What is the status on Thunderbolt 4 support on AMD Motherboards?

agent2

Donator
Donator
Hi everybody,

It's been a while, and I've been wondering if the support for Thunderbolt 4 on Hackintoshes has been smoother than for Thunderbolt 3.
I've searched around on the web and found this very detailed guide for hot-plug TB4 from elitemacx86 and wondered if this would a good guide to follow if one were to use AMD Thunderbolt-quipped systems? Would one have to flash the Maple Ridge Controller as well? Because in the guide they mention not having to flash it but in he FAQ they say yes one has to. A tiny bit of clarification would be much appreciated.
If true, it would motivate me a bit more to finally pursue a Thunderbolt Ryzentosh for the first time in a while! The ASUS Crosshair VIII Extreme and the ProArt Creator X570 have always interesting candidates for such experiments to me to try this on!
The linke to the guide is down below.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The FAQ states flashing the firmware is necessary for some special Thunderbolt devices, or when using multiple Thunderbolt cards. So in most cases it should not be needed.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.