Ventura on Ryzen 5 3600x / B450M / Nvidia card

theawesomerb

AMD OS X Member
Hello guys ,
i hope you're all fine
i'm trying to test ventura on my gaming pc , i succefully created an EFI that boots up , acces the disk utility and other tools , but when i click on install macOS ventura , it says that macos cannot be installed on this computer.
my config :
CPU : AMD ryzen 3600x
RAM : 32go
MB : gigabyte B450m DS3H
GPU : RTX 2070 ( ps : i know this gpu is not supported , i just want to install and try ventura to see if it suits my needs for a couple of time before buying an amd gpu)
i used Opencore to creat the EFI , and downloaded official ventura and installed it using the command line provided by apple.
i used OCAuxiliaryTools to configure my EFI, i applied amd patch, edited algrey, uuid key and tried different SMBIOS configurations , same result .
please find attached my EFI , thanks in advance guys !

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 9

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello guys ,
i hope you're all fine
i'm trying to test ventura on my gaming pc , i succefully created an EFI that boots up , acces the disk utility and other tools , but when i click on install macOS ventura , it says that macos cannot be installed on this computer.
my config :
CPU : AMD ryzen 3600x
RAM : 32go
MB : gigabyte B450m DS3H
GPU : RTX 2070 ( ps : i know this gpu is not supported , i just want to install and try ventura to see if it suits my needs for a couple of time before buying an amd gpu)
i used Opencore to creat the EFI , and downloaded official ventura and installed it using the command line provided by apple.
i used OCAuxiliaryTools to configure my EFI, i applied amd patch, edited algrey, uuid key and tried different SMBIOS configurations , same result .
please find attached my EFI , thanks in advance guys !
So it begs the question if you know your Nvidia 2070 isn't supported and your CPU doesn't have graphic capabilities how do you expect to be able to load OSX? Short answer is it's just not going to happen, cold hard fact. It's over until you bite the bullet and either purchase a compatible GPU or CPU.

theawesomerb

AMD OS X Member
So it begs the question if you know your Nvidia 2070 isn't supported and your CPU doesn't have graphic capabilities how do you expect to be able to load OSX? Short answer is it's just not going to happen, cold hard fact. It's over until you bite the bullet and either purchase a compatible GPU or CPU.
well i must thank you for saving me the hassle and the waste of time , i wonder though why the installed poped out that error , is it because it detected i have an unholly RTX or because of a mis-configured EFI ?
one last question , i have two optiplex 3010 desktop , one with i5 3470, and one with i3 3220 , both with Nvidia GT 730 (4gb) , both with 16gb of ram , will i be able to run ventura / sonoma on those , as i dont have heavy workload? (if the nvidia GT 730 is unholly the cpus still have integrated gpu), thanks alote mate !!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your Nvidia Kepler GPU lost support with the release of Monterey. So the newest release of macOS those two Dell systems would run is Big Sur with the Nvidia GT 730 GPU.

Again you need to use a compatible AMD GPU in order to have either Ivy Bridge desktop run anything newer than Big Sur. Your i5-3470 and i3-3220 both contain a HD2500 IGPU, which won't drive a display in macOS as these IGPU's require a discrete GPU for running macOS. So you are out of luck as regards the IGPU in both these systems.

You need to have a look at the three sections in the GPU Buyers guide to see what you have, what they will run and what you need to run anything better/newer in respect of macOS.

Nvidia - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/nvidia-gpu.html

Intel - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/intel-gpu.html

AMD - https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buyers-Guide/modern-gpus/amd-gpu.html

So as an option would be to buy, a second hand AMD Polaris or newer dGPU, that would work in your Dell Desktop systems and run Ventura or Sonoma.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.