stfrosty

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone! I want to ask, is there any possibility to run any version of Monterey on this computer? I have an HP AIO 24-dp0027ns.

Brand: HP
Model: 24-dp0027ns
CPU and GPU: AMD Ryzen 5 4500U with integrated Radeon Graphics
HDD: SAMSUNG SSD 950 PRO NVME M.2 512GB (mzvlq512hblu-000h1)
Memory: x1 16GB DDR4

I am willing to provide any additional information. Also, if this version does not work, which one would fit better with this computer? Thanks

craighazan

Donator
Donator
I'm confident this would work, but be aware that certain BIOS options may not be available to you, namely setting VRAM for the NootedRed kext to work properly. Look into Smokeless_UMAF for enabling those options in BIOS, can you access VRAM settings from your current BIOS?.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you plan to dual boot Windows and macOS on the HP AIO system, see if you can install a second drive, so you can keep the two OS's separate.

stfrosty

AMD OS X Member
I'm confident this would work, but be aware that certain BIOS options may not be available to you, namely setting VRAM for the NootedRed kext to work properly. Look into Smokeless_UMAF for enabling those options in BIOS, can you access VRAM settings from your current BIOS?.
Hey! Currently I can't access the VRAM options in my BIOS so I'd have to use Smokeless_UMAF. Look, for now I'm just trying to boot the installer from my USB and I have the issue that it doesn't go beyond the HP logo when I turn on the computer. At first, I was getting some errors that I've been fixing one by one and now nothing appears, just the HP logo, but it could stay like that all day. This is the first time I'm doing this, so I probably made many mistakes, could you shed some light on this? I've used a bit of generic configuration, for example, regarding kext I've only added some basic and necessary ones. Regarding the configuration file, I've done it the best I could. By the way, I've decided to use Big Sur, in case the forum thread needs to be moved or something like that.
If you plan to dual boot Windows and macOS on the HP AIO system, see if you can install a second drive, so you can keep the two OS's separate.
Thank you very much for your advice! I'll keep that in mind.

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    17.1 MB · Views: 3

stfrosty

AMD OS X Member
Hey again! I followed the complete OpenCore guide and I think I'm not missing any detail. The thing is, now when I restart the computer, the OpenCore bootloader appears but only Windows shows up. Since I have logging enabled, a file is generated, but it literally only contains zeros. Does anyone have any ideas?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Here is a revised EFI for your HP AIO system. Try it and see if this gets you any further along the installation process.

I have removed all the non-essential SSDT's, Drivers, Kexts and Tools.
Added a populated Resources folder and changed the OC boot to the GUI screen.
Seriously edited your config.plist to take in to account the changes above and to set it up for a HP AMD system.

I don't know which guide you were following when you created your EFI, but it sure as hell wasn't the Ryzen guide!

Attachments

• EFI-v1.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.