Xcode 15 on Ventura 13.5.2

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Has anyone tried this combo?
Xcode 15 RC has just come out and I tried to run it on my 5900X / 6900 XT build (which otherwise works great).

Simulator barely manages to start up, installing a simple app (Landmarks, from SwiftUI tutorials) starts super slow, but tapping around chokes up big time. It's not responsive at all and then after a minute or so registers taps and chokes up again. Like something is constantly halting the Simulator's main thread.

Xcode 14.3.1 works great and the same app works just fine.

Solution
Hm, it seems it's working now. Whatever it did in on first install / run in the background made the simulator non responsive. It seems to start and work as it should right now, let's hope it stays that way.

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hm, it seems it's working now. Whatever it did in on first install / run in the background made the simulator non responsive. It seems to start and work as it should right now, let's hope it stays that way.

Solution

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If it was a fresh install then Spotlight would've been indexing your drives. This would've slowed down anything else the system was trying to do.

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If it was a fresh install then Spotlight would've been indexing your drives. This would've slowed down anything else the system was trying to do.
Not a fresh install of macOS, just installed new Xcode 15 and thus on first start of the iPhone 15 Pro Simulator, it acted completely strange. Just starting the simulator, before the iOS home screen appears, took several minutes. Something was seriously stuck in that process. It never managed to start my app, even after rebooting. So I just gave up for a day, went back to Xcode 14.3.1 to do what I needed to do. Tried again next morning and now simulator started in few seconds, as it should on this machine.
Super weird.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.