Ventura works perfectly....but without internet connection

Apocoprezzo

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, how are you doing? :) I am new to the group and hope to post in the right section of the forum! I recently upgraded my pc with a new motherboard and CPU. But once I installed Mac OS Ventura I can't get the ethernet port to work.I followed the Opencore guide, tried installing the kexts they suggest but nothing. Currently Ventura works fine, not in its most dazzling form but it works. Do you know how to help me? Below are the specifications:

Motherboard Bios: FDb Aug 09, 2023
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550m Aorus Elite mATX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G With Radeon Graphics
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600XT
Driver Ethernet (From Windows): Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller

Motherboard link Amazon: https://www.amazon.it/Gigabyte-AORUS-Socket-DDR4-SDRAM-Motherboard/dp/B08BN8VD23
Motherboard link Gigabyte: https://www.gigabyte.com/it/Motherboard/B550M-AORUS-ELITE-rev-13/sp#sp

I tried using both RealtekRTL8111 and LucyRTL8125Ethernet kext, but nothing. With the former (RealtekRTL8111) I only get reboots, I could not figure out what they are caused by, and with the latter (LucyRTL8125Ethernet) it does not detect the Ethernet port.

P.S in the bios I followed the steps described by opencore i.e. to disable Above 4G Decoding but nothing, I couldn't solve even disabling or enabling it.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 16

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your motherboard uses the Realtek RTL8111H ethernet controller, so RealtekRTL8111.kext is the correct option for your system. The LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext is only for Realtek 2.5GB Ethernet controllers, so not any use for your system.

When you added the RealtekRTL8111.kext to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder did you also add a companion entry for the kext to your config.plist?

I have attached a revised EFI for your B550 system, see if this helps. I have a B550 and a B550m system so the changes should be good for your system.

You need to undertake the USB configuration/port mapping for your system to get it working at its best.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.4 MB · Views: 19

Apocoprezzo

AMD OS X Member
Hi Edhawk and thank you for your reply. I have used your modified efi and also tried to find some other solution online for RealtekRTL8111.kext control. But on every setting I try to enter or change I always run into a kernel panic at startup. you guys what do you recommend again, I did the usb port mapping again with Hackintool before I entered the RealtekRTL8111.kext, but I didn't solve anything.
I also followed this guide but nothing: https://github.com/Mieze/RTL8111_driver_for_OS_X

What do you guys recommend? Is there a possible solution for this problem or am I the one who can't solve it?:cry:

Thank you for taking the time!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you checked that you have the correct Bios settings for your system to run macOS?

# AMD Bios settings

I would recommend the following:
  1. Boot in to OpenCore boot screen.
  2. Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi option before you make any Bios changes or boot macOS with the revised OC setup I provided.
  3. To select the ResetNvramEntry.efi option,
    1. Press the Spacebar when you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI),
    2. This will unhide the tools and drivers contained in your OC setup.
    3. Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi and the system should automatically reboot.
  4. Enter the Bios, select Default Settings (usually found on the Exit tab in the bios.
    1. Save and reboot the system.
  5. Re-enter the BIOS and apply the AMD BIOS settings in the link above. Only make the changes listed, plus sorting your Boot drive options.
  6. Re-enter the BIOS to check the new settings have stuck, amend any that haven't.
  7. Try booting in to macOS from the OC boot screen.

Apocoprezzo

AMD OS X Member
It's finally working! In addition to your excellent advice, I had to change a few other settings in the bios, regarding the lan card and now it works great! Thank you for helping me! :love::love:

Apocoprezzo

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I am here again. Last night I turned off the hackintosh normally and this afternoon I have the problem again from last time, that is when I turn on the hackintosh it goes into kernel panic. Removing from windows realtekrtl8111.kext starts normally, with kext inserted it goes into kernel panic. What can it be and yet I have not changed any options in both bios and config.plist. I also followed the steps described above but nothing, this time I can't get it to work. What can you guys tell me? Thank you all in advance!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you applied the latest Ventura 13.6 update on your system?
Did the Ethernet kext issue return after the update?
Have you checked to see if the Kernel > Add entry for the RealtekRTL8111.kext is present and enabled in your config.plist?

