"Volume Hash Mismatch'

Pgranix

AMD OS X Member
Anyone else on Monterey encounter this problem? I've encountered this issue twice so far. Searching around, it seems it affects genuine Macs on Montereyas well. It seems no one has encountered this error since no query results came up when search, "Volume Hash Mismatch."

I'm on Monterey 12.6. Anyone else on Monterey encounter this problem?

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Anyone else on Monterey encounter this problem? I've encountered this issue twice so far. Searching around, it seems it affects genuine Macs on Montereyas well. It seems no one has encountered this error since no query results came up when search, "Volume Hash Mismatch."

I'm on Monterey 12.6. Anyone else on Monterey encounter this problem?
I believe the Apple support posts have mentioned the cause of this issue is basicallty bad RAM. Try to perform a Memtest on the RAM in your system and see how it fairs. In addition if you use XMP profiles, to try to reduce your RAM speeds down a notch if it runs high and see if the problem is resolved. If not then you may need to replace the RAM.

Pgranix

AMD OS X Member
I performed the memory test with Windows, using its utility, which did not find errors. Also, I used memtest. With memtest, there were no errors found (see attachment). However, one peculiar thing that memtest displayed was for one of my two RAM modules, in Slot 4, PSD was undetected. However, SPD was detected in the RAM module in Slot 2.

In BIOS both RAM modules are detected and present.

Attachments

• IMG_0392.jpg
    IMG_0392.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0393.jpg
    IMG_0393.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.