Then you can download the latest versions using the System Preferences > Software Update pane.

You might want to think about having the Beta software on a separate macOS drive, so you have a normal release of macOS on another drive, in case your beta drive gets messed up.

madsmagnus

AMD OS X Member
I haven't heard of any major improvements with regards Ethernet ports working in the latest beta. But it might be worth a try?

You would need to sign up for Beta access with Apple, page linked below. Then you can download the latest versions using the System Preferences > Software Update pane.

You might want to think about having the Beta software on a separate macOS drive, so you have a normal release of macOS on another drive, in case your beta drive gets messed up.
It seems like I cannot get the ISO this way? All I get is the ability to update the actual OS on the existing system, which I am trying now as a last ditch effort before I

A) Get the ISO for 12.3B5
B) Give up and get the hackintosh "experts" to do it.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.