Apocoprezzo

AMD OS X Member
Hi thanks again for the help, no the mac has not been updated, it has version 13.5.1 if I'm not mistaken. Yes in the config.plist there is still the Realtekrtl8111.kext entry in Kernel > add. i used the efi folder you set up for me, i haven't changed anything since then

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Check that the built-in LAN is enabled in the bios.
Disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable from the back of the case and the switch/router.

ronron

AMD OS X Member
Have you applied the latest Ventura 13.6 update on your system?
Did the Ethernet kext issue return after the update?
Have you checked to see if the Kernel > Add entry for the RealtekRTL8111.kext is present and enabled in your config.plist?
Hi @Edhawk and @Apocoprezzo I'm having a similar issue. I upgraded from fully working Monterey (for over two years with all open core updates) and now I have connection both in Ethernet and wifi but no internet. Can't browse. Bluetooth is fully working
Motherboard: x570 ASRock taichi
Wifi/Bluetooth controller: BCM94360CD
Kext used: SmallTreeIntel82576.kext
Open core: 0.9.8

Attachments

• 17074873502424765298275577870183.jpg
    17074873502424765298275577870183.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you tried using AppleIGB.kext for your Intel i211AT Ethernet, see attached.

Also I assume your motherboard is an ASRock X570 Taichi not an X750 board.

Attachments

• AppleIGB.DEBUG.kext.zip
    95.7 KB · Views: 3

ronron

AMD OS X Member
Have you tried using AppleIGB.kext for your Intel i211AT Ethernet, see attached.

Your assumption is absolutely right.
I'm gonna try the Kext and let you know what happened

ronron

AMD OS X Member

So I loaded the Kext, it did recognize the Ethernet port but still no browsing. Plus my computer is restarting randomly. Can't tell why...
Even windows is crashing and restarting... Don't know what did I do wrong

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So I loaded the Kext, it did recognize the Ethernet port but still no browsing. Plus my computer is restarting randomly. Can't tell why...
That sounds like a hardware issue now if both Windows and macOS crash.

Apocoprezzo

AMD OS X Member
Hi @ronron ,we need to figure out why the computer restarts on both Hackintosh and Windows. Have you made any changes lately? I don't know have you changed the thermal paste or upgraded any components or maybe changed some bios settings .

ronron

AMD OS X Member
Hi @ronron ,we need to figure out why the computer restarts on both Hackintosh and Windows. Have you made any changes lately? I don't know have you changed the thermal paste or upgraded any components or maybe changed some bios settings .
Thanks @Apocoprezzo @leesurone and @Edhawk I did a recovery in windows, and is working fine. Mac is still crashing.
I did change some bios settings cause I did it all over just in case it was that, but still rebooting. I'm starting to think is my wifi card. BCM94360CD
Cause when I take it out it doesn't reboot.
Now I have internet through i211 Ethernet when my Call digit thunderbolt dock is disconnected (it has a i210 Ethernet port). If I connect them both, Mac recognize both but non works "self assigned IP". Any why to have the both or disable the call digit Ethernet so I can still use the dock?

Apocoprezzo

AMD OS X Member
Thanks @Apocoprezzo @leesurone and @Edhawk I did a recovery in windows, and is working fine. Mac is still crashing.
I did change some bios settings cause I did it all over just in case it was that, but still rebooting. I'm starting to think is my wifi card. BCM94360CD
Cause when I take it out it doesn't reboot.
Now I have internet through i211 Ethernet when my Call digit thunderbolt dock is disconnected (it has a i210 Ethernet port). If I connect them both, Mac recognize both but non works "self assigned IP". Any why to have the both or disable the call digit Ethernet so I can still use the dock?
Hi @ronron the I think like me on my pc, the Ethernet card and both the Wi-Fi card conflict on both Windows and hackintosh. If you want to solve like me at most buy an Ethernet or Wi-Fi adapter. So you will solve it quickly I did that way.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.